I am now presented with a problem.

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
I'm running out of games to play.

All I can do on my 3DS is start 100%ing my games, which is a lot of work I don't really want to get into. (DKCR3D, M&LDT, Miitopia, KBR, LMDM, PMSS, CTTT, and MK7 are all super close, but the hardest part remains. You know, Mirror Mode, secret final bosses, insane missions, etcetera.)
The same can be said for my Wii and the Wii U. (I made it to Mr. Sandman in TD and then suddenly lost interest. SMG2 and NSMBW were 100%ed a long time ago (Actually thinking of redoing NSMBW, weirdly) as was SMG, and MSC and MSS were 100%ed recently. MKW is only missing the harder characters and karts. I beat the final boss of SPM and don't really feel up to taking on the Pit of 100 Trials and I have a vague memory of clearing some demon final boss in MSM with my brother. Got all the characters, mini games and courses in MP8 and 9, so there's not much to do there. Not really up to checking the rest of my cabinet of games to see what I may be missing from the list, but you get the idea.)
In fact, even my Switch fails to satisfy me right now: I've cleared Pacifist in Undertale about three times and refuse to hurt anyone. (I'm nice. Too nice.) Went through a two week Cuphead phase just now but I promised I wouldn't pass The Green Knight (It's his game) so I'm stuck halfway through Inkwell Isle 3. I cleared story mode in the Tokyo Olympics, Luigi's Mansion 3 doesn't hold much else, and the same goes for Mario Tennis Aces. I totally beat Mario Odyssey a long time ago and don't really feel like clearing Guest Star Allies as EVERYONE. For some reason, I'm redoing PMTOK (which is how I got the footage for Go With the Flow) even though I already 100%ed it. For some reason I have no desire to play Link's Awakening at the moment and I'm intentionally dragging out SKC to get maximum joy out of it. I still haven't gotten King Dedede in KF2 and am waiting to do it for a video. (I'm going to release a review video on my YT channel soon.) There's nothing to do in Deltarune, NES, SNES, or Tetris 99. I'm scaring myself by saying I don't even have much of an interest in SSBU at the moment. I fight my brothers occasionally and that's about it.
The only game I have an interest in at the moment is Brawl Stars, and even in that I'm really making progress and my interest is dwindling.
A lot of my characters are at Rank 20 or higher (That means getting 500 trophies with them at one point, which is equal to getting first place in Showdown about 50 times per character without losing once - it takes a lot of effort!)
Everyone is either at maximum power level (Level nine is basically the highest you can get on these things called Power Points - long story short, I've collected 1410 power points for every character I have save three, and I'm only missing five of the forty something characters!) or very close to max.
As stated above, I'm missing the hardest to get characters: Legendary characters. (And this easy to get one I'm expecting any day now.)

I just feel.... I don't know, empty without a new challenge. And now that Nintendo has announced all this new stuff, I don't know what to think. Do I wait to get a new game? Should I 100% my old stuff or maybe take up an old challenge? Should I go buy something new? I just don't know.

Frankly, I don't even know why I'm making this a thread. Just a way to vent this thought out of my head, I suppose...

Do you have a gaming PC?

i dont think this is an unreasonable dilemma to have. i remember when i was around your age i also "ran out" of games at one particular point, because i started playing the copy of wall-e that was bundled with my playstation 3 (and let me tell you, i dont think i'd ever have stuck with it if i wasnt bored out of my brains. it was bad). as for the answer to your question, i think it's probably only something you'll really be able to decide. how much you get out of a game is completely dependent on you as an individual. some people will buy a game and only beat the story, others will complete the same game, and that behaviour will vary from game to game (ie some people will only complete platformers, some only rpgs, some all the games they play, some none of them).

it sounds to me like you're feeling like you've gotten most of the mileage you can out of your games, so if you're wanting something more to do, and you can afford it, i don't see a problem with buying a new game. i'm not sure what your financial situation is but there's plenty of really good, cheap games that can be found on the eShop, as long as you're happy enough to look at indie titles, and i can give you some recommendations if you'd like. otherwise if you're not willing to part with any cash, then i guess you'd be best off looking at your games and seeing what further mileage you can get out of them, but again, that's all something that only you can really decide.

Last edited:
Have you tried Minecraft?

Do you have a gaming PC?
No, I don't. (I don't think so, at least.)
Have you tried Minecraft?
Yeah, and I recently attempted the Nether with my bro and lost a bunch of gear when I died in a bastion. Not really up to playing more at the moment.
I know that Splatoon 3 just got announced but Splatoon 2 is still going strong if you're interested.
Never played much Splatoon...
@Colonel Pluck I'd recommend getting an emulator and playing some old games, like Mario Bros 3 or Pokemon.
Already have one. Beat all those games as well.

Maybe I was just tired when I was writing. Maybe I should take a break from games altogether. Maybe I should think about them less. I don't know.

@Rowlf the Dog, you're definitely right that I get as much mileage out of games as possible. I think I might will definitely come back at some point for 100%, but for now I'll get a new game. I was actually saving up for a microphone for my channel a while ago and ended up with like sixty extra dollars, as well as having about fifty from my dad from Christmas.

Uh oh. Now I have another problem. Should I buy a game right away or wait for a release...?

You know, I think I'll sort that one out on my own. Thanks for the help guys.

No, I don't. (I don't think so, at least.)

Oh, I would have recommended you some games on PC if you could run them, because the PC game platform is a huge rabbit hole filled with a lot of great titles.

WAIT! I JUST REMEMBERED A CONVERSATION WE HAD A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO!

You need to get Twilight Princess HD, it's on the Wii U eshop.

Actually thinking of getting Skyward Sword for the Switch.

That doesn't come out until July. Idk how often you play video games, but I beat TP in just under 40 hours, so you should be able to beat it before SSHD comes out.

i went through basically the same phase in 2020 cause i only got like, 2 games for my switch that year.

so if you wanna get a game that you'll sink many hours into, maybe get an rpg if you like those. they tend to be prettttty long, especially if youre trying to get a 100% completion

that or you could just download some time wasters i guess

Back