Weird Mario 64 ROM

someblox

Goomba
Hello, everyone.

I've recently gotten a Mario 64 cartridge off of an unknown website, I have bought it due to having nostalgia from back when I played my big brother's N64. I have though seen weird things going on, and I'm not doing anything, not cartridge tilting, modifying, none of it. Anyone know why this keeps happening and any way to solve it?

Return it and just find a ROM dude.

Yeah I mean how come in art for the cartridge Mario is all smooth and shiny, next to Bowser in some grassy fields, but in-game he just looks like a bunch of hideous rectangles and Bowser is yellow rather than orange, and you never see Bowser in the grassy field.

I hear if you play it for too long mario will start bleeding from his hyperrealistic eyes

Really? Because what happened to me was that Mario started sleeping for some strange reason, something that never happened to me while I was playing Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

"So one day I went to the local flea market when I saw a smw cartridge for sale by an old fisherman type. I inquire about the price but the man just said 'Yarr, this? You really don't want this'. But then I was 'why are you showing it up at a flea market then' and he gave up and sold it to me for five cent. Heck yeah!
I couldn't wait to play SUPER MARIO WORLD TM so quickly I put in my SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM and play the video and had a ton of fun. However something really weird happened when I got Chocolate Island 2. See, this was always a weird level because everything would change depending on your time, how many coins you had, etc. Well for the first time ever, when I was going through the speed-run path, instead of having a key at the end of the room it was a hyperrealistic skeleton!!
'Bwahaha!' he said with the voice of my father 'You shall be punished for all your fish crimes, little boy!'
I was all 'what' and he was all 'for pouring salt in your family fish tank I'm gonna beat up your dad and sit on your dog!'
See the problem is I had no fish, dog, and I was like over 20 at the time, and I explained this to the skeleton bleeding all over the carpet.
'Oh' was his reply. 'Aren't you Donnie McKerval?'
'Nope, sorry'
And from then on whenever I would turn on the game instead of super mario world I was treated to photorealistic static and occasional a Mr. Magoo episode. " - raocow

My copy of Mario 64 had a different course than what's in Nintendo's digital rereleases of the game. I think it was called something like "Spooky Valley" and was basically an open-world area with underground tunnels and things. I think there was a castle within that course as well. I was kind of young last time I got a chance to play that cartridge though, but I after playing it on Switch I was surprised the course wasn't there. I remember I got to the level through some sort of secret room, it was above the third floor I think. Oh well

Back