What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mario Party Island Tour
Climbing up Bowser's Tower part 3!
Bubble Clone Toads didn't stand a chance at bringing baby penguins to their mama! Now Mario.. he knows all about bringing and dropping baby penguins. So Bowser brought out Bubble Clone Luigi's to stop a Mario. While Green Toad continues to be useless because there's no 2v2 minigames. Bubble Clone Luigi's got squished by closing in walls, then Mario using a glove machine packaged Bowser into a box and shipped him away. Finally Mr. Blizzard makes an appearance as boss #3! It's a snowball fight with Mario becoming a big snowball rolling down a hill to smash Blizzard into snowflakes! These boss fights are easy.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

My first ever game in the Tales series, and even though it's had a few frustrating moments, it's still pretty good. Currently grinding for the second fight against Zagi.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Beat Heavy Machinery, Cortex Power, Generator Room, Toxic Waste, and Pinstripe Potoroo.

The High Road is up next.

Grand Theft Auto V

My favorite feature of this game is how it fucks up my keyboard and I have to restart my laptop after playing it dhjdfjfgj. I mean I got an SSD so that's like what, 15-20 seconds of my time, but it's the principle of the thing

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (3DS version)

Got this cause I really loved the X360 version and this one came at a pretty affordable price (£7) and I wanted to have it on handheld. Kinda reminds me of when I was much younger and I had LEGO Batman 1 on both the DS and the Wii; I overall liked the Wii more but the DS version was different and still great to have as well (I still have the Wii version of that game and have played it recently, I don't believe I have the DS version anymore but I'm considering buying it back seeing as it's cheap.) Similarly, I feel the X360 version is still better than the 3DS version of LEGO Batman 3 (cutscenes feel more natural, Xbox 360 controller is just nicer than the 3DS controls, way better graphics, more characters including Zatanna) but I have enjoyed my time so far with the 3DS version because the levels and hub world are new (the story and cutscenes are not though) and once I got the hang of it the game works pretty well on the 3DS in its own right.

dkc1, dkc2 and dkctf
the more things change the more they stay the same or whatever
2020122118265000_c.jpg
2021041018282600_c.jpg
(the first screenshot here is a dkc3 screenshot from december)
that said, i have done some decent progress on 100% both dkc1 and dkctf. also played some dkc2 for the heck of it!!!
dkc1 continues to utterly baffle me with its absurd secrets and also be frustrated with the fact that the game sometimes just throws stuff at you and you barely have any time to react
and as for tropical freeze, i also snapped and look up mario wiki on where the last puzzle piece could be hiding in busted bayou and... it ended up really neat, but its also like. How are you supposed to find that out
also beat 3 levels on hard mode today!!! i consider it good progress especially for world 5! i was FEARIng panicky paddles but it.... reallly wasnt as bad as i expected. only took 23 minutes or so. ive spent wayyy more time on other levels on hard mode LMAO also beat jammin jams and jelly jamboree which are cool and epic levels

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I've owned this game, in fact it might even be approaching 2 years since my first, and up until recently, only attempt at TTYD's pit of 100 trials. Well today i did it

we did it.PNG

My first attempt was on a real gamecube, no hacks no cheats, just vanilla game, back then i was pretty much on a time limit of 2 hours whenever i wanted to play video games and that afternoon i'd already been going for 2 hours 15 min, and i only got as far as floor 80 and most of my partners and items were down, so i gave up and took the bail pipe and saved that and never tried again for ages.

Recently, I managed to use GCMM to extract that very same save file (which by the way is also the same file i used for my first playthrough of TTYD) and load it on Dolphin. I had the idea I'd try again now, as not only am I on less strict time limits these days but also save states mean I don't have to do it all at once. So I did that and over the course of yesterday and today I worked my way through and beat it. I guess you could argue that my playthrough wasn't 100% legit, for the following reasons:

• Played on Dolphin
  • Used a save state to effectively save halfway through
  • Deliberately abused lag to rig a couple of bingo's (they were shine bingos i really needed, i couldn't resist)
  • Most objectionably of all, I made a save state after beating floor 99 and used it once.
Won't list my stats, upgrades, and badges in full detail but going into the pit I had about 50HP, 50FP and 30BP and a fairly good badge selection (I think the real ones that saved me in this run were Quick Change, Mega Rush P, Peekaboo, Charge P, Defend Plus, Flower Saver P, Power Smash). I didn't have the strange sack going in despite having reached level 80 previously (the sack is on level 50, I think I missed it last time because I took a mover, I did use some movers in this run but I think I now have all the items from the pit). I had 3 ultra shrooms, 3 Jammin' Jellies and a few other things like super shrooms, as you can tell I was much more intent on things that would preserve my party in the long term due to no save blocks or inns down there rather than just short term benefits like a boo's sheet. In the end I used none of the jellies and only one of the ultra shrooms.

First 20 floors or so were really easy
After that it built up gradually, by about floor 60-70 it was pretty tough. I think I was around halfway through or so when I realised that many of the fights could be greatly simplified by using Gale Force first thing, especially as I have Flower Saver P which makes that cheaper and Quick Change meaning I can switch Flurrie out immediately if I want.
80-90 I lost both my life shrooms on partners and bobbery and koops both died but I later revived them thanks to dried shrooms and hearts dropped on the ground.
90-99 thankfully many of these involved whatever those giant bombs (and i could usually quickly dispatch of the rest with Gale Force) are called that basically give you loads of free moves where you can appeal and use Sweet Treat and/or Sweet Feast to heal your party, then all you have to do is use Veil to avoid getting blown up, thankfully I managed to correctly do the Veil every time. However 95 and 99 involved those Wizzerd things that have loads of defense and really advanced attacks so that sucked. Thankfully I didn't see many chain chomps in the pit since I hate those with all their really high defense.
Made a save state at floor 99, originally with the intention that I was nearly certainly going to beat the boss and I'd be able to use this save state to replay the boss whenever I wanted.

The Bonetail fight was going pretty well at first, but then Bonetail started healing a lot, and then I died due to really bad luck (was on about 45 HP then I got a poison shroom bingo (the only time i got one of those this whole run) taking me to about 22HP then bonetail did his sleep breath so i couldn't do anything and then he did two more breaths (this is especially unlucky as I'd put mario in the back so if he'd done stomps or bites i might have been safe) 3 * 8 = 24 I lose, well i guess i'd have survived if i'd superguarded the first breath but i'm far from being consistent at superguarding). I decide that even though it's kind of cheating to load the save state I really didn't feel like spending another two days on this and if I want I can always go back and do a legit run. This time I steamroll by just charging yoshi loads of times then doing a stampede (thanks quick change). Overall I'm not really sure if Bonetail is harder or easier than the Shadow Queen since the first time I lost midway through mostly due to really bad luck and the second time I sorta used a highly broken strategy

Anyway that was cool

Last edited:
Reactions: zel
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Today is the last day of the Easter holidays for me and I still remember on the last day of the Easter holidays when I was 12, something pretty sad happened to me I can't say what that was but I played SMG2 to cheer up, world 2 most notably cosmic cove. Well I repeated that today for about 1h45m except on Dolphin, which was pretty good. Controlling Fluzzard without a wiimote is not ideal, but it worked.

oh hey so i 101% dkc1 today
2021041421004200_c.jpg

it ended with me getting a lone enguarde token on platform perils (which wasnt even remotely as bad as i was expecting LMAO it was actually Kinda Neat)
normally id post about that on the "what game did you beat" thread but ive been doing this on and off since, like, january, so nothing is really fresh enough in my mind to write up a proper lil review or whatever. all i can say is that dkc1 is just so terrible at secrets and i have no clue how youre supposed to find so many of them, and the level design isnt all that spectacular
i CAN however appreciate the fact that it just led to the existence of such a great series with such great games!
idk how to segway into this but i also wanted to mention loopy lights actually has like. a really frickin good atmosphere. some levels in this game look particularly nice
2021041420460500_c.jpg
2021041420471600_c.jpg

im going to play tropical freeze now. will update the post with that later

edit: first level after turning on tropical freeze was platform problems huh. ended up spending 6 minutes on it (on hard mode) O_O besides that also beat frosty fruits which is good. next up on hard mode is fighting bashmaster which i didnt feel like doing so i just hecked around in earlier levels
beat the time trial on grassland groove and this level is just incredible
unknown.png

idk what else did i do besides just replaying other levels i already beat and beating high tide ride first try (on hard mode(again(im a gamer)))

Last edited:
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

Koops try not to play and 100% HoD again when he's bored challenge
(instant fail)

hard mode updates. beat bashmaster within 14 minutes, so now juicy jungle is done with, and i also finished the first three levels on donkey kong island without dying too much??? im pretty sure i beat seashore war First Try. on Hard Mode. idk how im breezing though this im hoping it gets tougher as i get through the world
did some time attacks after. im pretty sure skowl (world 2 boss) time attack took me longer than bashmaster (world 5 boss) hard mode today but... heres what! i got gold here once i managed to do the first phase real quickly! this was super fun for real
heres a pic with donkey kong jr imprisoned in a wiiu gamepad
2021041719294500_c.jpg

The Sims 4

Time for me to drag this douche out of his bed and pay back for all the times he beat us up and trying to ruin our Winterfest and-
TS4_x64 2021-04-19 23-30-07.png

....oh

TS4_x64 2021-04-19 23-32-53.png

time to celebrate again!

Mario Kart Tour.

Minecraft: Java Edition

Managed to get this game to work with a controller mod, which was awesome. I'd tried tools completely outside of minecraft to get controllers to play, but that didn't work so well especially for the menus. This on the other hand works great (though I'd still say not quite as good as bedrock having inbuilt controller support.) This possibly changes up how I rank the three versions of minecraft i own (java, windows 10 bedrock and xbox 360) as beforehand the lack of controllers was the single biggest downside to java imo. Problem is though, the mods are specific to each version, so it might not be fully viable in the long term especially if I'm wanting to try out each update as soon as it releases.

The Sims 3
Screenshot-56.jpg

The Sims 4
05-03-21_7-45-44 PM.png

Man why does fighting guys repeatedly never get old

The Sims 3

Screenshot-190.jpg

Screenshot-198.jpg

Wario and Waluigi accuse each other of being divas practically all night.

Mario Party: Star Rush

Now that I can take screenshots of 3DS games, I decided to play every minigame where it's possible to get a four-way tie and took a screenshot of the results:

Piece of Cake
1UyJjMb.png

Everyone cut the cake in the correct place for all three rounds.

Fruit Parade
rMTh18i.png

This one took MANY tries, the CPUs aren't very good at this minigame even on Master difficulty.

Acornucopia
sGEJGq1.png

We all reached the goal with five acorns.

Conkdor de Force
PzKRC1C.png

Each character got pecked once and ended with two lives.

Roller Revenge
t8JHDGo.png

The gang survived with one life each. Had to lower the CPU difficulty to Hard for this minigame, they are too aggressive on the higher difficulties.

Rolls for Moles
aoHJcjK.png

Everyone had six points at the end.

Goomba Guess
LIV7cmu.png
2YZSxOY.png

Everyone found the same number of Goombas (three).

Now make every character win and not Daisy or Waluigi

The Sims 4

1622525898584.png

This is a Life Sim, yes.

What, YOU don't get short bald ugly guys walking to you as you're standing outside, smiling, in the night time, and beating you up for no reason?

played three games today now that exams r over
- spore. i just made some neat creatures and a building that i wasnt particularly satisfied with. pretty happy w the creatures though! also encoutered some bugs as usual. certified spore moments. i plan to do more playtrhoughs soon though
unknown.png
unknown.png

- tropical freeze. completed meltdown mayhem on hard mode! also tried the final boss for a bit, decided to put it off for later and played through jammin jams instead because im in love with its music but i actually didnt remember the level all that well. i got more appreciation for the level! i noticed the platforms and everything moving is actually perfectly in sync with the beats of the music, which was really cool! also played through bopopolis of course and listened to funky voice clips. jammin jams my beloved
somheow dixie is strong enough to do this in the final boss cutscene
2021060221343700_c.jpg

- mario sunshine. wrote down dialogue from an episode each of pinna park and gelato beach, and two episodes from bianco hills + some dialogue i missed in there, and thus im pretty much done with writing down bianco hills dialogue! with some lines i missed but im not going to deal with them now
2021060223045800_c.jpg

Back