the official "u did it" thread

Edward Elric said:
Time Turner said:
i just went to comiccon, and i brought back poor purchasing decisions
how many deadpools and harley quinns did you see
there were surprisingly more harley quinns than deadpools, like a 4:1 ratio

i also saw at least two chewbaccas

The only cosplays I remember seeing from when I was at gamescom were 9 guys in front of the valve merch booth who were dressed as all 9 tf2 classes

a giant mario and a giant pikachu who were running around the nintendo booth

and then randomly a human midna somewhere

Time Turner said:
JonTron said:
were they classic harley quinns, arkham video game series harley quinns, or suicide squad harley quinns?
mostly ss harley quinns, with the occasional arkham quinn

the majority of them were with ss jokers
right, i gotta go to canadia then

with that many ss harley quinns, i can't possibly lose!

Helped someone make a better view model for a mod in Left 4 Dead 2

A56CF95FD279C81252CC7256830A198EB734DC28

I'm feeling kinda proud of myself today.

I managed to make the Website Committee at my church, which pretty much is in charge of ideas and programming and stuff for my church's website. I'm probably going to try to get in charge of programming, but we'll see.

Finally, I feel like I accomplished something.

Jacques said:
The only cosplays I remember seeing from when I was at gamescom were 9 guys in front of the valve merch booth who were dressed as all 9 tf2 classes

a giant mario and a giant pikachu who were running around the nintendo booth

and then randomly a human midna somewhere
There was cosplay at Silverstone. Saw a whole bunch of people dressed as Mario and Luigi, there was one Elsa, a few Supermans. But the most memorable one was a guy who did He-Man, complete with a 3 ft. inflatable sword and wig.

Lauren Mayberry said:
Lauren Mayberry said:
Been really unhappy with myself and my weight lately so I took the initiative yesterday to finally kick my ass and do something about it. Starting to cut back on the amount of food I eat, and trying to cut back on unhealthy food in general. Went out and got some fruits and veggies to snack on rather and snacked on those instead of chips and stuff. Taking my walking more seriously every day and am fully committed to drinking water basically 24/7 unless I need to have something else. Going to start getting into some other physical activities before long (between exercising and/or just finding something I like to do, like shoot some basketball or something). Feeling really good about myself truthfully and hoping I can keep this up. :boo:

It's been a little while since this post but I have lost about 5 and a half pounds and I am below 190 for the first time in a couple of months (should be close to a year, admittedly). It's taking time but it's progress and I'm super excited and happy with myself and cannot wait to continue! :boo:

UPDATE 2 - Electric Boogaloo: I am super excited to say that, a month later since the OP, that I have officially lost over 10 pounds as of today!! Almost below 180 (currently weighing in at 183.5, so will definitely take a few more days - for the record, started at about 194.8 at the time of the OP)!! I'm so flippin' happy and feeling so much better with myself and here's to another 10! :boo:

Also, I am willing to vouch that clementines are the best tasting food ever. They're so stinkin GOOD

Still proud of you Packy <3

I should really get to losing some weight too, seeing as I weigh 224 pounds...

just experienced an earthquake for the first time
spooky

K said:
just experienced an earthquake for the first time
spooky

earthquakes suck

Gonna be moving up some furniture and miscellaneous items up to my new house today.

I (sort of) tried alcohol for the first time today

I was celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday and he had a cake infused with rum. I was offered a piece, and I was kinda reluctant to eat it, but everyone (including surprisingly my parents) encouraged me to try it

I only ate like half of it. the frosting tasted really bitter and I felt a burning sensation in my throat. still was kind of an interesting experience though

Roger Smith said:

I was celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday and he had a cake infused with rum. I was offered a piece, and I was kinda reluctant to eat it, but everyone (including surprisingly my parents) encouraged me to try it

I only ate like half of it. the frosting tasted really bitter and I felt a burning sensation in my throat. still was kind of an interesting experience though

compilation post for things that have been happening:

got a 5 on AP Physics C mechanics and e&m, and on AP Statistics

built my own computer <333

and tried out the HTC Vive for the first time

I procrastinated for my Shroom issue again

I really need to stop doing that >_______________________>

well i passed the dmv written test

one of the easiest tests I've ever taken, but they want you to pass anyway. but i'm glad i got a permit, now i need to take behind the wheel lessons

yesterday, i had a blood test and i prefer getting shots over it, tbh. they stick a needle in you and let blood flow in the tube and that takes a while. the pain isn't as bad as it sounds and it's not any worse than getting a paper cut or a canker sore, but i don't know why we have an irrational fear of needles.

Jacques said:
Roger Smith said:

I as a Muslim would refuse to take it because it makes problems worse and it ruins people's lives. It is so damaging. Its cons outweigh its benefits.

Well only if you become like terminally drunk. If you take, say, only a single drink, the worst you'll be feeling is a bit tipsy and relaxed, that's all.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with drinking as long as you know what exactly will happen, and you understand the consequences of it. The uncontrollable alcoholism occurs only to a marginal group, the vast majority of people can control how many sips they can take.

But rum as a first alcoholic beverage? That stuff's strong. I don't even like the conventional alcohol at all, I'd prefer the hard soda variations of it, like the coolers and hard root beer, the alcohol gives the beverage a more complex flavor.

If you don't want to drink anything however, that's great too! Your choice ;) but alcohol isn't as life-destroying as some of the anti-alcohol ads make it.

Baby Luigi said:
Well only if you become like terminally drunk. If you take, say, only a single drink, the worst you'll be feeling is a bit tipsy and relaxed, that's all.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with drinking as long as you know what exactly will happen, and you understand the consequences of it. The uncontrollable alcoholism occurs only to a marginal group, the vast majority of people can control how many sips they can take.

But rum as a first alcoholic beverage? That stuff's strong. I don't even like the conventional alcohol at all, I'd prefer the hard soda variations of it, like the coolers and hard root beer, the alcohol gives the beverage a more complex flavor.

If you don't want to drink anything however, that's great too! Your choice ;) but alcohol isn't as life-destroying as some of the anti-alcohol ads make it.
well in my defense I didn't drink pure rum lol. it was just in the cake

Alcohol is so bad that it leads people to crime. It's an intoxicant and can drive people crazy. This is why Islam totally disallows it.

Back