What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution

I felt like I had dropped off playing games but I think it was just lack of extended free time plus no games that I felt like playing, I pretty much forgot this existed and then bought it and have actually been playing it. Crazy. I guess I was only playing games that I wasn't honestly interested in playing recently, like pokemon and dragon quest and smash. I'll just play through the entire campaign and then figure out if I want to make decks for any reason. I'd need to filter in link monsters for my decks that I have plans for, and maybe fix the Crystal Beast deck since it got new support over time.

Super Kirby Clash

Played through the first few battles. It's as fun as the original, which I could never finish because my 3DS broke while I was preparing for the final boss. I'll fix that later hopefully, but I'm looking forward to playing more of this. And finding out who the new villain is.

Other notes: Bandana Dee forgets me yet again and Colossal Waddle Dee now has a spear (but is just as pathetic as before).

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

They gave me Banjo.

I played Sans. The in-joke that involves both of us is too important for me to not do that instead of actually doing what any sane person would.

Still tried Banjo afterward.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I played some Banjo, he's pretty fun. Online still sucks but I got some better quality matches at night time. I went back to playing Dr. Mario during the laggy matches and felt better but I played Banjo tonight and just tried to tell myself to stick to a few attacks or not use some attacks too much like the charge. I want to keep his supercharge for when it will kill or when I end up against this Wii Fit Trainer that 100% just ran away and camped, which I just beat out by going through his sun ball with the charge. I tried to use down tilt often, I always ignore my tilts. I feel like I can't play Mii Gunner without feeling like a bitch so I'll let all the Sans Undertale players be the bitches and I'll be the victim.

Fate/Grand Order

I am become Nero Fest. I am surrounded by petals.
No box left unopened. No apple left uneaten.

Kirby's Dream Course

Was initially afraid that this would be just another poorly-aged retro golf game with outdated physics, but I'm happy to say that it's not only aged very well, but it's also very fun. Definitely among my favorite Kirby spinoffs so far, and I'm looking forward to playing more!

Paper Mario: Color Splash

Chances are I won't be getting a new 3DS anytime soon, so I'm taking my Paper Mario marathon straight to Color Splash. I really enjoyed it when I first played it a couple years ago, and it's just as fun as I remember it. Up to the Crimson Tower so far, with all 3 Key Toads.

Astral Chain

Really fun so far, the tutorial segment fight felt pretty barebones but I guess that's so they don't flood you with too much information at once, or if you want to weeb out you can say it's because you don't have proper control of your legion. I really like how the dark matter is spread out in the area to teach you how to quickly bring out your legion and control it while moving yourself in a safe area. I thought I did pretty decently in the boss fight but I got a Rank D lmao. I did realise I could have been shooting it at long range and I did get my ass kicked whenever I got knocked down but I love that it let you take advantage of the chain clothesline thing, that's probably my favourite small thing that you can do because it just makes sense that you should be able to use the chain itself during fights. I still don't have the hang of circling things to bind them but I'll get it eventually. I really like the visuals and music even if it can be a bit hard to see in some parts because of the abundance of one colour.

I'm not really worried about ranks since it appears there's also just a bunch of areas you can't access until later in the game so I'll have to revisit it then anyway,

Been trying out the new patch for red dead online... I have a lot of thoughts on it but it's almost 1:30am. Basically the collector maps are clunky as hell when it comes to UX—they're in consistent with typical treasure maps in that you can only look at them ONCE, and when you switch to a different map, you have to repurchase the one you put away.

I really feel for the QA team on this one, wonder how much time they were given to test the whole thing overall. The patch was 11GB .-. I want to collect stuff without having to track down Madam Nazar to repurchase maps!!! Especially bc this all started when I could not find one of the American wildflowers on this particular map even after searching for over an hour, so I figured switching to another map would refresh the spawners. Then I lost the map ;_;

Astral Chain

It's pretty good still, I guess I'm still in the tutorial so it's a little boring during that but I've got a bunch of new stuff to use that I didn't have before so I feel like this is where the game starts to get better. Just need to get through the menu shit.

edit: okay well I was pretty much at the end of the tutorial stuff already. File 03 was pretty sick, the battles are really fun even if I keep fucking things up and there is a lot of them. I even got an S+ rank on a battle where I basically fell off the stage 10 times and failed almost every Sword Legion gimmick. I have no idea how. I didn't think I'd like the Gladius weapon but its hits are chonky and satisfying and the fewer blue particle effects on hit makes it easier to see attacks coming to dodge them. I should really use Perfect Call for big damage.

Last edited:
Super Mario Bros. 2

I mean the Japanese one, by the way. I never really liked the American one.

Anyway, I've beaten the first three worlds so far. Everyone says this game is brutally hard, but so far I've been getting by with nothing but sheer persistence. I could only ever beat Mario 1 by using the continue code, and that's not changing here (although this time, there's an actual continue button). Just like Mario 1, I'm attempting to beat this as Mario with no warping, but with as many continues as necessary. I'll probably try a Luigi run later, but from what I've heard Mario's easier so I'm sticking with him. And I don't think I'll ever manage to unlock any worlds beyond 9 in the next billion trillion years, unless they release an SP version of this game with A-D already unlocked.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I own this game four times with the first being the original SNES cart I got when I was like, seven. I have never beaten it once. SNES games being on Switch gave me a good reason to finally play through this classic after ~18 years given that the Switch is the most convenient way for me to play games nowadays. Currently in the Dark World, still have three more dungeons to go before the last one

Perfect Dark Zero

Tried to obtain as many new weapons as I could so I can begin any mission I like using any of them, only have 2 more to collect.

Mario Kart 7

Finished all 50 cc cups with a 3 star ranking and got lots of more vehicle parts, but still no Barrel Train or Wood tires

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

So I just reached the Graham boss fight.

And holy shit is his final form disturbing. But I like disturbing things in games, unless they're cheap.

Haven't beat it yet though. I think I suck at this game.

Super Mario 3D World

At long last, I have finally unlocked World Crown. I have completed both Captain Toad's Fiery Finale and Mystery House Marathon (yikes, those were hard), and all that's left is to take on Champion's Road (wow, this makes the other two look easy). Of course I can now see which characters have completed which courses, so if I get too frustrated with Champion's Road, I can always just go ahead and start my Luigi run.

Oh yeah and four sparkly stars on my save file looks pretty

Astral Chain

Sometimes I feel like I do poorly and get an S rank and then do amazing and get a C rank. I truly don't understand the grading system well enough, aside from land lots of the timing prompt at the end of comboes and do lots of chain binds. Maybe I should've fought the fire boss while wearing the armour legion instead of going long range while he was on fire. I guess I also never used an attack skill so that's a few points down too.

The game is a lot of fun when you have the time to sit down and burn through it, best played in long sessions I feel like. When the action starts there's like 3 or 4 different boss fights so you never know when it's going to be over. Although I'm noticing the trend of reclaiming a legion per chapter, but I'm not sure what the pattern will be once that is over because that won't last very long.

When you're playing well (or think you are) it feels really good. I might consider going back through on the ultimate difficulties that unlock afterwards and try for S+ rank on every mission but I don't think I'm good enough for that yet. Still a lot of game to go.

Astral Chain

I really like that game. I finished it, and the ending was sad, my gosh. I do not know, but looks like the game is too short for me, I would have taken even more, but I guess that it is something positive.

Death Squared (Switch)

Doing the post-game levels now, and I noticed that one of them is a reference to 25m (Donkey Kong) and it's even got a Mario reference too!

Thank you for reading.

Back