Donkey Kong Country Returns

Re: New Donkey Kong Country announced at E3

Waffleraven497 said:
They won't. It's been confirmed. Retro also confirmed in an interview that there will be no Animal Buddies. That sucks! And they said they were told to make a " better DKC!" This game looks bad!
No Kremligns OR Animal Buddies?! God-freaking-dammit!

Smashgoom202 said:
Waffleraven497 said:
They won't. It's been confirmed. Retro also confirmed in an interview that there will be no Animal Buddies. That sucks! And they said they were told to make a " better DKC!" This game looks bad!
I know, its terrible. :(

Fawfulfury65 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Waffleraven497 said:
Wait, before I jump to conclusions, where exactly did you hear this?

Smashgoom202 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Waffleraven497 said:
Some interview I guess. But still, if they put some better things in the game, it will hopefully will be a good DKC. But I doubt it'll be better than DKC2.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Waffleraven497 said:
Some interview I guess.
Yeah, that's not going to cut it for me, I want solid proof.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I also hope they put in a good soundtrack. The last three games had awesome soundtracks, excluding the themes from the GBA version of DKC3. The original themes were way better...

That soundtrack wasn't half bad!

Waffleraven497 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I also hope they put in a good soundtrack. The last three games had awesome soundtracks, excluding the themes from the GBA version of DKC3. The original themes were way better...

They were all good themes, but the original themes were better. Although I did like the overworld theme from the GBA version a lot...

Fawfulfury65 said:
Waffleraven497 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

They were all good themes, but the original themes were better. Although I did like the overworld theme from the GBA version a lot...

That was the best part. Wow, this iPad is so much easier to type on hen my iPod.

I've heard about this game myself. Looks to be quite interesting. Of course, dealing with creeps other than the Kremlings does seem quite unusual, but then again, even they deserve breaks every now and then.

Well, being on a couple of other forums, there's a theory that since the Tikis are mind-controlling formerly good creatures of DK Island, it basically means that already hostile creatures such as Neckies and Zingers won't appear...

Wait a minute. None of didn't seem to notice their absence. Well, they're apart of the Kremling Krew anyway...

A Donkey Kong game without Kremlings or Zingers isn't a real Donkey Kong game. It better at least have Zingers.

I have a feeling they'll return anyway, but in levels much later in the game.

I'm sure Retro Studios will amaze us. They did a freaking great job on Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (my favorite Metroid game) and a good job on Metroid Prime 3 (I didn't like the story of this one.)

Did they say anything about this game having som DK and Diddy simultaneous co-op á la NSMB Wii?

That´d be freaking sweet. It´d be even sweeter if it was 4 players, with Dixie and another fourth Kong on the go.

Easmo said:
Did they say anything about this game having som DK and Diddy simultaneous co-op á la NSMB Wii?

That´d be freaking sweet. It´d be even sweeter if it was 4 players, with Dixie and another fourth Kong on the go.
Kiddy Kong would probably be the fourth if that were true.

Apparently, according tom some Kirby website,a user stated, "the co-op looks fun! same with DKC3. Although I'm disappointed , I will be buying this game.

There's no reason to be very disappointed in this game, actually. I'm sure Retro will come up with some great gameplay ideas to put this at the top of the series.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Read this:

http://kotaku.com/5572645/their-orders-are-to-make-a-better-donkey-kong-country?skyline=true&s=i

Sounds like there could be Animal Buddies. However, no underwater levels mean no Enguarde. What a shame, he was my favorite Animal Buddy...
No underwater levels? Man, that bites. Hopefully they'll have those fun mini-games like they did in the first (where you collected 3 little figures of an Animal Buddie to enter a thing for more bananas). Then perhaps Enguarde could perhaps make an appearance... :smug:

McDonalds Bros. said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Read this:

http://kotaku.com/5572645/their-orders-are-to-make-a-better-donkey-kong-country?skyline=true&s=i

Sounds like there could be Animal Buddies. However, no underwater levels mean no Enguarde. What a shame, he was my favorite Animal Buddy...
No underwater levels? Man, that bites. Hopefully they'll have those fun mini-games like they did in the first (where you collected 3 little figures of an Animal Buddie to enter a thing for more bananas). Then perhaps Enguarde could perhaps make an appearance... :smug:
I always hated those mini-games because they interrupt my level progress. After you collect three and do the mini-game, you get taken to the beginning of the level! :(

I loved those. Those kind of relieve the stress from me while in the middle of a level, and I could most likely make it back to the point where I was at if I just steer clear from enemies.

Back