What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Fire Emblem Echoes, I used my last pitchfork on Tatiana, maxed out her stats except resistance and movement and made her a Gold Knight.

Mario Tennis Aces

matchmaking is basically random once you're out of the <1k range but the matches have been more exciting. I had a really good match with a Spike in round 1 and then got to finals and the Spike there didn't seem to know how to play. Australia loves Waluigi, I don't blame them. Not many people play here though, I only did about 2 hours and I was already ranked 310 national. Points seem to mostly just be who has played the most but more playtime generally translates to a better grasp on the game.

Connection is significantly better than it was during the demo, went from 9/10 matches being laggy to 9/10 matches being perfect. Winning a tournament still gives you a permanent bye it seems.

This game is so much fun. I haven't really messed with the adventure mode, I did the ruins but it was just tutorials for stuff I already knew. I did practice the backwards trick shot for meter there though, so it wasn't a waste of time.

Bayonetta 2, I can't play online due to fucking server maintenance, but why is Nintendo doing this for the Wii U? It is a relic of history now. :mad:

Fate/Grand Order

Grind is over, I spent a bunch of apples to clear out the important stuff. I'll spend next week getting exp again, then I'll do Camelot so I can find out why it's considered the highlight of the story. The chapter so good they made a play out of it. The king's introduction is good for a laugh.

They're adding the extra support slot a year earlier than JP got it so that's a nice update, I got Mashu to 10/10/10 on her skills because she's worth it. She'll be one of the best servants in the game soon enough. It's to hide that I don't have anyone else that can go in that slot.

Mario Tennis Aces

Not many people play simple mode at 11pm, I only got 2 games before going back to standard. Simple was fun but I didn't play against difficult characters so who knows. I got beaten by a Peach in standard finals, it felt bad because I got reverse 3-0'd. The last game was just me with 0 meter and low racket having to just take it while she spammed zone shots which I did to some guy early on. It was like karma if that existed. I still need to play enough so that my picture shows Yoshi instead of Chomp. I do miss his easy power but I feel a little better playing Yoshi again.

PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure

193/193 befriended, all rainbow befriended... not that it matters since you don't really get anything for your completion aside from a short cut scene when you talk to Mew again that's basically this game's equivalent to the post card from Super Mario Sunshine.

Sonic Lost World (PC)

This is a rather controversial game even among Sonic fans, since it is a departure from the boost gameplay that was used in Unleashed, Colors and Generations. Instead, the game puts more control on Sonic by not only having him being slower, but also allow you to climb and run on walls, which feels great when I got the hang of it (even though it's a bit hard to judge).

I have played until Lava Mountain Zone 1, where I have beaten three of the Deadly Six. Instead of breezing through the game, I went to collect all the Red Rings in every level I gone through, even the ones where it's tougher to get them all. As an added measure, I even gone through Time Attack for every level thus far, where I usually got a B-rank because that's the first rank where the times are generation compared to the S and A ranks.

I must say that while this game is overall difficult, it's actually satisfying to succeed in levels because it's fair in its toughness. The main gripe I have is that when I used the Switch Pro Controller to play, the Inventory button is mapped to the SAME stick as the movement control stick, which means I might accidentally open the inventory and lose all control, which is frustrating when I did that over pits.

I will put more opinions on this game in the Sonic thread when I completed this game.

Thank you for reading.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Started a new town since it's been quite some time since my last session and I didn't feel like removing weeds, named said town "Oiram". (Gee, ain't I clever.)

Spent the first two days paying off my debt to Tom Nook and conversing with the residents, designed a 8-bit Mario sprite to use as a pattern for both the City Hall flag and my villager's clothes. Was a little surprised to see something new was added in the form of the campgrounds, but then I remembered that Nintendo Digital Event from awhile back.

Sonic Lost World (PC)

Played until Lava Mountain Zone 3, which means the final boss is away, followed by the Hidden levels! I decided not to do Time Attack for Lava Mountain 2 and 3 since those levels are already difficult as they are, but maybe I will come back to those one day.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Odyssey

Bought the Rango outfit.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I (finally) unlocked Gold Mario and had some fun with him. I had to use smart steering to complete the Bell Cup 200cc.

Fate/Grand Order

Camelot is here. I tried the first battle, I had some trouble. I want to know what happens but the chapter isn't going anywhere so I'll work on it when I feel like I'm ready. I managed to get Nitocris, Lancelot and Serenity on the summon campaign. I only managed to get Nito off some tickets but that's fine, I stockpiled those for this kind of emergency.

Super Mario Galaxy

:mario: - 120/121 Stars Collected. (Can't get the 121th Star until I catch up in Luigi's playthrough.)
:luigi: - 30/121 Stars Collected. (Last saved after beating the Bouldergeist, currently taking a break.)

I find it kind of amusing that Mail Toad still leaves messages on your Wii's Message Board about when you rescue Luigi... as Luigi.

Super Mario Galaxy

:mario: - 120/121 Stars Collected.
:luigi: - 75/121 Stars Collected.

--

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Pretty mundane day yesterday, hope that I get 100% approval rating today.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I unlocked the Gold Kart, which also triggered the rotating title screen. Also did some time trials.

Pokemon Quest

Eevee... sigh... could you at least try to not lose half your HP at the first encounter?

Kairo

I previously bought this game and forgotten about it, so when I read an article on Kotaku to experience this game, I wanted to put it on the wishlist until I realised I bought it already. In any case, it's my next game purely for this reason.

This game is a first person adventure where words are not visible save for the menu, and somehow this game made me nauseous, which might be because I had a large meal earlier. I am going to continue tomorrow and see if the situation improves.

Thank you for reading.

Smash 4, 3DS version, I have gone too long without a spot of online play, so I tested myself and I won for my challenge.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

I think I like Vanillaware, they make fun stuff. I seem to always be low on PP but I don't really know the best way to regain it outside of restore potions, those are easy enough to make but it breaks the flow during a boss battle. The attacks that use it are really useful so maybe it's just to balance that, the ones that use Pow feel more like they're meant to be used with your basic attacks for combos.

Fate/Grand Order

I want to finish Camelot but I need to grind, I'll try and smash through it once anniversary week is over and my servants are all properly levelled. It's just so much better than any of the other chapters already and I'm not even that far in. Maybe I'll use some apples on it if I get impatient, I've gotta avoid spoilers for it either way but I've seen a couple things already unfortunately.
MvWVA8e.png

NanoPhoenix said:
Super Mario Galaxy

:luigi: - 103/121 Stars Collected.

Almost...
Wow...two days ago Luigi only had 30 stars. Interesting...

Super Mario Odyssey
Currently I'm working on completing Bubbaline. I got a lot more Power Moons and regional coins there. I also bought the Sailor Hat, Sailor Outfit, and Racing Suit. That new Rango Suit looks cool as well. I now have 777/880 Power Moons in all.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tried to play this with my brother, but Joy-Con are so unresponsive compared to Wii Remotes. For this reason I'll always prefer the Wii U version. Anyway, we played eight rounds of Shine Thief, and eight VS Races.

I also started a new tournament: M&L: BIS vs DT! Like my previous tournament, The Spiny Shells, this tournament lasts for the whole weekend and is open to the public. However, this new tournament is also a lot less brutal than The Spiny Shells. This is also a team-based tournament, while The Spiny Shells was a solo tournament. Both tournaments are currently in progress, if you're interested.

So you play MK8 with tilt controls?

Anyway...

Super Mario Galaxy

Played through the entirety of the Kitchen, stopped at the Airship Armada level. I now have something like 35-40 Power Stars, which is waaaayyy more than what one needs to unlock the Bedroom.

I just keep playing this game in different ways varying from one playthrough or another.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
NanoPhoenix said:
Super Mario Galaxy

:luigi: - 103/121 Stars Collected.

Almost...
Wow...two days ago Luigi only had 30 stars. Interesting...

Been marathoning it around the clock since I really don't have anything better to do, I like to try to have it finished before tomorrow.

At this rate you will.

Unless the ones you have yet to collect are those purple coin where you are given the whole level to explore. These are the best kinds of prankster comets, but also the ones that take the most time to complete.

Back