the official "u did it" thread

Mari Ohara said:
i started testosterone blockers!!!!!!!
no estrogen yet but s t a y t u n e d
First great new for Dippy and now you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy I hope it makes you feel better :birdo:

Went up to a pond and fed some water birds. The ducks were adorable, walking over my feet and not even caring. There was one little duckling that just took whatever and ran(the way water birds run is funny). The first goose that came kept getting its stuff taken. Poor thing, not even fighting the little ducks for the food. I also discovered that (at least young) ducks make this high-pitched squeaking noise sometimes. There were also some hungry geese with their mouths hanging open waiting to be fed, chasing off anything else that tried to get the food.

I'm happy to be back at the Bolsa Chica wetlands.

Least Tern activity was much more than before, and you know why? Little Least Tern chicks! They're so adorable!

Least+Tern+Chick+3+Aug7.jpg

Not a picture I took (too far away to get a good snap of it), but I saw one of those pwecious wittle fuzzies on the service road where they usually hang out in via a big scope. There are also several juvenile species, as well, which look like this:

Least_Tern_juvenile_E_0295.jpg

Had so much fun like always.

i went grocery shopping for myself for the first time. bought a lot of good stuff and now my tiny refrigerator is full

i feel good

I feel like I've gotten to know you guys well enough to be comfortable saying this.

I'm not exactly sure what the proper terminology is for this (and frankly I don’t really care lol), but I'm bisexual; I'm physically attracted to men, but romantically attracted to women.

don't really know what else to say...
actually I do. you guys are the first group of people that I have shared this information with. no one else knows this about me - I'm too anxious to tell my rl friends, and I really don't want to see my family's reaction to this. thanks for being a supportive enough community to make me feel safe saying this.

so yeah. I'm bi. :P

Awww that's great that you're comfortable enough with us. Of course saying it on the Internet is definitely much easier than saying it in person. I speak from a lot of experience.

But don't worry, this community surprising has a lot of LGBT people so you're in good hands.

Kraid said:
Awww that's great that you're comfortable enough with us. Of course saying it on the Internet is definitely much easier than saying it in person. I speak from a lot of experience.

But don't worry, this community surprising has a lot of LGBT people so you're in good hands.
yeah it's great to know that I'm part of a diverse group of wonderful people here. thanks :thumbup:

Roger Smith said:
I feel like I've gotten to know you guys well enough to be comfortable saying this.

I'm not exactly sure what the proper terminology is for this (and frankly I don’t really care lol), but I'm bisexual; I'm physically attracted to men, but romantically attracted to women.

don't really know what else to say...
actually I do. you guys are the first group of people that I have shared this information with. no one else knows this about me - I'm too anxious to tell my rl friends, and I really don't want to see my family's reaction to this. thanks for being a supportive enough community to make me feel safe saying this.

so yeah. I'm bi. :P

You're bi? That's totally awesome!

So co-worker and I have been getting close. We'd been hanging out together for the last few weeks but had our first official date last Friday. Went really well. :) Definitely keen for more, haha. ;)

Work has been a minefield of emotions since though; like, you see them everyday for hours and you can't do anything. >: It's torturous. Also we haven't told anyone at work because we're not official, and being discrete is kinda tricky (sneaky breakfast runs, walks during break, etc).

It's been intense. I wasn't sure if I liked him at first but I'm falling, and it's been a long time since that's happened. The romance has hit me like a tonne of bricks, so exciting and scary that I hope I can keep up. I'd like to be official, just because it's been so nice so far and, well, I'm pretty sick of being the single friend when everyone else is coupled/married even.

Guess we'll see what happens.

Lauren Mayberry said:
Been really unhappy with myself and my weight lately so I took the initiative yesterday to finally kick my ass and do something about it. Starting to cut back on the amount of food I eat, and trying to cut back on unhealthy food in general. Went out and got some fruits and veggies to snack on rather and snacked on those instead of chips and stuff. Taking my walking more seriously every day and am fully committed to drinking water basically 24/7 unless I need to have something else. Going to start getting into some other physical activities before long (between exercising and/or just finding something I like to do, like shoot some basketball or something). Feeling really good about myself truthfully and hoping I can keep this up. :boo:

It's been a little while since this post but I have lost about 5 and a half pounds and I am below 190 for the first time in a couple of months (should be close to a year, admittedly). It's taking time but it's progress and I'm super excited and happy with myself and cannot wait to continue! :boo:

Jacques said:
I have passed my last exam and basically graduated from High School (the official ceremony is Friday).

Good for you. I have two more years to endure highschool.

I made an appointment to the DMV today

I hope i'll pass the written exam

Back