The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

I think it's time for me leave this place. These past seven+ years this has probably been the site I visited the most and through most of those years I've felt welcome, can't really complain. But recently, this community has felt more and more foreign to me, and it's not just because of all the new users who weren't here when I was more active. I'm not really attached emotionally to this site or the community surrounding it anymore. That's not to say I don't like anyone here, I'm just not all that excited to come on and participate in threads, it's more like something like I do every day just because I've done it for so long. I didn't even really feel like leaving to be honest, but after thinking it over, it's probably better for me if I do.

I'm still glad I joined when I did, as I met a good handful of people, either directly or indirectly, through this community, and I thank steve for starting this comprehensive online guide of mario related stuffs, but my time has come. In a few hours, I'm going to scramble my password, and I'll never log on here again. I wish everyone on here the best, even those who I didn't get along with, and may God bless you.

Well then...so long, Magikrazy. Thanks for playing with us for so long, and best of wishes in your life!

EndCake_MLRPG3.png

Let's just make it clear that this is happening because you don't want to face the consequences of your disparaging comments coming into the open in a way that you're now aware of despite a whole fuckload of us being in-the-know about it for some time. I'm not gonna let this cordial goodbye be a nice send-off for everyone to forget what happened with time for forgiveness to return with splendor by next weekend. The reason this place feels foreign and unattached is because you're afraid that some people here are gay and/or trans and you can't deal with it.

I hope you grow from this and become a better person in life, because otherwise this track will lead you straight to darkness.

️‍ happy early pride month, be sure to vote in the polls come June ️‍

I'm really not sure why I feel like I should bother doing this, given it's almost certainly not going to help anything and any sympathy I feel is frankly, I know, misplaced (plus, Anton basically said the same thing I was going to, but more eloquently and with more, I guess authority) – not to mention that I'm not sure you're still here and haven't logged off, Magikrazy – but, regardless, I honestly don't feel great about this situation. However, if you are still here, I don't want you to mistake this for a goodbye either, given that I did not know you or interact with you in any meaningful way, that what I did know about you was almost entirely negative, and that the flack you're getting is entirely justified and, again, this is something entirely misplaced.

While I don't expect you to, I sincerely hope that you reflect on what you've said and the people you've associated with – perhaps you know who specifically I am alluding to –, the ways the former have been hurtful and frankly unacceptable to people, and the things that the latter have done which have similarly been hurtful and unacceptable. If you want to believe transgender people don't exist, go ahead (well, I mean, you really shouldn't it, but I'm trying to use a literary device here; please understand). It's a free country, et cetera.

Just don't expect anyone to go along with this fantasy.

As someone who was completely unaware of all of this behind-the-scenes kerfuffle the entire time, that post made was really shocking and saddening to me and while I did liked your time here prior to my ignorance of your views of persecuted folk around here, I'm afraid I can't condone anything you said on that post and I completely agree with Anton and the other community members that intolerance can't be tolerated.

I do feel wish you luck in hopes you don't go further down that path with that sort of mindset towards minorities such as transgenders who are actively in reality feeling the painful effects of discrimination and persecution due to bad science and twisted falsehoods about their mental state.

Chihaya Kisaragi said:
I'm really not sure why I feel like I should bother doing this, given it's almost certainly not going to help anything and any sympathy I feel is frankly, I know, misplaced (plus, Anton basically said the same thing I was going to, but more eloquently and with more, I guess authority) – not to mention that I'm not sure you're still here and haven't logged off, Magikrazy – but, regardless, I honestly don't feel great about this situation. However, if you are still here, I don't want you to mistake this for a goodbye either, given that I did not know you or interact with you in any meaningful way, that what I did know about you was almost entirely negative, and that the flack you're getting is entirely justified and, again, this is something entirely misplaced.

While I don't expect you to, I sincerely hope that you reflect on what you've said and the people you've associated with – perhaps you know who specifically I am alluding to –, the ways the former have been hurtful and frankly unacceptable to people, and the things that the latter have done which have similarly been hurtful and unacceptable. If you want to believe transgender people don't exist, go ahead (well, I mean, you really shouldn't it, but I'm trying to use a literary device here; please understand). It's a free country, et cetera.

Just don't expect anyone to go along with this fantasy.
Screenshot_79.png

Oh no.

No!

No!

NOOOOOO!

Goodbye Magikrazy. We'll miss you! Your posts were spme of the funniest here ever and it really is sad to see you go, but then again, you probbably have your reasons and I cannot keep you from going for those reasons... take care bro.

You don't have to ask, you can read the posts right above yours and his final interactions in his posts

Yeah don't worry, I got the low-down from LB, forgot to get rid of that post

Sucks to go down that way, I liked Magikrazy, why on earth he thought those comments would be acceptable is beyond me

I hope he changes his attitude in the future and becomes a better person for the sakes of everyone else around him.

a furry said:
Oh no.

No!

No!

NOOOOOO!

Goodbye Magikrazy. We'll miss you! Your posts were spme of the funniest here ever and it really is sad to see you go, but then again, you probbably have your reasons and I cannot keep you from going for those reasons... take care bro.
i sure as fuck won't miss him around here. please refrain making blanket statements for the whole community, esp when they're not even true. if you miss him personally then w/e I guess but saying stuff like "we'll miss you" when there's people here that will not miss him is false and misleading.

Oops

Oh hey also btw I'm now in the airport. Class trip. A week. Will have some time here but expect some considerable online activity

Magikrazy: if you just apologize and acknowledged your bigotry rather than shirk away and accept full consequences for your comments, your goodbye wouldn't be as mocked. I like you but your comments about trans people are alarming and disturbing as well as your reaction when people are rightfully angry at you for those comments. And Magikrazy, that path you're headed to, being closer to right-wing bigotry, is a dangerous path, especially evident in your history being sympathetic to Kiwi Farms (noted in MarioWiki Discord history; search "Kiwi": "I mean at the end of the day, I don't really see much difference between kiwi members making fun of people online and us making fun of people online"; "imo if someone puts their personal information out there, it's on them, and you're gonna get harassed on the internet whether you're creepy or not"), which is also a known place for mocking transgender people. I only expect you to double-down or talk about how unjust your opinions on trans people are, and how much "the left" censors you for daring to disagree with them, as this attitude is reflected by actual bigots who say bigoted things. I've seen it too many times, and I want my expectations to be wrong, but that's not reality, no.

Thank you, community, for being pro-LGBTQ and for not tolerating the intolerable. I've been to GameFAQs where comments like "trans people are delusional" or whatever are tolerated and validated, and it's really refreshing to see decent folk piling on those that make those comments here.

Well goodbye Magikrazy even if you're probably already gone. Sucks that it had to be this way. I wasn't aware of all this stuff that's coming to light here, but you were a genuinely entertaining person to me so I hope you can change for the better. Good luck.

So, after a few minutes, I'm going to some sort of camp. That means I won't be here for 2 and a half days. Today, tomorrow and half of the next day.

See ya!

Oh yeah, when I get back home, I won't see you until a little while. Well... um... see ya I guess!

Back