I've played the original one on the nintendo switch online nes service and I must say, I was pretty bad at it... I'm still pretty bad at it. It was a lot harder than I thought, and I eventually go to beat Mr. dream... by rewinding every second.
I'm playing this occassionally, yeah the Mr. Dream classic, it's pretty fun. Just fought Piston Honda, and gotta say, he looks Pis't! He beat me the first time with that flurry of punches he does. Which brings the question, what is the best way to deal with those? Dodge left/right, guard, or duck? At any rate, I beat him the second attempt by trying to duck his flurries.
I found it silly that he mantras random commonly known words like Sushi and Kamikaze inbetween rounds. He also makes a pun with "TKO" but i forgot what it was :')
Having lost to Piston once, and watching his victory animation, makes me want to lose to everyone once to see their victory animaniations too
I find it cool how TD Glass Joe wears a helmet. Apparently, after 100 losses in Career mode you have the option to wear the helmet for improved defense, and since you gave Glass Joe his 100th loss, he's now allowed to wear it in a fight.
Also, I counted 11 things that should be illegal or are illegal in a boxing match.
1. Great Tiger warping around. (Unsure about this one.)
2. Aran Ryan's head attacks.
3. Soda Popinski pulling a bottle out of nowhere and drinking it in the middle of the fight. (He's wearing a speedo. Where does he get the bottle?)
4. Bald Bull throwing his dumbbell into the crowd during the intermission. (Not technically during the match, but considering he probably killed someone that way, we'll count it.)
5. King Hippo wearing a man-hole cover on his belly.
6. Bear Hugger letting a squirrel into the ring.
7. Great Tiger again.
8. Aran Ryan with his headbutts.
9. Aran Ryan bringing a weapon into the ring.
10. Soda Pop again.
11. Donkey Kong. (Ape. Not man. Nuff said.)
Hey, maybe I should make this a YouTube video. One of those analytical fact things. '\_('-')_/'