What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Propeller Knight said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
I also started a new tournament: M&L: BIS vs DT!
0/10, no Partners in Time.
I would have included it (as well as SSS and PJ), but I can only make two teams. Since BIS and DT are the most similar in concept, and since BIS DX is on its way, I decided to compare them. I'll probably make an "M&L: SSS vs PiT" tournament sometime. I'd have to deal with the strict character limits though.

Everyone said:
So you play MK8 with tilt controls?
No, I use the Wiimote + Nunchuck on Wii U, and the Joy-Con Grip on Switch. I do sometimes use tilt controls, but not often. I tend to use TV Mode whenever possible.

Mario Tennis Aces

On Adventure Mode, I only played up to the Piranha Plant challenge, and that one was surprisingly tough (not that tough, but it's quite tough). The Toad challenge isn't as tedious as I thought, since there are bonus points when consecutive balls are hit. On the online side of things, I am having some trouble with Tournament mode, where my opponents are generally tough, but I think I managed well with what I did, since I have not played Mario Tennis a lot compared to some of the veterans.

Thank you for reading.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III

I'm just skipping cutscenes and stuff because I can't read shit and I already know whats happening. Battles are still fun but I mostly just enjoy the bosses. It's interesting how much I remember from Cold Steel I+II that I can use to find myself through menus and equip things based off little descriptions like the AoE or stat increases or what kind of effects moves have. I will miss the Yui/8man voices if/when this gets an english release. Altina still cute.

I started playing an old save file and freaked out that I'd erased the one with the most progress. I say this every time but the swapping of X and O is real jarring.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Another relatively slow day, finally received my 100% approval rating and made my first act as mayor of Oiram to build a cobblestone bridge between my house and the rest of the village since walking around the stream that divides them is getting a little annoying.

--

Super Mario Odyssey

Bought the Rango outfit and hat, farmed my coins back to 9999 in Luigi's Balloon World immediately afterwards.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

I finished Gwendolyn's book and started Cornelius'. The air juggle for Gwen was very Muramasa-esque so it felt familiar but Cornhole's is different and looks way cooler and when you get going you're just doing loops around the whole arena while ground bouncing them after every basic combo. It also doesn't need any PP just Pow which recharges fast enough that you can literally do it forever. He's super fast so I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually just the best character in the game.

I also thought he was going to be a asshole prince character but he's actually likable so thats nice. His jp va is good, I knew it was familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it until I looked it up.

Super Mario Galaxy

I now have 47 Power Stars at the start of the Bedroom.

I still don't know what my favorite level is, but this is definitely the best dome.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Started a new save file, and I had a blast. Now I remember why this was one of the three games that defined my childhood. I completed both missions in Sky Station, and the first mission in Yoshi Star.

Super Mario Odyssey
Got a whole lot of Power Moons. I got about 20 more Power Moons in Mount Volbono, and some other Power Moons in other levels. I also managed to complete all of Toadette's achievements. I now have 822/880 Power Moons.

My brother and I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I managed to get quite a few victories in until he started playing Ike. I never win when he plays Ike.

Splatoon 2 (Octo Expansion)

Waiting on Switch to recharge, but for early impressions so far I'm really enjoying it.

Super Mario Odyssey
So close to completing Mount Volbono 100%...next time I play, I will do it. I can't believe how close I am to 100%-ing this game!

Super Mario Run
Played some Remix 10 and Toad Rally. I've waited long enough, it's time for me to buy this game. I am sold.

Super Mario Galaxy.

Progressed a big deal in the storybook. I also finished both Gusty Garden and Freezeflame for now. My Power Star counter is now at 57.

I tried to play Wario Land: Shake It earlier but there is something wrong with my disc, the opening intro started stuttering a bit before abruptly cutting to a error screen. I tried cleaning the disc with a cloth and some cleaner, but sadly no dice.
120px-WarioLoseParty_7.png

I WANT A BURGER said:
I tried to play Wario Land: Shake It earlier but there is something wrong with my disc, the opening intro started stuttering a bit before abruptly cutting to a error screen. I tried cleaning the disc with a cloth and some cleaner, but sadly no dice.
Did you ever leave the disc out?

Sonic Generations (PC)

I have played until City Escape, a Sonic Adventure 2 level. Up until this point, I have also gathered all the Red Rings, which means that I have even gotten the more frustrating sections. One of Modern's Red Rings is at such a spot as to leave little room of error, making it rather frustrating to get. I am talking about the first Red Ring that requires jumping on a ramp to reach a high place, followed by another ramp to touch the Red Ring. That was so frustrating also because that section also forces you to go forward, so it's impossible to do it again without restarting the level. Even Sonic Lost World's Red Rings aren't as frustrating as this, since that game at least have smarter placement of checkpoints.

Anyway, I wanted to play the game as the Super Mario Generations mod, but I had problems with that so had to settle for playing the original, which is a pity because I really wanted to play the Friend Challenges with Mario characters. Too bad there are no Youtube videos with Friend Challenges using the Mario mod, except Donkey Kong in Modern Rooftop Run.

Thank you for reading.

I WANT A BURGER said:
That's me with Mario 3D World.

Sell your copy at half price (say "broken" or "not working" in the sales description) and use the money (and likely a bit more) to buy a digital copy that won't break.

Fate/Grand Order

I grinded up about 300 exp cards but now I have no space left. I spent a few to level up Raikou to 72. Now I'm gonna try run with a Mash/Raikou/Waver team so I too can stack defense buffs and have my berserkers die in 3 hits. Herc is still there, he's just at the back protecting me when everything goes to shit.

I can finally work my way through Camelot a little bit. At least until the AX panel mentions what stuff they'll be doing, I'm hoping for 1/2 cost dailies or boosted success in level ups. or both.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Have it on Wii U and have a 43% file, but right now I'm getting my new Switch up to speed. Done Vah Medoh and half done with Naboris.
Such an awesome game.

supermariofan said:
Did you ever leave the disc out?

No but I do keep it stored in a disc binder which might be the issue since it's seen it's better days.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
That's me with Mario 3D World.

Sell your copy at half price (say "broken" or "not working" in the sales description) and use the money (and likely a bit more) to buy a digital copy that won't break.

I prefer owning games physically over digital copies, but thankfully the good news is that I managed to get it working again.

Back