What game did you last play?!?!?!?

no, I'm using a bot mod: you have multiple instances of the game running and have all the players connect to you, the host. the bot mod basically makes a bot control the characters.

i'm also using a variant of the bot mod where you can race in all tracks; the public one you can't play on egg quarters properly.

btw here im playing with my sister, who's luigi (above she was playing as mario). im playing as the best character in the game

View attachment 14521
Nice mod ya got there.

Re: What game did you last play?
Paper Mario (64)
Completed all chapters 100% up to chapter 4.
Legendary games always never be forgotten.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
kart0188.png

Man, I'm almost done with this race, how long did it take me?

kart0192.png

Holy crap 54 minutes!? And that's on "hard" speed, which is the fastest speed.

Super Smash Flash 2
Finally created a Mcleodgaming Network account, which is required to play online.
It was pretty good, but some servers had pretty bad lag.
Annotation 2021-06-28 164908.png

No, this isn't a mod. This is the actual roster.

Last edited:
I have been playing Tomodachi Life and Nintendo Badge Arcade almost daily as a routine thing. However, the games I'm sitting down to play for longer amounts of time lately are Mario Golf: Super Rush, and Overwatch.

Sonic Robo-Blast 2 Kart
Two words.

Online.
Havoc.

New Super Mario Bros. 2

I've been playing the first 2 NSMB games since I was pretty young and I saw ads for this game years ago and thought it was cool. Today I finally played it, and it's OK but it's nothing really that great

It's meant to be a direct sequel to the first NSMB, which is a bit confusing since growing up I personally felt like NSMBW was already an upgraded sequel to the original, hence its deceptive name as the third NSMB game in the subseries. However, it honestly feels to me more like a 3DS port of the Wii game, I guess mostly because it's got the Koopalings and it looks and sounds closer to NSMBW than NSMBDS. Speaking of the Koopalings, I'm glad they're back albeit I'm annoyed they replaced two Koopaling fights with one having a twist and instead one Koopaling fight and one repetitive and way too easy rhino fight. I still don't see why they just didn't give this game a normal saving system, instead of this odd Quick Save thing that can lose you a lot of progress if your battery runs out suddenly. The story is still bland. Also I feel this game is really short, I played for about 90 minutes today and I'm already on World 4 (and I'm doing cannonless)

As for this whole obsession with coins, which is the main reason I thought this game was cool from the trailers, I personally don't feel it really does anything. Like, it makes the game really easy cause you get so many 1-ups from all those coins, which I don't mind very much (I tend to be quite favourable of easy games). Specific things like gold rings, gold flowers, and gold brick helmets (not my first time seeing gold brick helmets cause I played 3D World before this game) are ok, but not really changing my opinion of the game very much. I'm really glad to see the Tanooki Leaf featuring in this game, but oddly it comes at the expense of removing many of the cool powerups the previous game had: Ice Mario, Penguin Mario, Propeller Mario, Blue Shell Mario. 1 million coins seems like something big happens, but I'm only ~5% of the way there right now and I'm not sure I'll be reaching it anytime soon.

I also dumped a .3ds of my cartridge and gave it a spin in Citra, and it works pretty well there

So yeah, NSMBDS was ok, NSMBW was a good upgrade, and then this just feels like a 3DS version of NSMBW with a few differences here and there that ultimately don't make the game much better or worse than NSMBW. Idk, if this game is already feeling repetitive I've not heard NSMBU is any better and as for the Switch it is literally a port of NSMBU and not counting Mario Maker 2 (as awesome as Mario Maker 2 sounds, I don't have it yet even though I do have a Switch now) or the 35th Anniversary things the Switch still doesn't have and doesn't show any sign that it's going to get afaik an original 2D Mario game but whenever that does come, I hope they change things up a bit more

Last edited:
Super Smash Bros. Melee

I really missed this game and so I decided to buy it again (it's been four years since I last played it). Here is what I did today:

TJWlkNb.png

I managed to get 11 KOs in Cruel Melee using Jigglypuff (my old record was 7 KOs). I use Jigglypuff because her Down B move is strong enough to KO the Wire Frames in one hit.

oKy9lNN.png

I beat Event 51: The Showdown with bottom tier Zelda. No, I did not transform into Sheik, I don't even like her in this game.

Also, I must have an older version of this game because Daisy's trophy has a mutant third eye on the back of her head that shoots lasers.

I beat Event 51: The Showdown with bottom tier Zelda. No, I did not transform into Sheik, I don't even like her in this game.

Funny thing is, even someone like Ness isn't too bad to use in The Showdown since he can abuse his aerials to make short work of Giga Bowser, especially his down aerial. PK Fire too does an amazing job trapping him too. Plus he can recover HP from Mewtwo's neutral B.

i played starbound earlier today 😳😳 with my own mod,
unknown.png

(more coming in my art thread tomorrow) (edit: its at the end of this post)

i dug up my old symbian phone and played some games on it. i played the HELL out of all of these as a kid so this was nice
- played checkers. its checkers i did two rounsd against the ai and won easily. in the second round i got the ais last checker(?) to stall in the corner until i got everyone to be crowns (including the ai) and then i slowly approached it until it just gave up

- global race racing thunder. its just a racing game, im bad at it but it was fun and i like the graphics and the one (1) song also bops

- spore creatures. disappointed i couldnt get sound to work on that or the next game, but i love the graphics here too
IMG_20210702_232832.jpg
IMG_20210702_234122.jpg
unknown.png

for some reason one time when i entered a level through the map the game announced i achieved sapience (NOT sentience, sapience is more right) even though i beat the game on this save file like , YEARS ago and then it crashed after i exited some menu LMAO
IMG_20210702_235008.jpg

- shrek the third. its actually??? a surprisingly solid 2d platformer??? for a java mobile phone game no less ! i love the sprites, the controls and level design are solid too. its very easy and short (i beat it all in EXACTLY an hour) but it was a great time
IMG_20210703_000654.jpg
IMG_20210703_002459.jpg
IMG_20210703_003356.jpg
IMG_20210703_004354.jpg

i also remembered a lot of it and its secrets wow. but i also managed to find one secret i dont recall ever finding before in my years of playing it
idk why this one looks so pretty
also i realised just how much the frickin. snes dkcs reminded me of it. the sound didnt work so once i got to the castle level i just turned on the dkc2 castle music on my pc lmao
unfortunately theres also an emulated keypad that obscuers the bottom portion of the screen and thus the boss health, but it didnt hinder me too much and it was fine enough to Use. also heres the level end screen its hilarious
IMG_20210703_001017.jpg
IMG_20210703_001307.jpg

Last edited:
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

kart0210.png

Please, spriters. Make more Wario variations. I love playing with most of the enemies being Warios.

kart0206.png

Also I think I did a pretty good job with Grayscale's sprite.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

lDSZByS.png

So many Warios. So little time.

Also Mario & Luigi look amazing with their vomit color scheme
P5yYc00.png

Mario Party 10

Having grown up on and loved Mario Party 9, I wanted to try some other Mario Partys. I tried Mario Party 6 at age 16 because everyone said it was really good, but to be honest it was just okay to me (I liked that it had original characters and the different board rules were interesting but tbh the game felt a lot more confusing and less fun, and no motion controls held it back from being on the level of MP9. Also the graphics sucked.) I'd been intending to try MP10 for probably over a year and now the summer holidays with nothing really to revise for, I finally got it.

It's a great game. I immediately noticed it was extremely similar to MP9 (I'd heard this online before, which is part of why I chose this instead of MP8 or SMP, but I didn't realise it'd be quite so similar), so:

Ways in which MP10 is an upgrade from MP9:
  • The graphics are way, way, better. Even running MP9 on Dolphin in HD doesn't come close to MP10.
  • Bowser mode - I haven't tried this yet but it looks very cool.
  • You can play all of the boards single player from the start (iirc Mario Party 9 had party mode which let you play whenever, but needed 2+ players, and Solo mode which was 1 player but you had to win each board in order)
  • 2v2 minigames are a neat addition.
  • They added Rosalina and Donkey Kong as playable characters
  • I feel the board mechanics are a minor improvement from MP9. In particular the lose half your mini stars sort of things are less cruel in this game
Ways in which it's a downgrade:
  • There are fewer minigames in this game, especially free for all ones. (according to MarioWiki, it's 81 in MP9 vs 75 in MP10 for total minigames, and 44 in MP9 vs 31 in MP10 free for all)
  • The shop interface is just less cool, and they removed the starry sky which was so peaceful and nostalgic
  • They removed Koopa and Birdo
  • There are fewer boards (at least not counting Bowser mode), 5 in this game, versus 7 in MP9
  • I can't play it on my PC as I haven't figured a way to use or emulate motion controls and the pointer for Wiimotes on Cemu, whereas on Dolphin I can map motion controls to joystick inputs and the pointer to my cursor. Whilst that isn't the ideal way to play MP9 it is still an interesting way to change things up and makes the game more portable.
  • Yeah I'm not getting amiibo nice try nintendo

Overall I'm not quite sure if I'll end up liking this game more or less than its predecessor, but for sure in its own right it's a very good game

Donkey Kong Country

I've been thinking about playing through the trilogy of the Donkey Kong Country SNES games for a while, and I figured that this summer would be a good a time as any to play through them. First impressions - the game looks great for 1994, I love the visual style (although it can be a bit hard for me to tell what's a platform and what isn't compared to Super Mario games). I like the partner system with Donkey and Diddy Kong, and how each have their advantages and disadvantages (Diddy Kong can jump higher whereas Donkey Kong can jump on more enemies), as well as how they act as an extra hit point. It does feel a bit weird to control compared to a Super Mario game, especially since Donkey and Diddy's sprites are bigger making it a bit more difficult to see where to go, but I've gotten used to it. I like the amount of exploration in the game, especially with things like the animal friends, who feel rewarding to get. So far, I've beaten the first two worlds.

Metroid Prime 1

So far I like it okay, but maaaaaan these controls are awkward. Something about jumping with B doesn't feel right, pressing down on the D-Pad to fire missiles makes me have to reposition my hand, and I HATE pointing the Wiimote at the sensor bar at all times, it actually starts to hurt my hand after a while.

It has the exploration and upgrades that I love from the 2D games, and the environments are so pretty and atmospheric... I just hope I can get used to these controls.

Mario Party 10

I've now tried Bowser mode on both sides and I have to say it's alright but not overwhelming. It turns out it didn't have its own original boards, it just recycled those from the main game but only 3 of them. The best thing about Bowser mode is the Bowser minigames, they're cool how they're like 1v3 minigames but much cooler because they use the gamepad and interestingly they all revolve around trying to deduct as many possible lives in the time you've got, which intrinsically ties into the board mechanics. But yeah, outside of the minigames, it's basically just the main game, but worse because they removed a lot of stuff, and every turn bowser chucks a bunch of dice and if he catches up, a minigame happens, if he doesn't, a minigame doesn't happen.

So currently, I'm leaning towards Mario Party 9 still being my favourite Mario Party but I could change my mind later.

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)

I played some of this with my brother today, I knew about the secret exit in 1-2 because of Ceave's challenge vids on this game, and I managed to find it so we skipped to world 5, I haven't found the ghost house exit that lets you skip to late world 7 (i think) but I'm looking.

Disappointingly, and like NSMB2, this game is very very similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but imo I think this game is probably going to come out on top as far as 2D Mario besides the Maker games go. The graphics are quite nice, not amazing like Odyssey, but I'd say the graphics are better than the NSMBU theme in SMM1. I like how unlike the previous NSMB games the world map is all interconnected, so the secret exit instead of just hopping in a cannon builds a beautiful bridge all over the world, whereas in all three previous ones the maps for all of the worlds were completely separate. Haven't tried "Boost Mode" but it looks ok. These baby yoshi things are cool. The acorn suit isn't too bad a new powerup, but I prefer the propeller mushroom and the tanooki leaf by far. Also the courses having names was a minor improvement over the previous games, and I overall feel the courses in this game are better constructed than the previous NSMB games. Also Boom Boom sucks, yet again Nintendo fails to bring back the boss system in NSMBW it should've stuck with (or better yet have unique bosses in each world like NSMBDS's castles, albeit that game did have boring and easy Bowser Jr. in every tower and lacked the Koopalings entirely)

New Super Luigi U (Cemu)

I'm pretty disappointed in this one, if its counted independently I'd easily say this is my least favourite NSMB game (though I would rank it above the old 2D Marios I've played: SMB1, SMB2:TLL, SMB2USA, I've not played SMB2 or SMW), I know the game was originally a DLC for NSMBU I believe but since it did at one point release as a standalone purchase I kind of hoped it'd have more of its own identity from NSMBU. What it actually turned out to be was, the cutscenes and world map were the exact same as NSMBU with Mario being absent, then you play through each level as Luigi (I did this on my own, I'm aware if I were to play through NSMBU solo I'd need to play as Mario) who has broken floaty jumps, and each level is like a shadow of its NSMBU counterpart with 100s timer, shorter levels, and generally a lot harder. Idk I found this a bit too hard and I don't like a game that puts you under time pressure 100% of the time.

Mega Man X. Sometimes I'll just boot up a classic and play a couple levels, and Mega Man X is an easy one to jump right into.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

kart0211.png

kart0212.png

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
Did a little stuff in a server and kirb stomped millions to the ground.
I can't show screenshots because people are going to do what I said above.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
Did a little stuff in a server and kirb stomped millions to the ground.
I can't show screenshots because people are going to do what I said above.

If you want practice, I suggest playing with bots. They're not perfect and are very flawed (they don't lose speed while drifting corners, items don't punish them as much as they punish you, but they take poor racing lines and their intelligence is bare minimum when it comes to item management), but they're excellent ways to learn the track and racing lines. I play on Hard speed which can be very brutal because their strengths especially concerning cornering and not taking punishment to the extent of you can overwhelm you.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

In the space of I think less than a week that's the third Wii U sequel to a Wii game I grew up on and liked that I've played for the first time, and I'd say it's the only one of the three that I strongly believe improves its predecessor. I played with Wiimote and nunchuck, which was good because they kept that control scheme from the original Returns, but I did also give it a short try with the gamepad in off tv mode even though the tv wasn't in use, just to see how it felt, and it worked pretty well too. The graphics are obviously a big upgrade, the swimming controls are pretty good, and I like how we now have Dixie and Cranky as well as Diddy as partners. The whole penguin plot is okay. Otherwise idk why exactly but the whole game just feels more refined than Returns, possibly subtle improvements in level design/enemy placement

Reactions: zel
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart
Screenshot 2021-07-08 213511.png

Yes, that's right, a mod where physics are cool, graphics are nice, and most of all...
MARIO KART 64 OH MY GOD.

Back