What is your favorite boss fight?

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
I love, love, love boss fights, and there are so many, I think I'll list a few of my favs.
Gooper Blooper in Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
The Beastly Bean Battalion in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions.
Galeem/Dharkon in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Magolor in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
And there are SO many more besides these.

Last edited:
The legend of Zelda OOT's ganon fight.

Honestly? I have no idea. There's plenty bosses I like... but in Mario games, now this is where it gets hard for me, because I like Mario bosses but none really stand out... except maybe a select few.

Lava Piranha in Paper Mario is a joke. But a very fun joke. I legitimately had fun beating the shit outta this guy... twice. I usually like difficulty but this one is an exceptional case.

BoulderGeist is also cool. I like how you have to use the game's gimmick on an enemy who reacts in a unique way to it to defeat him in a unique way using that. Daredevil run BoulderGeist isn't fun tho.

Oh yeah, Bowser Jr's second fight in NSMBWii. That one's god-tier.

PM64 Bowser, YI Bowser, SMW Bowser and SM64 Bowser.

Actually PM64 had the best boss fights, even if they were easy a few times.

i ilke tordrift in smo because the music bops and its in wooded kingdom and you capture an uproot
actually the bosses in smo are pretty neat in general. broodals less so but they seem to be designed around being able to be beaten super fast if youre skilled enough and thats epic

What's neat, is all the Broodals disappear into their hats at some point, and I think that's a reference to how magicians stereotypically pull rabbits out of hats.

Reactions: zel
This isn't an easy question for me, as Mario bosses hardly stand out, where I even wrote an entire thread being highly critical of them. Like, it's tough to find a stand-out in Mario platform games when you've got games like Kirby, Dynamite Headdy, Cuphead, or Rayman do boss fights better.

I think Yoshi's Island boss fights can get pretty creative though, so that's one aspect of Yoshi's Island I can appreciate, even if they are still ridiculously easy.

I love Elder Princess Shroob though. Final Reqiuem is amazing.

I liked Dark Bowser's boss fight from Bowser's Inside Story, I find it entertaining for some reason.

Back