What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Garry's Mod

912063571931E9508F05989E94F5C80596BD3D67

Making that Grayscale model in the background was a really long process, glad I got her done. I'm out for the rest of the night.

Shotgun Farmers (Xbox One)

Yoshi's New Island

Almost 100% World 1, just need to grab everything in that bean's castle.

As for the game itself? It's pretty decent. I like being able to give Kamek that much-deserved ass-whooping in the fortresses finally, probably one of the most satisfying thing to do in the game. Some of the soundtrack isn't even all that bad, though there are pretty bad tracks, pretty much any of those which use the squeaky kazoo. I think this game is even just a tad bit overhated. Maybe I said this because I haven't played through Super Mario World 2 and YIDS in a while, so it's not that stale of an experience? Pretty much the existence of the first one is why New Island is mediocre, but anyone who hasn't played the first one would be pretty happy playing New Island instead if they can't access it.

People love riffing on the Yoshi Clan and title screen music and talk about how bad it can get (and it does get bad when it gets bad), but this piece isn't actually half-bad. I think the game overall has a better soundtrack than DS, but when it has musical stinkers, boy does it have them.

dkc3 for the first time! usual savestate stuff as the other dkcs. its been a pretty nice first impression so far, though the sfx feels way wayyy less impactful compared to dkc2 (squawks flapping in particular was hit with this the hardest) but we do got some pretty great music so far! but then i got to arich and hte level before that and now im just upset. this frickin guy is just making me reconsider how bad king zing really was compared to that
like ok. i coudnt even figure out how to hurt him once because the game made no indication of that. i looked it up on mario wiki and it STILL took a while to figure out after that you can just hold a barrel with dixie while he falls down on you and itll work (but too bad if youre usin kiddy i guess........)
and even after figuring THAT out the fight is still unreasonably hard and guess what i didnt even beat it i put it off until tomorrow! though my switch also went low on charge so theres that. but yeah arich is terrible and has no rights and like. unlike king zing he comes at the end of Literally The Second World!!!! This is terrible and it doesnt help i had to deal with a level before that that also stunk ^)#(%)^9%)$ SCREW you arich
on the other hand the more expanded partner mechanics and animal buddy mechanics are pretty neat and the map is pretty interetsing with those apparent pepperoni secrets
... im not sure what to think of it this 2 worlds in. cant call it much of an improvement over dkc2 tbh

update to not double post: stopped at barbos. sometimes you get just bangers of a level like low g labyrinth, krevice kreepers and krack shot kroc, and then sometimes the game decides to throw crap like buzzer barrage and kongfused cliffs at you and its just an absolute pain! buzzer barrage dragged on WAYYYYYYY too long
me on discord said:
ok i hate kopters now
im gonna weep why does the level suddenly start requiring insane precision for trying to carry barrels WHILE not breaking it on anyhing or smacking into any kopters on the way
[...]
ok never mind i found a dk barrel sometime after that
please god no more kopters
please just end the level
[...]
ok thel evel im playing is buzzer barrage so SCREW buzzer barrage
im so tired theres like no end to this gdo dam level
[...]
im gonna weep why is it not endinggggg
oh thank god now it is
GOD DANiT I DIED TO AK OPTER I HATE THIS LEVEL
and see it also decides to just throw a kopter at you at the very end with no warning so you die, and kongfused cliffs just sucks and it had even more kopters to deal with :/ and barbos, while it actually has pretty varied attacks, is also so tiringggggg you only get one chance at a hit the entire fight and the third phase stops being varied and just spams spikes at you. no fun! yeahhh i can tell the sharp drop in quality halfway in
however. krevice kreepers was surprisingly just really fun for like no reason, and krack shot kroc was a great test for doing stuff fast as squitter and reacting quickly, doin everything on the fly!

Last edited:
Paper Mario the Origami King

I wanted to get this game for quite some time, so I'm pretty happy to be playing it

This game is quite fun actually. The battle system feels OK, but I know it gets better. My one problem is the tutorial. It just drags on, and it felt unnecessary. I would've preferred if it was optional, but it doesn't ruin the game at all. To think it only gets better from here....

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Version

It sure is a lot easier to get the pokemon you want when they just appear in the radar. I traded over synchronise ralts because i dont want to breed all those again. I got the nature I wanted on Treecko on the first reset too so that was nice.

Mobbs [Treecko] Lv15
Humectant [Ralts] Lv12
Ludva [Taillow] Lv14
Nunawading [Nincada] Lv11

Paper Mario the Origami King

so uh it would've been better if I didn't watch the nintendo treehouse play this game, like, i bought the rock thingy from the monty mole at 1000 coins, and i wuoldnt know i could do that if i didn't watch it. Buuuuuut like I predicted, the game is definitely getting better now. Battles are getting kinda spicy already, and I played through thefirst boss battles. And MAN the bosses are more fun than I thought they'd be. I definitely found colored pencils to be more fun than the earth vellumental.

I also gotta appreciate the overworld. The earth vellumemtal temple really felt like a zelda dungeon, overlook mountain is fun to explore, and i like the paper macho battles, thought I wish there were more. I LOVED the battle with the shy guys playing soccer, and I'm sad that this is the only paper macho battle so far other than goombas. I know there's more later on, but still.

finally, I dont care what people say, finding the toads is a blast. Its much better than star pieces in the old paper marios and the koroks in botw.

welp, next time we startin autumn mountain

Paper Mario: The Origami King

So I really liked the blue streamer. Bobby was being the best character in the game, Rubber Bands fight was hella fun, and the music slaps right in the nuts. Shogun Studios was a really fun local to explore

ok now with all that out of the way let's get into what y'all are waiting for

BOBBY NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO!? WHY IS THIS ONE OF THE VERY FEW TIMES I CRIED WHILE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME!? WHY HIM OF ALL CHARACTERS!?!

got 3das and started with mario 64! so far i got every moon star in bob ombs battlefield, whomps fortress, and one each in the secret slide and secret aquarium.
i can tell the clunkiness in places but its less clunkier than i expected from videos LMAO but still it Is clunky. in particular the slopes, the whole ol arc when turning around, and the camera. and the wing cap . oh and also diving while running instead of just punching in place
i did really like how i could get the 100 coin star in whomps fortress from the very first star too

Last edited:

I beat the yellow streamer, and while it wasn't as good as the blue streamer, I liked it. I'll start with my problems: Professor Toad, while good, is not as good as Bobby (Im still really sad btw....), the boos can suck it, and the fire vellumental fight was annoying. Other than that, Hole punch was a fun boss, Snif City is amazing, and there were other cool parts, like the paper macho pokey fight being fun, and assembling the faceless toads with music was hysterical.

I really need to get money tho, because I only have like, 1000 coins. Its funny how that would be a LOT of money in any other Paper Mario game, but here if you have this much money, you're just poor.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Still only on World 1 since more Switch restrictions. I enjoyed the Cranky Kong jumping level, not so much so far the mine cart level as the puzzle piece requires literally that much precision when you jump.

trying to play super mario 64 made me wanna play something else instead as usual so i finally got around to replaying dkc1 for the first time since september, aiming to get all minigames
after so much of dkc2 and dkc3 this game feels REALLY simplistic in just about every way! though i did like how you dont like... stop in midair a little when throwing a barrel? which the next two do for some reason
im also just replaying every level anyway except for bosses. so far i just got to vine valley
me on discord said:
the enguarde bonus level also has blood water. just like the barbos fight in dkc3. some things never change
2021010321295900_c.jpg

(not part of the discord quote but heres also the dkc3 fight for reference: )
2020122118265000_c.jpg

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Good racing game, I like it. Weird how I played this last out of all the Sumo Digital Racing games (first with Transformed, then with Team Sonic Racing, now this), but I still enjoy it. Obviously not as good as Transformed, though, but that's fair.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Beat case 3, Turnabout Academy. Honesty is one of my favorite cases with the best breakdown of the series.

honestly, this chapter was a letdown.

one problem is that it kinda suffers from the problem of replayability: after you beat it for the first time, it becomes way too easy in later playthroughs. Dont get me wrong, it was fun, but i memorized where diamond island is, i can beat this chapter in like, an hour now.

thats not the only problem tho: sea tower was disappointing. Its way too small and just suddenly ends. Tapes battle was quite fun, but felt way easier than most bosses. The ice vellumental was the exact opposite, and not in a good way (thankfully i watched my brother play it so it wasnt as hard as it could've been).

on the bright side, exploring the great sea was fun, and i liked the trials (except the trial of courage. that one can suck my goombas)

on the other hand, i started playing the green streamer, and nice, we already know who our boss is....

Back