Ages of Mario Characters

Big Smoke

Remember the name
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
superlumiella said:
Peach has to be slightly younger than Mario and Luigi
What is this assumption based on?
 

superlumiella

Monty Mole
Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:
Peach has to be slightly younger than Mario and Luigi
What is this assumption based on?
Female protagonists are usually younger than their male counterparts and Peach looks younger than them also. I'd think there's no more than a 2-year age difference between them so it's not significant anyway.
 

Big Smoke

Remember the name
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Well, a cliché is not the same as definite proof, so I don't see how she HAS to be younger than Mario.

Plus, you have to consider she's a princess, so she's probably dolled up and plastered with make-up every time she appears. She could easily be five years older than Mario, we wouldn't know.
 

superlumiella

Monty Mole
Dr. Alphys said:
Well, a cliché is not the same as definite proof, so I don't see how she HAS to be younger than Mario.

Plus, you have to consider she's a princess, so she's probably dolled up and plastered with make-up every time she appears. She could easily be five years older than Mario, we wouldn't know.
Mario as a series is pretty much based on cliché and archetypes, not that there's anything wrong with it.
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up and most likely still kept her younger than the Bros. to fit with that whole "young maiden in distress" thing.

I don't see why she would be older, but I see why she would be younger.
 

Big Smoke

Remember the name
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
superlumiella said:
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up
This is the first time I've ever heard of that.



This is artwork associated with Peach from her debut appearance in Super Mario Bros.. I don't really get "child" out of that. That seems to be the face of a grown woman.

Where is your information coming from?
 

superlumiella

Monty Mole
Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:
Also, we have to take note Peach use to be very young (possibly a child) in her first appearance until they aged her up
This is the first time I've ever heard of that.



This is artwork associated with Peach from her debut appearance in Super Mario Bros.. I don't really get "child" out of that. That seems to be the face of a grown woman.

Where is your information coming from?
This looks older and she looks like a kid here



Also the fact that Super Mario used to be taller than Peach


She seems at least younger than she is now.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Dr. Alphys said:
superlumiella said:
Peach has to be slightly younger than Mario and Luigi
What is this assumption based on?
In Partners in Time, Peach is still in complete baby clothes while Mario and Luigi aren't. That's MY assumption anyway.
 

Swiftie_Luma

Moon Prism Power!!!
It worries me that a 20 or 30 something short man with a moustache tries to sound like he sucked some helium tank whenever possible.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Charles Martinet intended to give Mario a soft voice so he doesn't frighten children. I like its playfulness, suits him very much.
 

Swiftie_Luma

Moon Prism Power!!!
i wasn't serious.

To me Mario doesn't have age , i couldn't care less as the whole point of his character is to appeal children anyway.
 

Koops

Epic
I believe Mario is at least in his late twenties, as some people suggested but I i would go for 32 because damn does his mustache make him older. For other characters here are my guesses:

Luigi 31
Peach 26
Bowser 57
Toad (not to be confused with the species) 36
Kamek 90
And Bowser Jr probably 11
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Pretty sure Luigi is younger than Mario by about 5 seconds.
 

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
Mcmadness said:
Pretty sure Luigi is younger than Mario by about 5 seconds.
I'd say the in-world duration of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, if we count the first time his head comes out of the bundle as date of birth.
 

Nephenee

The country girl with a funny way of talkin'
Toadsworth is stated to be 60 years old according to an e-mail in TTYD. There's also the fact that Petey Piranha in Partners in Time looks the same as he does in the present day, while Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser were babies, meaning he may well be much older than them (except possibly Toadsworth the Younger).
 

Mister Wu

King Bowser
Wiki Administrator
[quote author=Shigeru Miyamoto]
When we make a game we take care not to add incongruence to that game’s world. With that caveat, I’d like to keep using Mario in future games.
[/quote]
That was an obviosuly improper translation, was it? :bowjr:

Times, they are-a-changin, how things were different in 2005...
 

The RPG Gamer

I am the greatest RPG gamer alive
Mario character ages (as of now).
Mario: 31
Luigi: 31
Peach: 31
Yoshi: ??
Bowser: 38
Bowser Jr. 14
Daisy: 29
Rosalina: 2000
Fawful: 13
Midbus: 41
Dimentio: 14
Grubba: 60
Toadsworth: 72
Toad: 25
Toadette: 9
Toadiko: 16
Toadbert: 19
Goombario: 6
Kooper: 16
Bombette: 14
Parakarry: 23
Lady Bow: 15
Watt: 1
Sushie: 10
Lakilester: 17
Goombella: 16
Koops: 15
Flurrie: 100
Yoshi Kid: 0
Vivian: 1000
Bobbery: 51
Ms. Mowz: 18
Jolene: 45
Prince Mush: 43
Donkey Kong: 21
Wario: 31
Waluigi: 31
Merlon: 500
Nolrem: 500
Starlow: 6
Stuffwell: 6
Cackletta: 93
Kamek: 84
Kammy Koopa: 86
Kamella: 87
Elder Princess Shroob: 130
Princess Shroob: 100
Kylie Koopa: 17
Koopalings: ??
Pauline: 21
Cortez: 950
Sir Grodus: 49
Lord Crump: 24
Beldam: 1050
Marilyn: 1032
Count Bleck: 52
Tippi/Timpani: 48
Nastasia: 49
O'Chunks: 61
Mimi: 13
Mr. L: 31
Wingo: 3
Tubba Blubba: 25
Francis: 16
Diddy Kong: 16
Doopliss: ??
Birdo: ??
King Boo: 100
Petey Piranha: 20
Gooper Blooper: 14
Funky Kong: 20
Dry Bowser: 64
Dark Star: 1000
Prince Peasley: 13
Prince Dreambert: 1000
Antasma: 1000
Queen Bean: 35
Professor E. Gadd: 98
Lakitu: 28
Goombaria: 4
Shadow Queen: 1100
Kersti: 16
Huey: 16
Rawk Hawk: 19
 

mettyton

you probably find my profile pic cringy
so i'm just gonna jump in and say that we could potentially estimate how old characters are by their appearances in games and their voice clips (particularly in the rpgs)

now with that said i'm gonna contradict that by saying that starlow probably doesn't really have an age as such, i mean she's a star sprite and most of the star sprites are really old, so by logic she would be pretty old as well
 

Presto

Goomba
mettyton said:
so i'm just gonna jump in and say that we could potentially estimate how old characters are by their appearances in games and their voice clips
I don't know, I mean, I feel like Mario's voice is getting higher (in pitch) in new games (except Smash Bros.), specially in 3D World. I still can't believe Mario is ~25 years.
 
Top