What did you want added to mario odyssey?

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
Every time I finish this game, I feel like there could've been a lot more to it. Every time I start a new save file, I feel like Mario odyssey wasn't as fun. I may not have the same opinion that you have, but if you want to discuss about it, then go ahead.

Last edited:
I think that the Cloud and Ruined Kingdoms had a lot of potential and it's a shame that they were only used as boss arenas.

Reactions: zel
yea they have some interesting lore too (especially ruined) i wanna know more about them!!! but nope here you go heres like, two platforms and like 7 mildly cool moons
according to the artbook i think cloud was going to have way more stuff than it did in the final game so that SUCKS
More sand kingdom
more wooded kingdom

SMO was kinda a disappointment for me as the worlds feel really small to me. The bests ones were Wooded for having an area under the usual play space and Sand for being so big. Every other kingdom just feel small. I really wished we could visit more than just the one part of the kingdom we were given.

the amount of moons in the game is good. it's probably the mario game with the most collectibles, whether it's stars, shines or moons. there are a few things i wouldve wanted tho, and maybe we could get them in odyssey 2 if it ever happens.

-some more outfits. i love the references, they're really cool and some of them are so obscure that even i didnt know about them. however there are some costumes i wouldve liked to see, like tennis mario from mario tennis aces. im honestly surprised it wasnt added in an update. they also couldve added some other obscure references, and i hope they do so in odyssey 2.

-yeah we have a decent amount of kingdoms, but some would've been nice to see, like delfino plaza, which is visible on the globe (though i think we all know this by now), maybe an actual volcano level. yeah the luncheon kingdom exists, but a lava level that LOOKS like a lava level more would be cool. finally, THE RUINED KINGDOM! why, just why is it so little. this kingdom needs to return in odyssey 2, but i just wish it was as big as kingdoms like the sand or metro kingdom. it would be a cool haunted level. i guess we could also see a bigger cloud kingdom.

Playable Peach with Tiara as her partner sounds super rad. Peach even has alternative costumes!

It's not an open world game. It's more of a open ended 3D platformer, with goals but those goals can be attained in mostly any order. Open world would be a lot bigger, have a lot of sidequests, contain a lot of collectibles (usually for crafting), be littered with radio towers, and have a lot of bandit camps.

It's not an open world game. It's more of a open ended 3D platformer, with goals but those goals can be attained in mostly any order. Open world would be a lot bigger, have a lot of sidequests, contain a lot of collectibles (usually for crafting), be littered with radio towers, and have a lot of bandit camps.
" Super Mario Odyssey is the latest installment in the famed Mario franchise. The game is an open world title that allows you to explore the world and enter levels to take on enemies and collect Moons that "power" the Odyssey, a spaceship that gets you around."
According to my research, I think it is considered as one

There was definitely a lot of potential in the Ruined Kingdom, and I was almost convinced Isle Delfino would be DLC, as in this map it's visible whereas in-game I think the same area is covered by a cloud. Also, the champagne-bottle and the entire continent below wasn't seen either. I think DLC beyond Luigi's balloons would have paid off for both Nintendo and fans.

Super-Mario-Odyssey-Map.jpg

Reactions: zel
" Super Mario Odyssey is the latest installment in the famed Mario franchise. The game is an open world title that allows you to explore the world and enter levels to take on enemies and collect Moons that "power" the Odyssey, a spaceship that gets you around."
According to my research, I think it is considered as one

Honestly I think you're taking descriptions way too much into face value rather than playing the game and comparing it to other titles that are open world. The game itself still has a highly linear structure to it, compared to say Burnout Paradise or GTA V where there's one giant overarching overworld.

I feel like the snow kingdom needs more exploration

Snow Kingdom is a gigantic disappointment, especially compared to what we saw in the art book. For a kingdom named "Shiveria" and has matryoshka souvenirs, I was expecting more. I also think Bubblaine could use more spicing up as well.

I want to get rid of the flies in New Donk City and add a Super Mario Sunshine skin.

I really though of a thing lately: In the cloud kingdom, there could've been some sort of giant cloud Colosseum that you could enter. In there, you can play online versus matches! like you fight another player, that would be presented as a cosmic clone, you can damage remove him one hp bar either by throwing cappy three times at him, or just stomp on him. you have to pay something like 20 coins to play the game, and you can spend more coins for 3 bonus hearts, which will disappear after the match. this honestly would've been a cool idea

Back