PM4 looks dead.

Jr. Troopa should return. His boss fights were fun

Some of his boss fights were actually really tough if you didn't have the right badge for it.

Leonyx said:
Some of his boss fights were actually really tough if you didn't have the right badge for it.
Yeah like Huff and Puff would really had with out the Power Bounce.

Power Bounce is one of the best moves in the Paper series in my opinion since you can deal a load of damage with it.

I also suck at using Power Bounce :P

I like partners more. They had more personality

Partners were better than pixls.

Ornithologist Mario said:
They can actually fight unlike pixels ate bad at fighting and some can't fight at all.

Paper Bowser said:
Dr. Eggman said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
They can actually fight unlike pixels ate bad at fighting and some can't fight at all.
I thought you liked Carrie though.
I do, but I would rather have partners.

It's not dead, whatever that means. They probably don't want to hype the game too much, for fear that they might lose money if it doesn't sell well enough. I will say this, though, there's a LOT of focus on the paper aspect of the game, more than any other Paper Mario game before it.

Paper Bowser said:
How does it focus on the paper element even more?
(I hate having to explain this over and over again)

See, the way I see it, the first three Paper Mario games kind of toyed around with the paper aspect, but it never went beyond being a visual thing or a minor gameplay mechanic. Here in this game, all the characters are being treated like they were paper, including Toads who were trapped in a cupboard, Mario getting crinkled when attacked instead of that "being hit" pose, all the characters having jerky moments instead of smoother ones from the previous games, the fan attack, enemies rolling up into circles...

As I said before only Mario really used his paper ability, and he had to be cursed to do it. Everyone else just acted kind of like everything was normal. It was mostly just a visual aesthetic, is what I'm saying.

But don't get your hopes up, the HP for enemies might higher this time.

Paper Bowser said:
At least it was original
I don't really care how "original" it is if it just kills all the enemies in one hit like that.
Dr. Eggman said:
But don't get your hopes up, the HP for enemies might higher this time.
From what I can tell, enemies/bosses have more health, but Mario does more damage.

Paper Bowser said:
I bet there will be another Goomba partener
At this point, I HOPE there's another Goomba partner. Or ANY partner with some personality... The only ones I've seen are the Chain Chomp (just a regular Chain Chomp, nothing special), a Toad (a GREEN Toad, but STILL nothing special), and that thing that looked like a Pixl... And while I admit the Pixls were neat, they had next to NOT character development. They were introduced, and then never spoke or did anything again, save for what their powers were.

Back