Magolor04726's Smash Guide

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Because why not? I'll leave some tips I've learned, heard, taught myself, and various experiences here.

First off, I'm going to tackle Cruel Smash in Ultimate.

This mode is undoubtedly, the hardest mode there is. It's as if the Mii's have Legendary Spirits and you have nothing. How the heck are you supposed to KO one person, much less three for the challenge board?! Fortunately, I found an ingenious loop hole.

These Mii's have no special moves. They only use regular attacks, which means... they're horrible at recovery. The key to KO's is using someone who is top-notch at recovery. You jump off stage, stay off as long as you can, get back on, and repeat. It's that simple.

I prefer Dedede (His Super Jump will more than likely protect you from being launched on the way down), the psychic twins (PK Thunder is pretty good for keeping people off your back), and PAC-MAN (If you jump off stage, jump again, use his side special to keep you in the air, and then his up to get you to the edge, it's a nearly foolproof plan).

And I think that's all the advice I can offer for this challenge. (Tricking the CPU's into SDing is certainly easier than fighting them.) More advice to come!

Cruel Smash has always been like this: exploit CPUs. It's never been a fun and good mode.

I played against a Ness online the other day while attempting to push Dedede to Elite Smash.

He used PK Fire about seven times then attempted to hit me with his bat. Repeatedly. It's basically all he did.

Don't be that guy.

That's my advice for today.

That's not how you play Ness either anyway. There's more to Ness than that.

That's not how you play Ness either anyway. There's more to Ness than that.

Ness main here, fun fact, Ness has more than two moves at his disposal.

ness does have a lot of crazy combos, like I know one that if you do it right, you can send your opponent to 0% to 100%, its very complicated and I'd recommend to not try it unless your a pro-ness main: down tilt, mini jump and down b, do it very fast and repetitively to succeed, but again, its really hard.

ness also has the yoyo, which is like, the best edgeguarding tool in the game

Today's topic is: How to Win Classic Mode at 9.9. (If you haven't managed to clear 9.9 as anyone yet, this is for you.)

The key (for me, anyways) is exploiting the character's routes. Find someone who has a route where the majority of the fights are on stages you can walk off. (Boxing Ring, that SMG stage, etc.) Then, simply hit the opponent in that direction, or jump over to the edge of the screen and wait for them to get near, then grab then and throw them off. (Little Mac's route, as well as King K. Rool's are decently good at this.)

The key is speed, not no damage. If you take a little damage but KO in about five seconds (I have done that before), it'll increase your intensity more than a no damage thirty second run.

Also, since Master and Crazy Hand, who are fought most of the time, are on Final Destination, it's better to try and get to 9.9 before you get to the boss. If the boss KO's you and you're not at 9.9, it will not give you 9.9, even if you're at 9.8. (I found this out the hard way.)

I think that's all I have to offer. You of course, don't have to do this, this is simply what I do. I'm just presenting you with a possibility you may not have tried.

thing about a lot of classic modes is, theres always that one incredibly difficult match that'll ruin the score. not all of them have one tho. dr mario's classic mode for example keeps the same pattern of 3 enemies per match for the entire classic mode, so it's pretty easy to get a 9.9 in that classic mode.

also just like what magolor said, yeah. you can easily cheese the battles in stages with walkoffs. tho its not as easy in mushroomy kingdom and pacland because the stage scrolls.

one last tip, try to do a classic mode with an easy boss (i barely ever lose to galleom). they get you a tona points, especially if you do them well

Back