2020 in review

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
With 2020 coming to an end soon and with us entering 2021, why don't we go and look back at this year despite how awful the Covid-19 situation is in the world?

Here are some of the positives that happened:
*I passed Grade 11 and 12 Math at the College level.
*I built my brother a new computer before building myself a new one.
*I got into college at Seneca.
*I got a new laptop.
*I got a larger TV before buying a new monitor.
*Trump losing the elections.
Here are the negatives:
*The Coronavirus reducing the fun that we can have in the world
*Loss of a lot of famous people including Alex Trebek, the host of Jeopardy.

Last edited:
The Good
*Donald Fucking Trump lost the reelection.
*Becoming a local mod in the RP board, and becoming a Patroller in the wiki.

The Bad
*Everything about COVID-19. Everything.
*Everything Trump did to downplay COVID-19.
*Everything Trump does in general.
*Everything about Trump in his lame-duck session.
*Ruth Bader Ginsburg dying and having Moscow Mitch putting in the horrific Amy Barrett as a replacement.
*Having to live without my sister for about 2-3 months.
*One of my friend's mom's getting cancer (but at least she kicked its ass and is doing fine right now)

Oh yeah that reminded me of Acropolis lifting Smash Ultimate's modding restrictions and that's amazing.

*Got a Nintendo Switch in February, with several games throughout the year
*Started getting paid more
*Very long story short, removed someone from our house that has been causing a lot of stress
*Ironically enough, lockdown actually helped with dating somewhat
*Moved into my own apartment
*Steve and Sephiroth, yo
*Getting stronger physically, debatable on mentally
*Became Editor-in-Chief on F-Zero Wiki (we need editors)
*Capture Card

Honestly, the only really terrible thing that happened to me personally was the lockdown itself (well, and dog issues). Everyone got stuck at home, and I'm barely able to see my friends right now, but we're all learning to work with it. Hopefully things return to mostly normal next year.

i remember starting a similar thread and then it got blocked because there was some political argument

i feel like the second half of this year passed way faster than the first one. In terms of disasters, other than the economic crisis in my country, the only TRULY bad thing is the coronavirus because it just kinda made all the bad things that were already happening worse.

on the bright side, some good things happened as well:
-i became a highschooler
-i passed my final exam a la luigi, by doing absolutely nothing (it was cancelled because of the virus)
-im getting into anime
-the sonic movie happened, and thats the only movie i watched at the movies this year....

The good:
- got a new job with way better pay, perks, projects
- honestly thriving in wfh
- animal crossing nh came out finally
- 0 community covid transfers for well over a month
- trump losing the re-election
- covid vaccine development is going pretty well
- tiger King

The bad:
- fractured my finger last week so rip the rest of the year
- strictest lockdown in the world during july-oct. (Though on the bright side that means we have no cases now as we enter summer / Christmas)

The ugly:
- jan-feb bushfires. Having the worst quality air in the world and needing to wear n2 masks to get to work
- our bloody prime minister Scotty from marketing leaving the country for a secret holiday to Hawaii with a QAnon person while the country suffered its worst fire season in history.
- same note, wildfires in California and other parts of NA during their summer season
- covid
- many government responses to covid

I said something similar in another thread, but 2020 was a very up and down year for me.

On March 11, I lost Wookiee, my cat of 15+ years. I didn't leave the property for the next three months due to the pandemic, and that probably made the grieving even more difficult. There was little to take my mind off the fact that my best friend was gone.

I am grateful for my surviving cat, Dougie Jones. His presence was very therapeutic, and we mourned Wookiee's loss together. Still, I wanted to get another cat so he could have a feline buddy again. When I adopted Dougie, I was told he had been born in to foster care, so he had always had his siblings or Wookiee with him. He seemed to be as lonely as I was.

After successfully convincing my parents to allow me to adopt a new cat, I departed the property for the first time in three months on June 6. When my mother and I arrived at animal control, the woman in charge had let some cats loose in the play room for me to meet (she knew we were coming, having filled out the adoption paperwork beforehand). Almost immediately, a female black and white cat walked up to us, purring, meowing, and stretching her front legs on to my mom's feet. I knew right there that this cat was destined to join my family. We brought her home, and named her Darla Lulu.

I know this post was heavily pet related, but that's the main thing that stands out to me about this year. My cats (and dogs) are my life.

UmxtXvX.jpg

oh yeah there were. i didn't live too close too them but the air quality legit made it very hard to breathe and probably induced some headaches into me. and my car was dunked with ashes too.

ima just focus on the good stuff specifically;
i played some awesome games for the first time this year!
got obsessed with one which is mario + rabbids and im honestly thriving as weird as it may seem
some bad experiences have taught me some stuff abt what places to just avoid now and weirdly also turned me extra supportive of lgbt+ people (also thanks to twitter)
...which led to me realising i was actually a lesbian probably and yknow that is nice
my art has also improved over the year! i became more loose with my style which is nice its not as .. stressful(?) anymore
i finally got obs so i have a good recording software! at last i can record a speedrun of a game only i know exist, and a lot of harry potter and the chamber of secrets ones, for challenges. im hopin to get into speedrunning it in general sometime

good:
- biden won
- super mario boards was fun
- stuff in my personal life i can't share
- elliot page comes out as trans
- apparently there's a fifth indiana jones coming
- video gaming was very fun, particular shoutouts to paper mario 64, mario & luigi: partners in time, super mario maker 1, super mario 3d world, and lego batman 3
- i actually am doing ok in school right now
- watching my friends BLOF and FTG64 getting staff promotions
- the rise of dream's youtube channel has provided me with a lot of entertaining minecraft content

bad:
- coronavirus
- j k rowling's comments on the trans rights movement and the misinformation she has spread
- keira bells case
- super mario 3d all stars was a dissappointment compared to what the rumours hyped them up to be
- paper mario TOK doesn't look like a bad game at all in its own right but you know me i want better
- battle beach discontinued
- still no sign of mario and luigi series
- several natural disasters like fires, floods, volcanos
- jesy nelson quits little mix

good things:
*trump succ
*joining this forum
*tried out many games on emulators
*year didn't have ALL months bad
*oh ye trump infected for like two weeks
Bad things:
*coronavirus
*racism stuff
*many good and famous people died
Exceptions of bads in my country:
*economical crises
*giant explosion

This year was a very bittersweet one for me. On one hand, a lot of bad things happened, most notably COVID, but on the other hand, several great things happened, such as joining the Boards. As a matter of fact, quarantine led to me having too much spare time, which ultimately pushed me to join the Boards and the 'Shroom.

The good:
- getting a Nintendo Switch
- joining this community
- my final exam getting cancelled
- Trump losing the election

The bad:
- COVID and quarantine
- my mental health going down

The Great:
1. I joined the Super Mario Boards
2. Trump lost
3. I'm 12 now
4. We got Animal Crossing: New Horizons
The Neutral:
1. Among Us realized on Switch
2. My family is okay
3. I finally payed my fees on Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Bad:

1. COVID-19
2. I lost all my friends outside of the Boards
3. My mom is a little sick

The Good:

Started to go on Message Forums
Trump losing the election
Music sounds better than 2019

The Bad:

COVID
Wildfires
The fact that this year was worse than 2019
This Year, in general.

I left an abusive relationshp and I moved into my own apartment. It's the first time I have a place to myself and it's great. I started playing my 3DS games that I was holding onto, and bought a New 2DSxl and a Switch. My very first flatscreen tv (yeah I'm 2 decades late on that one i know). I have my own kitchen! My neighbors are friendly and I live in walking distance to the business district. My mental health has improved since I moved here, I made new friends in the area before the pandemic lockdown. We kept in touch through the pandemic. The Boards has been fun as always.

Amendment to the ugly
- George Floyd's murder / Police brutality. It's fucked that the riots had to happen

Yeah man I feel like we're in nearly the same exact scenarios that lead us to the Rodney King riots all the way back in 1991. It's such a shame little to no progress has been made to curb police brutality.

2020 was by far the quickest year in recent memory. After March the days became months and now we're already near 2021? Wow... I guess that's what staying in for the past 9 months does to ya. Anyway... It's no surprise 2020 was one of the worst years globally, with the pandemic, losses, and just so much more. But this isn't the time to talk about that. Personally, 2020 was a very chill year for me. Even though I did pretty much nothing the entire year it was just a very relaxed year of staying in and playing video games + watching random yt videos. (yep that's pretty much how the year went after March lol)

Highlights of the year:
I graduated high school! (barely too haha)
It took over a year, but I finally stopped crying over my ex-friend lol
I feel like I got to spend more time with my family, my brother especially
I've mellowed out a lot + matured throughout the year
I finally got my own room! (after 18 years...)
After taking a break from video games mostly in 2019 I began to play video games more, mostly Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
I found out about a lot of great music
I bought five albums this year with a sixth one on the way soon (and potentially even more for Christmas!)

Lowlights:
I lost touch with many friends after March due to my terrible ability to text lol
Sometimes I'd get lonely and think about life too much

Around the world, yeah 2020 was definitely one of the worst years. Honestly though, I didn't even mind 2020. Because I'm more of an inside person this was just a year of staying in and chilling. Anyway, let's hope for a better 2021!

Back