Kirby's returning to dreamland

Pinkie Pie said:
Epic Nitwit said:
MnSG said:
New Super Mario said:
I want to get this game, cause me and my sister had an awesome time play Epic Yarn.

At least Return to Dreamland fixes up the issue of the game being impossible to get a Game Over in. You can't get a Game Over in Kirby's Epic Yarn after all.

Is that a bad thing? I've never played Epic Yarn, I might try to get that at Christmas time, too.
Sorta. It kinda loses the challenge.

I disagree with that.

The real challenge is to obtain the Gold Medal, honestly.

My biggest gripe with modern games is the lives system. All it does is to waste time. Lives were an arcade thing. Dying and resetting a challenge are a different matter, but I like how you can't die in Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I hope there will be a mode where you can use the helpers instead of multiple Kirbies. I say they're much more interesting to look at then generic clones of the main protagonist.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I disagree with that.

The real challenge is to obtain the Gold Medal, honestly.

My biggest gripe with modern games is the lives system. All it does is to waste time. Lives were an arcade thing. Dying and resetting a challenge are a different matter, but I like how you can't die in Kirby's Epic Yarn.

That's not too hard to accomplish if you play hard enough. Now, while I've been able to handle a lot of games without getting any game overs, it should still be utilized, just for the nostalgia.

We Europeans need to wait a whole month more, but at least I'll import this game from America, together with Super Mario 3D Land from Japan.

Or do the following:
1. Get Letterbomb.
2. Install BootMii.
3. Configure your Wii to be region free on everything.
4. Buy any NTSC Wii game you want.
5. Run them on your PAL Wii.
6. ??????
7. Profit!

First thing's first.
After installing, reboot your Wii, and hold down the reset button.
Configure your Wii to be region free.

Ah, okay then.
I'll not force you into it, if you don't want.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Ah, okay then.
I'll not force you into it, if you don't want.

Thanks for trying.

Back on topic, I'm not sure whether these have been posted yet:

http://kirby.nintendo.com/returntodreamland/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sukj/index.html

US and Japan websites. Not sure about Europe.

Short answer: No Kirby site yet for Europe.
Long answer:

"Kirby's Adventure Wii wordt op 25 november 2011 gelanceerd, exclusief voor de Wii.

Liefhebbers van Kirby kunnen ook afstemmen op zijn eigen tv-kanaal om te genieten van tekenfilms met de roze held! Het Kirby TV Channel is als gratis download verkrijgbaar op de Wii en toont tv-shows met de legendarische superster Kirby, die in Dream Land de strijd aanbindt met King Dedede. Dit kanaal werd op 23 juni 2011 gelanceerd en biedt toegang tot meer dan 50 Kirby-afleveringen die twee keer per week beschikbaar komen, gedurende een periode van zes maanden. Wie wil weten hoe het Kirby en zijn vrienden in Dream Land vergaat, moet het Kirby TV Channel absoluut in de gaten houden!

Ga voor meer informatie naar www.nintendo.nl."

Or:
"Kirby's Adventure Wii will launch on November 25th, 2011, exclusively for Wii.

*A tl;dt story about Kirby TV Channel for Wii*

For more information, go to www.nintendo.nl."

I'm getting this, like I've said 30+ times.

Any of you in America and Canada got this game already?
I won't get the game, until Super Mario 3D Land gets released in Japan, as I've ordered them together.
However, one of our employee's already has this game through her local store in America, and will capture some footage later on, and send them to me through email, so I can upload them to YouTube.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
However, one of our employee's already has this game through her local store in America, and will capture some footage later on, and send them to me through email, so I can upload them to YouTube.

Awesome, hope there's somthing new.

MnSG said:
RandomTBush confirmed that the game contains MDL0 content.

Uh... what's that?

MDL0, these are some types of 3D Models, used in several Wii games.

Double (video) post:
Note: Not played by me, it's done by one of our crew, which lives in America (description tells all).

I got the game earlier today and stopped near the end of World 3.

Just like Kirby 64, the game requires you to use specific abilities to get certain Energy Spheres (basically the game's "Crystal Shards"). The new abilties are also great, I especially like Water.

The game has also recieved positive scores, it's average being an 86%; IGN gave it the lowest score of 7 while Destructoid gave it the highest score of 10.

But in all, I recommend you get this game.

I can't wait to get my package with Kirby, Mario, and Tetris.
I mean, these games were that close to each other to be released, I've simply ordered them all at once.
And besides, since Kirby's Adventure Wii is planned for the end of November to be released here, we have enough time to write a review of this game.

Back