What game did you last play?!?!?!?

splet 2 octo boogaloo

Real talk, I feel like Splatoon is a very underrated single player experience. Hell, I'd pay for another campaign.

Sonic Generations (PC)

Beaten Seaside Hill (Sonic Heroes) with both Sonics, getting all Red Rings. Also beaten more Challenges so that I can unlock the next Boss level. Moreover, I have also beaten Shadow in a Rival Battle, which took me a while to figure out.

This game is longer than I thought, no doubt due to how some of the Red Rings are in inconvenient locations. In fact, Red Rings are the main reason I got several Game Overs, since this game will deduct a life if you choose to Start Over a stage (it won't deduct if you exit and re-enter, but that's inconvenient).

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Odyssey
Collected all remaining Power Moons and Regional Coins in Bowser's Castle, and also started on Honeylune Ridge. I already have all Regional Coins there. I now have all souvenirs, captures, and music in the whole game. I have 864/880 Power Moons, so I'm really close to getting them all!

Super Mario Run
Played my daily Remix 10 and Toad Rally. Also played a Friendly Run against my sister.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Completed the first half of World 4.

Mario Tennis Open
Played a few Open and Streetpass Matches. Those online modes are practically dead by now.

I also tried some things with my Super Mario 3D World disc (like the toothpaste thing), but to no avail. I'm thinking about using metal polish on the disc, but if that doesn't work I'll probably get the digital version. Super Mario 3D Land is being shipped to my house, so I'll have that soon.

Sonic Generations (PC)

I have beaten the Perfect Chaos, Crisis City and Rooftop Run levels, and I collected all the Red Rings in my first run for Rooftop Run, which is amazing since I didn't manage to do so on the other levels.

Adventures of Pip (Wii U)

Finished up to World 2. In this game, your character has three forms: one is a pixel form, the second is a blocky form and the third is a higher-res form. Each of the forms have their advantages so it's not like Mario where the small form is clearly the least advantageous. Downgrading is done with a button press and makes an explosion happen, while upgrading requires defeating cyan enemies to do so.

Thank you for reading.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

Mercedes has grown on me, though she's the only character I've died as so far. You probably can juggle with her but it's not really as good as just keeping out of distance from melee attacks so you can reload sorta safely. The reload sound is cute. I guess Oswald will be next with Velvet last but I've been wrong literally every time before so probably not.

Fate/Grand Order

after using Waver for a while, I understand why he's pretty much a guaranteed spot on any team. Proper support can make any character twice as good so it's even better for the servants that are already amazing without it. I want to play more but I need to keep my apples for later. The new team setup is making battles a lot more fun.

Super Mario Odyssey
It's almost time for the big moment! I now have 879/880 Power Moons! Just one more! It's a Hint Art in a certain postgame kingdom (avoiding spoilers). Can't wait to find it!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Progressed a lot in Episode 2. Still trying to get to those 3D World levels...

Super Mario 3D World
Okay, after trying alcohol, toothpaste, Cabinet Magic, and resurfacing on this disc, I can firmly say that my game disc is toast. I'm going digital with this game ASAP. Until then, though, I'll have 3D Land and Captain Toad to keep me occupied.

Mario Kart Wii

Had to adapt to the controls after too much MK8D. Still a fun and great game, controls just feel a little weird now that I don't use tilt controls anymore, but man it controls way better like that.

Sonic Advance

There is just something endlessly cathartic about being able to play my Game Boy Advance games on the big screen thanks to the RetroN 5.

Fate/Grand Order

The Tristan fight was harder than Gawain, though I just don't have a Saber to counter him so I had to stick with Raikou despite her losing the usual damage multiplier Berserker's have against this guy. It felt like a long boss but it was only 12 turns, I just had to think more about what I was doing each turn and I used a lot of Mash/Waver NP's to survive.

Anniversary week started, people are mega mad, I'm happy that I got a couple of servants to max level. Raikou hit 85, Medusa/Cu/David hit their cap, I'll spend the rest of my exp on maxing Raikou and maybe Carmilla then maybe I'll dump some into Lancelot and replace Chevy on my support list. Nitocris and Sanzang can't go any higher because I don't have Caster mats.
B3EF0cR.png

Super Mario Odyssey
Got the final Power Moon in the game, and fought Bowser in the second painting. That 100% ending photo must be a callback to Sunshine. Despite this, I still haven't attained 100% completion; excluding add-on content, I still need to buy 119 duplicate moons.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
I finally beat Episode 3, and unlocked the Bonus Episode! I also completed all four 3D World levels. I also now have all 192 Super Gems!

Spore: Galactic Adventures

Good to be back playing this.

Fire Emblem Fates, I started a online match and won in a landslide victory, it paired me up with a weak opponent.

FOTONICA (PC)

I finished playing this game based on what I considered as "finished", so you can expect some words from me in the thread about finished games.

Mario Tennis Aces

I did a Flower Cup in the CPU Tournament, and it felt like a challenge in the Finals, where Peach managed to give me some difficult. Luckily Waluigi managed to pull through and win the Flower Cup! After that, I played a game of Standard Class Tournament where I am at the Quarter Finals, facing a Chain Chomp. That match was intense that I was at the Tiebreaker, and I managed to pull through, which was close since the other player only had 1 HP and 1 Racket left, but they were defeated after an anticlimatic Body Shot. And then I played a level in Adventure with Koopa Troopa, which has the ship level and a tricky mast that will cause shots to rebound from it.

VOEZ (Switch)

One of my gripes with the game is how I need to get a B or better rank in Special (the most difficult mode) to unlock more levels, but I think it's not a big deal if I focused on the less difficult music. Sometimes I wish the other music games on Switch had demos earlier like Deemo (which had a demo way after I bought this) and Musynx, because I would love to compare my experience with each. Anyway since I got this game I will stick with it for the time being.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Did a battle with my brother. I was winning until Shine Thief, then he trashed me when he was the police in Renegade Roundup. (His team and my team, that is.)

Super Mario 3D Land
YES! It finally came! I ordered this game on Thursday, and it was estimated to arrive tomorrow; turns out I got it a day early! I am having a blast with this game. I've now collected all the Star Medals and Golden Flags in World 1.

But the question keeps coming back: should I classify this among the 2D or 3D Mario games? It plays like the classic 2D games, but takes place in 3D space. Because it is very different from the other 3D games, and because it is definitely not 2D space, I like to put this and 3D World in a category all their own. Simply put, this is all the goodness of New Super Mario Bros. in 3D space.

Super Mario Odyssey
Played lots of Balloon World in the Metro Kingdom, and got rich. I bought the Rango Outfit and 30 duplicate moons.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Completed Episode 1 100%, and started 100% work on Episode 2.

Super Mario Run
Remix 10, Toad Rally, Friendly Run, the usual. Also replayed some World 1 levels in World Tour just for fun.

If you consider 3D World a 3d game, then Super Mario 3D Land is.

Anyway...

Super Mario Galaxy

I can go on and beat Bowser, but who cares? I still got all the nice levels in the Garden dome to play! My star counter is now something like 78. I think.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

51 stars in, saved after getting the secret star in Supermassive Galaxy.

Splatoon 2

Went to play around with the new weapons, and I find that they can be tough to use. Tenta Sorella Brella is slow and heavy so I have a lot of trouble in combat, but at least it's really powerful. Bamboozler 14 Mk II is also tough to use due to being a charger, which is a weapon I do the least well with. Ballpoint Splatling is versatile and quite useful, with the ability to shoot long range when needed or short range when needed. Finally, the Explosher is really cool for the explosion effect, but it's a bit tough since it's also a slow weapon but unlike other slow weapons, it cannot 1HKO (Hydra Splatling 3HKO at full charge but fires rapidly).

Anyway, my trusty old Slosher (used Hero Slosher Replica) has been my reliable weapon ever since I first got this game.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario 3D Land
This is a really fun game. I love the way it uses 3D, to the point of making it necessary in certain areas. This is easily one of my favorite 3DS games. Fair warning, though: you might not want to play this on a 2DS. Anyway, I've almost completed World 2. I'm on the airship.

Super Mario Odyssey
Bought the last few duplicate moons I needed to reach 999. Even though the 100% mark is at 880, it's nice that they have a little surprise for 999. If I hadn't completed this game 100% at 880, I've certainly done it now.

Super Mario Run
Did the usual: Remix 10, Toad Rally, Friendly Run. I also replayed some levels in World Tour; it's nice replaying levels every once in a while.

Spore: Galactic Adventures

So much fun creating designated Spore-unique captains out of Mario characters! Spent way past my bed time having fun with it.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

67 stars in, last saved after getting the Grand Star in Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet. I'm really digging the variety of Prankster Comets, Cosmic Clones especially since they make you think in advance of what the best course of action would be.

Super Mario Bros. 3

Bought a used NES copy of Super Mario Bros. 3 yesterday, tested out the cartridge to see if it's still in good condition and everything checks out.

Adventures of Pip (Wii U)

Finished World 3. I wonder if there's a World 6 since I suspect that the game has some unrevealed plot, given that there are 5 separate areas in the world.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario 3D Land
Completed worlds 2, 3, and 4. I also started on World 5. I'm getting all Star Medals and Golden Flags as I go along; right now I have 75, including ones from the Mystery Box.

Nintendo Land
Played some Animal Crossing and Zelda with my brother. Man, it's been so long since I last played this game. The memories are coming back!

Back