Donkey Kong Country Returns

Re: New Donkey Kong Country announced at E3

http://www.thetanooki.com/2010/06/25/what-wont-return-when-donkey-kong-country-returns/

1. No water levels.
2. Diddy Kong is not playable.
3. No Kremlings or King K. Rool.

1.YES!
2.Shit... :(
3.FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- What kind of DK game is this?

Smugleaf said:
No water levels.
I've never been a particularly avid Donkey Kong player, but I always though it was a rule of video games that everyone hated water levels. I know I do.

Never played Donkey Kong, but what the hell i'll get this.

That would imply it has something to do with the other ones other than having Donkey Kong in it.

MarioNinti said:
i think donkey kong country 4 would be a better name

Objection! Donkey Kong Country Returns is a better name because, well, it's returning!

Hmm... Kensuke Tanabe (some dude at Retro Studios) said there will not be any alligators in the game, but... the Kremlings are crocodiles.

Close enough. English probably isn't his first language.

True. Many people do get confused with alligators and crocodiles too, there's not much of a difference between them.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/110/1107723p1.html

This article reeks of pure fanboyism. This is yet another of those people who automatically dismiss anything in the Donkey Kong series that wasn't made by Nintendo. It's ironic how quick they are to bash the character designs of the Kremlings and supporting Kong cast, while Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, on the other hand, which had far worse character designs, was received with all the praise in the world by these people.

Sheesh, they're no different from those in the Mega Man fanbase, who've automatically labeled Mega Man 7, 8, and Mega Man & Bass as the "worst games in the series", simply because they aren't in 8-bit. In fact, there's an IGN editor who has that same stupid mentality.

Don't get me wrong, though. I can handle people disagreeing with me, or having different preferences, but this is just ridiculous. The fanboyism in these articles just makes me sick.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN. ;)

Krazy Monkey said:
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/110/1107723p1.html

This article reeks of pure fanboyism. This is yet another of those people who automatically dismiss anything in the Donkey Kong series that wasn't made by Nintendo. It's ironic how quick they are to bash the character designs of the Kremlings and supporting Kong cast, while Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, on the other hand, which had far worse character designs, was received with all the praise in the world by these people.

Sheesh, they're no different from those in the Mega Man fanbase, who've automatically labeled Mega Man 7, 8, and Mega Man & Bass as the "worst games in the series", simply because they aren't in 8-bit. In fact, there's an IGN editor who has that same stupid mentality.

Don't get me wrong, though. I can handle people disagreeing with me, or having different preferences, but this is just ridiculous. The fanboyism in these articles just makes me sick.
I read that article yesterday, and I have to agree with you. Seriously, the thing on the end about them not wanting the extended Kong family made me angry. Donkey and Diddy aren't enough, at least Dixie, Candy, Funky, and Cranky Kong should appear. And maybe even Wrinkly, Swanky, and Kiddy Kong.

Considering the rampant Rare-bashing and Nintendo-apologism after the Microsoft buyout, I expected that article to be much more stupid. It's standard IGN dreck, but I've see far worse.

And... you guys want Candy back? She's the worst character of the series.

Retro Studio has said multiple times K.Rool and underwater levels wouldn't be back. But in the game industry, PR statements don't mean shit.

Glowsquid said:
Considering the rampant Rare-bashing and Nintendo-apologism after the Microsoft buyout, I expected that article to be much more stupid. It's standard IGN dreck, but I've see far worse.

And... you guys want Candy back? She's the worst character of the series.
Well, I mean she is one of my least favorite Kongs, but she's an important character in the series. I'm really hoping for all the Kongs to return, besides the ones that only appeared in the DKC TV show (like Bluster Kong).

Am I the only one who doesn't have anything against Candy Kong?

Krazy Monkey said:
Am I the only one who doesn't have anything against Candy Kong?

No. And Lindsay151 likes her too.

Does anyone here think Candy Kong's appearance is a little... suggestive in DK64?

She's always suggestive. That's all she pretty much does in the games other than save games, give instruments, host mini-games, etc.

Nerdy Guy said:
She's always suggestive.
This.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Does anyone here think Candy Kong's appearance is a little... suggestive in DK64?
It wasn't just her appearance. There's also the fact that Candy would often say things along the lines of, "For just 3 coins, I'll let you play with my instrument anytime you want."

It would be awsome if Mario made a tiny cameo appearence in the game

Back