Donkey Kong Country Returns

Re: New Donkey Kong Country announced at E3

But I never said it was creative. ;)

I'd prefer Nintendo to just call the game "Donkey Kong Country 4", but with a subtitle like the other two sequels. Also, I thought the name "Kirby's Epic Yarn" was a joke before I realized the game was announced at E3.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I'd prefer Nintendo to just call the game "Donkey Kong Country 4", but with a subtitle like the other two sequels. Also, I thought the name "Kirby's Epic Yarn" was a joke before I realized the game was announced at E3.
There we go bashing the damn name again. :(

Gamefreak75 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
But I'm sure it'll be a great game. ;D

Fawfulfury65 said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
But I'm sure it'll be a great game. ;D
Definitely. :)

Now that there's another DKC, I wonder if there will be another Donkey Kong Land. Maybe on the 3DS?

I sure hope so. I'm also hoping that the Nintendo 3DS will have its own Virtual Console, where Nintendo will rerelease the three Donkey Kong Land titles.

It's official, there will be no Kremlings in this game:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1099190p2.html

Go ahead and say "haters gonna hate" or "the true feel of Donkey Kong Country is in it's gameplay" and all that stuff, but to ME, what stuck out for me when it came to Donkey Kong Country were the characters, the enemies/bosses, and the humor. The Kremlings were pretty much a constant throughout the series, so making a new Donkey Kong Country without them, it just doesn't feel right.

DON'T get the wrong idea, the game looks awesome and fun to play and I'm not saying that just because the game doesn't have certain characters in it doesn't mean it's going to suck or anything. Hell, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat had NOTHING to do with the original DKC games, and I freaking loved that game! I just think that a game trying to sell itself as a return to the original DKC formula WITHOUT one of its original key components is just a little odd to me.

Which is NOT to say that a franchise shouldn't change and evolve as time goes one, but... A Donkey Kong Country game with no Kremlings? That's... kind of sad.

Well, it's likely they'll return in the next DK game anyway.

... which doesn't involve Mario.

I agree, it wouldn't feel like a DKC without Kremlings. In fact, it wouldn't feel like Donkey Kong at all without Kremlings. I don't think I've ever even played a Donkey Kong game without Kremlings, besides the original arcade Donkey Kongs.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I agree, it wouldn't feel like a DKC without Kremlings. In fact, it wouldn't feel like Donkey Kong at all without Kremlings. I don't think I've ever even played a Donkey Kong game without Kremlings, besides the original arcade Donkey Kongs.
Having a DKC without Kremlings is like having a Kirby game without Waddle Dees, a Zelda game without Octorocks, and a Mario game without Goombas (exluding Sunshine).

SolarBlaze said:
Gamefreak75 said:
a Mario game without Goombas (exluding Sunshine).
What about Super Mario Bros. 2?
What about Super Mario World?

What about Super Mario Land?

SolarBlaze said:
Gamefreak75 said:
a Mario game without Goombas (exluding Sunshine).
What about Super Mario Bros. 2?
Meh, true, but forget that game because I forgot about it. Wasn't as fun as SMB3.

Westheimer said:
What about Super Mario World?

What about Super Mario Land?
Goombas WERE in those games. Well, in Super Mario World, at least. Supposedly, the things in Super Mario Land that resembled Goombas weren't them.

Those were Kuribons, not Kuriboos. I don't know what Kuribons in English are though.

*goes to look it up*

EDIT: Holy crap they're called Goombas in the English version. They're a totally different species in the original game though. Oh well.

I like how we got into a cool discussion about Goombas and researching.

So, should we get back on topic, then?

Nah, so how is life?

But seriously, I hope that the game doesn't have a lame plot.

The whole thing with the Tikis taking over the island sounds stupid. I hope they change the story.

They won't. It's been confirmed. Retro also confirmed in an interview that there will be no Animal Buddies. That sucks! And they said they were told to make a " better DKC!" This game looks bad!

No Animal Buddies? Give me a break. Even Jungle Beat, a game that was meant to be a complete and total disregard for the DKC series, had Animal Buddies of its own.

I hope they make up for those two losses somehow. If King K. Rool is not the final boss, this is not a Donkey Kong Country game.

I also hope they put in a good soundtrack. The last three games had awesome soundtracks, excluding the themes from the GBA version of DKC3. The original themes were way better...

Back