Donkey Kong Country Returns

Re: New Donkey Kong Country announced at E3

Fawfulfury65 said:
I always hated those mini-games because they interrupt my level progress. After you collect three and do the mini-game, you get taken to the beginning of the level! :(
Not if you've broken one of those checkpoint Star Barrels.

SolarBlaze said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I always hated those mini-games because they interrupt my level progress. After you collect three and do the mini-game, you get taken to the beginning of the level! :(
But it still takes you back through the level. If you get three of them at the end of a level, you'll be taken back to the checkpoint.

Fawfulfury65 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
But it still takes you back through the level. If you get three of them at the end of a level, you'll be taken back to the checkpoint.
I guess it adds an element of challenge.

Hated that shit! I was doing Poison Pond from DKC1 recently and then I got to the shotcut near the end and collected the Expresso icon. I played the mini-game and I went back to the beginning of the freaking level!

Yeah, three, but I lost them all to the freaking Snapjaws and Mincers!

Getting extra lives isn't even that big of a deal in the original version of DKC because your number of lives always goes back to five when you restart the game.

That's what I hate. I'm currently doing another playthrough and I didn't realize how hard Tanked Up Trouble is. And I found Dumb Drum to be 10x easier than Master Necky and Queen B...

Fawfulfury65 said:
Getting extra lives isn't even that big of a deal in the original version of DKC because your number of lives always goes back to five when you restart the game.
Every life makes a difference in the game. You could be in the next level with your last life thinking "Darn, if only I had gotten a few extra lives before coming in here..."

Gamefreak75 said:
That's what I hate. I'm currently doing another playthrough and I didn't realize how hard Tanked Up Trouble is. And I found Dumb Drum to be 10x easier than Master Necky and Queen B...
I forget exactly how I fought against Dumb Drum, but I remember it took me forever. Master Necky and Queen B weren't too hard.

All you had to do was kill the enemies it spawned. They were basic enemies too like Klaptraps and Slippas. Didn't lose a single life on him, but lost like 10 to Master Necky and 7 to Queen B. And the lives thing sucked. Lost hundreds to Rope Bridge Rumble and Ice Age Alley, so I had to restart from Snow Barrel Blast. Don't get me started on Elevator Antics though...

Boss Dumb Drum was pretty easy. Barbos from DKC3 is extremely hard. It took me a lot of luck to beat him on the original version. He's harder than the final boss!

To be honest, I have never played DKC2 or DKC3, but I have the games. I plan on playing after I beat DKC though. Please tell me the Barbos fight doesn't take underwater the whole time.

Gamefreak75 said:
All you had to do was kill the enemies it spawned. They were basic enemies too like Klaptraps and Slippas. Didn't lose a single life on him, but lost like 10 to Master Necky and 7 to Queen B. And the lives thing sucked. Lost hundreds to Rope Bridge Rumble and Ice Age Alley, so I had to restart from Snow Barrel Blast. Don't get me started on Elevator Antics though...
Oh yeah! I'm actually not sure if Dumb Drum was easy now, but I do remember Master Necky and and Queen B. were relatively easy.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Boss Dumb Drum was pretty easy. Barbos from DKC3 is extremely hard. It took me a lot of luck to beat him on the original version. He's harder than the final boss!
Hm... I forget who Barbos is. Is he that nasty sea monster?

Gamefreak75 said:
Please tell me the Barbos fight doesn't take underwater the whole time.
Well, I've got bad news for ya....

At least you play it as Engaurde.

MST3K said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Please tell me the Barbos fight doesn't take underwater the whole time.
Well, I've got bad news for ya....

At least you play it as Engaurde.
But still...it's underwater...and I hate almost every single underwater stage or levels with a lot of underwater elements.

Barbos is actually a "she". Anyway, yeah, I agree. She can be a bit of pain at times. It took quite a few tries for me to defeat her, too, during my first playthrough.

I beat her in the GBA version, but i have yet to beat her in the original. Toxic Tower really is pissing me off. i musta died, what, 600 times?

Barbos is in Donkey Kong Country 3, Toxic Tower is in Donkey Kong Country 2. You are right about that stage being frustrating, though. I used to die at that stage a lot, too, until I discovered how to use Rattly's Super Jump technique.

The only level I find challenging in DKC2 is Bramble Scramble. I always run into the brambles and die. :-\

Telling the truth, I never played any of the Donkey Kong Country's :/

I've got no problem with there being no water levels.

But no Kremlings = WTF.

No King K. Rool is like taking Bowser from a Mario game...

Back