Shroomburg (Forum RPG)

Sir Pentious

I have a problem
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
  • Hello! This is Shroomburg, a Forum RPG/Roleplay where you can do (almost) anything you want! The name of the game is up to you. You can attempt to accumulate the most cash, run a business, shill for the Shroom, hunt for rare items, start a family, or just have fun!

The game should be kept PG-13, as is the standard for the site. Read the Abridged Rules for a quick list of things to keep in mind, and the full Rules for the complete deal. Even the latter is still pretty short, so don't be afraid to give it a quick read. If you want to sign up, instructions are at the top of both rulesets, though the extended Rules includes a couple of extra character guidelines you'll want to know.
  • Signing up is simple. Just state your character's name (should be an OC or a simple representation of yourself), age (18+), race (should be human or a mario npc race), and personality (tomodachi life style), all in bold colored text. You'll be able to start playing immediately unless there are any issues with your sign-ups. Only one character per person, for the time being.

Every day, you can take actions. This can be pretty much anything, within reason. Working a job will count as an action and is automatically added to your actions unless you state you are taking the day off (or it's a holiday). Actions are, for the most part, freeform, though some things may cost money or require further clarification. If this is needed, I will provide (or request) further details). Action results will be posted at 9:30am EST or whenever possible. If you have questions about what is and isn't possible/available, just ask!

The city you will be in, New Shroomburg, is big enough to have most regular goods and services. You can ask for specifics on whether a certain thing is available if you want.

You can also roleplay. Roleplaying does not count as an action, and neither does things you do within it- but roleplaying should entail simple interactions and movement. You can't use it as a way to bypass action limits or do otherwise impossible things.

Each Monday, the person with the most coins will be honored in this post!
  • Sign up by stating your character's name, age, race, and personality in bold colored text.

You can make an unlimited amount of actions each real life day. They can be nearly anything that is physically possible. Clarification may be requested, or money/items may be required.

Roleplaying does not count as an action but can't be used to bypass the regular action system.

Most of the regular roleplaying rules apply. Use common sense and be polite.
  • After recently arriving in the expansive New Shroomburg, you learn of a major company that is currently hiring! Through a partnership with the esteemed Toadvard University, Talltower Accounting is looking for young unemployed people to provide opportunities at a better life. This is not the only establishment currently hiring in the city, but light research indicates it may pay the best out of entry level jobs, with a rate of 6 coins a day. Finding other jobs will require an action for job searching and specification on the type of job you're searching for.

Jobs aren't required, but are recommended, as they will serve as your main source of income.

There is an apartment complex with a rent of 2 coins a week. All new players will automatically be assigned a room here, but you can look for other housing options if you wish. Basic needs are also provided at no cost, including showers, simple meals, and housekeeping. Rent is automatically deducted from your bank account.

Upon starting, you have a balance of 15 coins, clothing, and some type of phone or laptop.
  • Events are special things that happen from time to time. There are both major and minor events. Minor events are things like a new establishment opening or special item showing up. Major events are normally competitions with big coin prizes and opportunities to obtain unique items, lore, and expand the explorable world.
  • 1637257384983.png

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, this sounds fun. I might sign up later. I will warn you to be on the lookout for kinks in the system and whatnot, but I'm sure you already are.

Not gonna lie, this sounds fun. I might sign up later. I will warn you to be on the lookout for kinks in the system and whatnot, but I'm sure you already are.
Yeah, some problems are likely to come up at some point, but I'll be keeping an eye out for them!

Blathers my guy, after what happened with Midnight Hotel, are you sure this is a good idea? Not to rag on you, but the time between you coming up with this idea and you posting this was extremely small, and when it comes to working out the kinks as you go... Well again, look at Midnight Hotel.

I think most of your ideas have potential, sometimes even lots of potential, but you need to reign it in a bit. Immediately starting every forum game you think of is just going to lead to the same thing unless you spend more time on the idea.

Blathers my guy, after what happened with Midnight Hotel, are you sure this is a good idea? Not to rag on you, but the time between you coming up with this idea and you posting this was extremely small, and when it comes to working out the kinks as you go... Well again, look at Midnight Hotel.

I think most of your ideas have potential, sometimes even lots of potential, but you need to reign it in a bit. Immediately starting every forum game you think of is just going to lead to the same thing unless you spend more time on the idea.
I think this will be a bit easier to run.

Not that I can run it if no one signs up lmao

ok yeah you have a point but the game's already up so there's not much I can do about it now
But I will keep it in mind for later stuff
And trust me I've been thinking about this pretty much continuously since I had the idea which adds up to quite a bit of time

I was planning on signing up later today.

A few questions that aren't really clear from the OP:
  • Is there any sort of endgame to this?
  • Are there any goals besides earning the most coins in a week or is this mostly a freeform thing?
  • Is consistent participation expected or can players pop in and out whenever they feel like it?

A few questions that aren't really clear from the OP:
  • Is there any sort of endgame to this?
  • Are there any goals besides earning the most coins in a week or is this mostly a freeform thing?
  • Is consistent participation expected or can players pop in and out whenever they feel like it?
Is there any sort of endgame to this?
Not in the foreseeable future, no.

Are there any goals besides earning the most coins in a week or is this mostly a freeform thing?
For the time being it will be mostly freeform, though some events may come with additional objectives.

Is consistent participation expected or can players pop in and out whenever they feel like it?
You can play as much or as little as you want, though it would be preferred to see actions at least a couple of times a week.

I go to get some food first.
There are two ways to go about this.

If you just want food from your own pantry that can be counted as a roleplay action that doesn't count towards your total.
Or if you want to buy food or eat a restaurant that will count as an action.

Remember it's only three actions a day. If you don't submit any food-related actions it's assumed you just eat something from your hotel room.

There are two ways to go about this.

If you just want food from your own pantry that can be counted as a roleplay action that doesn't count towards your total.
Or if you want to buy food or eat a restaurant that will count as an action.

Remember it's only three actions a day. If you don't submit any food-related actions it's assumed you just eat something from your hotel room.
I go look for a science laboratory.

I attempt to research more about this Talltower Accounting.

Action Results
@Zdrmonster Productions
1637429544054.png

Result: It is an accounting company. It manages stocks for several companies, and is highly esteemed. The office in New Shroomburg is 16 stories tall. It partnered with Toadvard University to hire aspiring businessmen and workers.

Back