Who is your favorite Mario character?

Lady

Inactive
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/Her
MarioWiki
Peachao
just another random question. (btw my fav is Peach)

I'm unique among Mario fans in that Baby Luigi is and will always be my little boy.

vf7p8uW.jpg

I love all Mario characters to some degree, but the ones I do have a slight affinity for above all else is Wario, Waluigi and Princess Daisy. I can't choose one specifically, because that'd be too difficult for me.

They make each spin-off they appear in that much more enjoyable for me, and I guess the fact that they never show up in mainline Mario (Aside from Wario in Super Mario 64 DS and Daisy in Super Mario Run and Super Mario Bros. Wonder) gives them a sort of allure for me. Like a forbidden fruit you can never taste.

Wario is that crazy lovable greedy brute, Waluigi is a complete enigma and drama queen, and Daisy just has that energy to her that I find appealing. This trio put together is what I consider to be my most favorite and emblematic of what I consider to be fringe and pushing boundaries in the standard Mario cast, and I frequently swap around between them in the games they are playable in.

I have so many high above others, like an unbelievable amount. Some tops for me are Bowser, Waluigi, Daisy, and Yoshi. But my top favourite has to be... Luigi. Yeah, I know unpredictable, very unpopular opinion.

Probably Vivian atm

It's probably obvious, but my favorite character is Luigi. I find his shy personality relatable.

I like daisy and toads

This is a good question and thank you for asking this question. It is hard for me to decide on who my favourite Mario character is. I think my current favourite Mario character is Donkey Kong (the one with the red tie that you see in modern games). He is not villainous like King Koopa and Wario, and I do not like very villainous characters that much. I think I prefer nicer, kinder characters who are heroes. For example, I think I like Yoshi and Luigi more than King Koopa and Wario because Yoshi and Luigi are kind, nice heroes. Well, I do think that King Koopa and Wario are badass though. When it comes to villains, it is often the case that they are badass e.g. Emperor Lord Freeza, King Koopa, Ganon, Mewtwo, Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, Giegue/Giygas, King Dedede. Yes, Donkey Kong has done some bad stuff, like kidnapping Pauline and stealing toys in the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS games, but at the end of the day...Mario and Donkey Kong get along again and it is just some rivalry...no hard feelings. It is just the case that Donkey Kong has a bit of a temper problem. It is adorable to see Donkey Kong care a lot about the toys. And, in the case of one of his kidnappings of Pauline, Pauline and Donkey Kong actually planned the kidnapping together...to test the functioning capacity of the Mini Marios, if I recall correctly...so that particular kidnapping was harmless...and Donkey Kong even gave a lot of comfort and hospitality to Pauline in terms of food and gifts, when she was in the room where the 'kidnapping' had put her in. Donkey Kong is quite intelligent, and he is very powerful and very strong. A lot of his strength and power comes from his pure body alone...his muscles...as you see in the Super Smash Bros series of games, and I think that is badass...it is not like Mario, who needs power ups like fire flowers and mushrooms and invincibility stars and frog suits and tanooki suits etc etc to power him up. Also, I think Donkey Kong built his own robot to fight against Mario at the end of the Game Boy Advance game...which was badass. The final boss music is very good. Also, Donkey Kong is a hero in the Donkey Kong County games. Also, Donkey Kong, Mario and Pauline started off the whole Mario series in 1981...so those three are very important and badass characters, in that aspect. Donkey Kong is the OG, before King Koopa came along. Donkey Kong is kind, smart, interesting, strong, powerful and has a very good character design with the red tie. Donkey Kong was one of the pioneer bosses in videogame industry when it comes to the 1981 arcade game. Yes, I know that the Rare company said that Cranky Kong is the 1981 Donkey Kong and that the current red tie Donkey Kong is actually Cranky's grandson (or son, as mentioned in the most recent Super Mario Bros movie), but the whole issue is debatable and anyway, that's a topic for another day. I think some of the people at Nintendo (Shigeru Miyamoto included) actually want 1981 Donkey Kong to be the same Donkey Kong as the current red tie Donkey Kong, but the Rare company has other ideas. Anyway, I will go back on topic. So yeah, Donkey Kong is badass. Also, Donkey Kong loves eating only bananas, and I love eating bananas too. Donkey Kong is Mario's first enemy, all the way back in 1981, so he has historic importance for gaming. So, there are many reasons why current red tie Donkey Kong is my favourite Mario character so far. Have a Merry Christmas 2023 everyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2024 :) . Oh and yes, this is my first ever post on this forum.

My favorite is Yoshi cause he's a cute dinosaur and I love cute things and I love dinosaurs! Not to mention nostalgia for Yoshi's Island because it's one of my favorite games of all time.

I personally love using Pink Yoshi and Purple Yoshi in games because those are my favorite colors.

Back