The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

So long, TG! (btw, it's only double-posting if you do it within three days, which you didn't)

I got hospitalized for my mental health.

Yeah that's basically it, I probably won't be online at all between now and when I leave. See you guys later.

Farewell, and I hope you get better soon.

This sorta feels like a long time coming for me, but I think it's time now.

I want to say that this forum and this community as a whole has been important to me for a long time now. Heck, I started my wiki account back in June 2009. That's pretty much ten years ago, which is absolutely crazy to think about. I was in elementary school when I joined the wiki. I'm in college now.

Adding on to that, I feel like I've kind of outgrown this site in some ways. I know this is weird to say since there are definitely members older than me on here, but I just personally feel there's nothing really for me here anymore. I don't really play video games as much as I used to talking about them in this forum setting just feels even less appealing. This is not directed at any of the users here, but in general I don't really feel like engaging in the discourse.

And I don't want to make it seem like I have no personal ties here. I've met some incredibly kind and welcoming people here. The fact that I was even welcomed back in after I was absolute ass back in the day is a testament to this community. And I know this sounds mean and I don't want to devalue any friendships or anything, but I don't really feel a strong connection to the community, or at least I haven't in along time. And again, it's not that I'm calling people out or anything it's just I've never truly felt super close to anyone here, and that feeling has only increased as the years have gone on.

In some way this forum feels like a product of the past for me. Something I did with my time in middle school and early high school. I don't regret my time here or anything, but I think it's time for me to move on. I was already half way there anyway. Most people could tell you I haven't been super active the past few years. Hell, the boards themselves haven't been super active nowadays but that's another story. I just think I should go ahead and rip off that band-aid.

So this is goodbye. Goodbye forever? Possibly. I'll never rule out showing up for the awards or anything like that, but I think it's time for me to move on to other things. It's no exaggeration to say I spent half of my life involved with this community in some way and it's definitely shaped who I am as a person. I've had some good memories, and I wish all the rest of you well.

Sayonara!

-GalacticPetey

Hopefully not forever. You've been a fantastic user, and an even better person. I'll miss you GP, I've always felt like we ran in the same circles around here.

Good luck for the future, and I hope to see you drop in for a few visits someday.

GalacticPetey, you have been an incredible user around this place. Posts you made always looked pertinent, interesting and it was always a pleasure to discuss things with you in the conversation. You've become quite an icon around here and I will say that: we will remember you as one of the greats.

Hopefully, see ya around, GP.

Yeah, you should follow your wishes, and it's great you told us your feelings, but don't feel obligated to check back here if you don't want to. I don't want you feeling regrets or anything. You don't owe us anything. So, take care, and if you feel like ever coming back, ever, don't feel bad or anything, okay?

NOOOOOOOOOO not another 2009 user leaving!!!

Good luck, buddy. I'll miss you and I wish you well! It's going to take a lot to fill the gap in the Smash Bros. and Marvel love left by you. It's truthfully one of my favorite bits of this forum nowadays! I hope to see you soon.

one time when i was a dum little kid, i was putting random shit into google and i came across your userpage by pure coincidence and thats how i found out about the mariowiki

its been epic

And I've now been discharged which means back to the outside world.

See you later, GP.

I'm going to my grandparents for a few days. Farewell for now.

I'm back, when family emergencies go for them, I go away for a few days. They are doing fine.

Just thought I'd let you all know that I'll be going away on holiday for a few days, and I probably won't be checking back in until Monday evening, just in case anybody is wondering where I've disappeared off to. See you all soon! :)

Edit (15.4.19): I'm back now, in case you hadn't noticed.

See ya BBQ Turtle!

I will be much less active in the coming weeks (lurking more than posting most likely), at least until the second week of May. School and life is really stressful lately.
No worries, I'll be back!

Back