Top 15 Mario characters I want to see become playable characters in Super Mario Kart 9

Luciano Barone

Spiny
Banned User
#15: Charging Chuck.

#14: Boo.

#13: Monty Mole.

#12: Cat Rosalina.

#11: Green Sprixie Princess.

#10: Pom Pom.

#9: Cat Mario.

#8: Dr. Elvin Gadd.

#7: Fox/Kitsune Luigi.

#6: Boom Boom.

#5: Whomp.

#4: Baby Waluigi.

#3: Meowser.

#2: Baby Wario.

#1: Captain Falcon.

So, which one of these is your favorite?

Last edited:
Side notes:
Release date: Sometime in 2024.

Console: Nintendo Switch 2.0.

Returning playable characters: All playable characters from past Mario kart games except for Funky Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Rob.

Last edited:
I'd go for Pauline and E. Gadd, but E. Gadd had multiple chances and Nintendo blew all of them so far. Pauline however, I'm seeing is likely for the next Mario Kart. Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi I'd want just because I can beat them up.

Anyway BUMPTY.

CTR had an item crate playable.

Mario Kart needs to step up their game with their character roster and include Item Box as a playable character once and for all.

Driverless car would be my next pick.

You know, you're right, there is a lack of Mario characters from the extended cast...

so....

Tape is obviously the most logical choice for a Paper Mario rep:

• Tape is 3D already, the rest of the paper cast isn't.
  • Tape can actually hold onto the steering wheel and use pedals, the rest of the paper cast can't, including the rest of the Legion of Stationery except for probably Rubber Band.
  • Tape would be the funniest if it is voiced thanks to its Italian mafioso accent.
  • Tape is an Italian-American mafioso, Mario is an Italian-American hero, therefore making excellent contrast.
  • Tape would be our official genderless representation that isn't part of an ambiguous species, proudly referring to itself as an "it".
  • Olivia hates Tape the most.
  • Tape is a purple, "no-good, cheating gangster", which exactly describes Nabbit, who isn't playable in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, therefore making the first purple rep who is a "no-good, cheating gangster".
  • It's called the "Shifty Sticker" and it can read as "Shitty Sticker" which is funny.
  • Tape comes from the most recent entry of the Paper Mario series.
  • Tape comes from the best-selling entry of the Paper Mario series.

If there had to be another Legion of Stationery rep, then let's go with Hole Puncher because it's a disco dancer and speaks in 60's slang! You know who else does that? Jimmy T. from WarioWare!

I think a Paper Mario rep should be a character from the first 3 games, and not flat either. Goomboss & the Star Spirits debuted in Paper Mario and made 3D appearances so i think anything from the PM series (at least the first 3) appearing in a 3D game should follow the same logic. But of course, my most wanted out of the RPGs comes from the M&L games and he's in my avatar (for now anyway, it does need an update)

And in terms of characters from Origami King specifically, I'd go for Olivia or Olly. They can move in 3D just fine so they could drive. But I'd prefer a character from the 2000s entries, adapted into a 3D model. Only exception is if they do Paper Mario/Luigi, and animating the way they do on the kart in Color Splash and Origami King.

Put the Mario Kart Tour characters that aren't playable in Mario Kart 8. That includes Pauline, Diddy, Kamek and Chargin' Chuck.

Add E. Gadd, K. Rool, and a ? Block and 99% of the die-hard Mario Kart fans will not complain about the roster ever again.

CTR had an item crate playable.

Mario Kart needs to step up their game with their character roster and include Item Box as a playable character once and for all.

Driverless car would be my next pick.

Nah, you gotta make it even more subversive:

Make a Coin playable. :yoshi:

I don't know about that. I think that for a character to be playable in a future Mario Kart game, it actually has to be a living person. Alright?

That's racist against Dry Bones and ROB.

this is all wrong no ones mentioned pianta or blooper or penguin or thwomp or ukiki or bandit or bob omb or flutter or lanky kong

R.O.B. isn't conscious, it's just a bunch of batteries and ones and zeros.

Back