Ages of Mario Characters

this is google citing a frickin fandom wikia lmao i cant say thats a good source
afaik kiddy kong is like, the only character in game canon whose age is mentioned (being 3 years)

Mario-39
Luigi-39
Bowser-50
Bowser Jr-12
Iggy-19
Ludwig-23
Roy-18
Morton-20
Wendy-13
Lemmy-9
Larry-7
Peach-29
Daisy-25
Rosalina-100
Boom Boom-6
Yoshi-60 (in dragon years, 8 in human years)
Kamek-24
Toad-14
Toadette-13
Captain Toad-18
Those fairy guys in 3D World-10
Sumo Bro-20
Fat Sumo Bro-Also 20
Nabbit-11
King Boo-He's dead! He's over a billion years old at least lol.
This is my opinion. It may not be correct.

Mario-39
Luigi-39
Bowser-50
Bowser Jr-12
Iggy-19
Ludwig-23
Roy-18
Morton-20
Wendy-13
Lemmy-9
Larry-7
Peach-29
Daisy-25
Rosalina-100
Boom Boom-6
Yoshi-60 (in dragon years, 8 in human years)
Kamek-24
Toad-14
Toadette-13
Captain Toad-18
Those fairy guys in 3D World-10
Sumo Bro-20
Fat Sumo Bro-Also 20
Nabbit-11
King Boo-He's dead! He's over a billion years old at least lol.
This is my opinion. It may not be correct.

How can Mario be older than Yoshi when Yoshi's the creature who baby-sat Mario in the first place?

Or, is the Yoshi in the current games a different character from the Yoshi in Yoshi's Island?

Yeah..... try checking dates of posts you're replying to.

while i understand the frustration, only a month or so is not really grounds to go after a member for necrobumping

generally that's topics on the order of years old

E: with regards to the quote, yeah, don't reply to ancient posts unless it's really relevant somehow. do THAT again and expect consequences.

Last edited:
I think it's less the fact that she bumped the topic and more the fact that the exact post she quoted was made back in... 2006. lol

On a more relevant to the thread note, I kinda see the Mario bros. in their mid-twenties. Mostly because I'm pretty sure they're regarded as young still within the games, and mid twenties is still young while being pretty firmly adult as they are.

Reactions: zel
Sure, their personalities aren't TOO in depth but while they're energetic like mid 20s people I don't see them sometimes expressing the typical vulnerabilities and uncertainties these people do (hell I think even Link does this from time to time, and he's clearly near their age) so maybe that's why some people think Mario and Luigi are older.

You shouldn't overthink things when it comes to Mario.

I mean, to be fair, the name of the thread is overthinking, right? And it is a canon source that could probably be used to determine ages. Peach being the same age as Mario and Luigi is pretty plausible, not just because of that game but because every time the babies appear they're often seen together.

Interesting note along those lines -

They share good chemistry in Mario Super Sluggers, but the Mario Kart Wii official player's guide stats that Baby Luigi was frightened of her when they used to ride together due to her energetic nature.
Source: https://www.mariowiki.com/Baby_Daisy

... (Just realized by copypasting this that it says "stats" instead of "states". Someone ought to fix that.)

Anyway, seems they knew Daisy as babies. But also, they only just met in Daisy's debut? I think there's some multiversal shenanigans going on.

I mean, Super Mario Land doesn't have anything to imply that Mario and Daisy don't know each other (unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible).

Anyways, I see Mario and Luigi as around 25, since it's in between both of the previous stated ages (26 and 24). Given this assumption, I'd say Peach and Bowser would be about 22 and 28 respectively. I think Bowser Jr. is 3 and the Koopalings are between 9 and 15, with Larry as the youngest and Ludwig as the oldest. Ultimately though, character ages are irrelevant for the most part, but I still find it fun to speculate about.

Also, it feels really weird to be replying to a topic that was started when I was only a few months old. :babymario:

I mean, Super Mario Land doesn't have anything to imply that Mario and Daisy don't know each other (unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible).
It'll be kind of weird if Mario knew Daisy since they were babies, and they were friends but he never heard of this Sarsaland; at least the game itself frames as being exotic from Mushroom Kingdom, never explored!

If can't be a major difference in age between Mario and Luigi. They were both toddlers of the same age and skill in Partners in Time. Also, in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, the babies were born that morning and then the stork headed to the Mushroom Kingdom to deliver the babies. They were born on the same morning and thus would be the same age.
Who knows? Maybe Mario and Luigi actually are twins but during the birthing process, Mario came out of his mother's womb before Luigi.

I'm just reminded that nontwins kind of weird me out sometimes with their confusion at the apparent contradiction that Mario and Luigi have an age difference. Anyhow, I can confirm that I did pop out first and I'm considered the "older" twin. But in Mario's case, he more like got his stork to deliver the sack first and Luigi came shortly after.

Mario appeared out of the sack at the beginning of Yoshi's Island, while Luigi did not appear until the end. Therefore, Mario is exactly 1 Game older than Luigi. 😋

Back