What Are Your Ideas For Mario Party Items?

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
I've been thinking about having certain items in Mario Party for a new game. Here are a few of my ideas for new items.
Blue Spiny Shell
Blue Spiny Shell - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Blue Spiny Shell is the first idea for a new item in Mario Party. This item will strike the leading opponent like in Mario Kart, and once it hits the leading opponent, that player is sent back to the start and will lose 20 coins, scattering them across the board. It will also destroy any items that the player has. It will target the user if used in 1st place.
Lightning
Glowless Lightning Bolt - Mario Kart Wii.png

The Lightning is another new item idea for Mario Party. When used, this item will make all opponents lose 10 coins and all of their items, scattering them across the board, as well as rendering them unable to move for the next turn.
POW Block
POW Block - Mario Kart Wii.png

The next new item idea is the POW Block. When activated, the POW Block will appear above the user and the recipients and flatten for about five seconds before it disappears, causing an earthquake in the process. On the third strike, it will send all players with a higher rank than the user back to the start, making each recipient lose 15 coins, their items, and one Star, which will all be scattered across the board. This item can be avoided if the player jumps during the third strike.
Thunder Cloud
Thunder Cloud - Mario Kart Wii.png

The last new item idea I have is the Thunder Cloud. This item will give the player ten spaces to pass it to another player on the board. After ten spaces, it will act similar to the Lightning and make that player lose 10 coins and his/her items, as well as rendering him/her unable to move for the next turn.

Considering the Mario Party 9/10 style since that is my favourite and what I am most used to:

- More dice blocks, like a backward dice block, a 1-3-6 dice block, a double or nothing dice block, the possibility are a lot honestly
- A mini star dice block
- A mini ztar dice block to use on a random player
- A minigame dice block
- One that reverses or changes spaces
- One that can make you steal the captain bonus
- One that allows you to make any minigame a reverse minigame whenever you want
- One that hides spaces on the board

I've been thinking about having certain items in Mario Party for a new game. Here are a few of my ideas for new items.
Blue Spiny Shell
View attachment 16269

The Blue Spiny Shell is the first idea for a new item in Mario Party. This item will strike the leading opponent like in Mario Kart, and once it hits the leading opponent, that player is sent back to the start and will lose 20 coins, scattering them across the board. It will also destroy any items that the player has. It will target the user if used in 1st place.
Lightning
View attachment 16270
The Lightning is another new item idea for Mario Party. When used, this item will make all opponents lose 10 coins and all of their items, scattering them across the board, as well as rendering them unable to move for the next turn.
POW Block
View attachment 16271
The next new item idea is the POW Block. When activated, the POW Block will appear above the user and the recipients and flatten for about five seconds before it disappears, causing an earthquake in the process. On the third strike, it will send all players with a higher rank than the user back to the start, making each recipient lose 15 coins, their items, and one Star, which will all be scattered across the board. This item can be avoided if the player jumps during the third strike.
Thunder Cloud
View attachment 16272

The last new item idea I have is the Thunder Cloud. This item will give the player ten spaces to pass it to another player on the board. After ten spaces, it will act similar to the Lightning and make that player lose 10 coins and his/her items, as well as rendering him/her unable to move for the next turn.
These all seem to be just Mario kart Wii items awkwardly made to work for a Mario party setting
The blue shell seems kinda bleh
It scatters the player's coins across the board but the thing is that could very commonly help your opponents
I think it would work much better if the lost coins would go directly to the player who used the item
=======================
Anyway if I were to make new Mario party items I would add more dice blocks for more situations

That Blue Shell looks wayyyyy overpowered.

Back