Cars

MightyMario

The Mightest Mario
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
Talk about anything from characters to lines to just about everything in the Cars franchise!

my favorite pixar films, except for 2 as that one was a churning hot mess

the main plot of it is literally "guy builds up his brand only to sabotage it"

it's also the plot of incredibles 2 and i hate it as it's so stupid and contrived

the main plot of it is literally "guy builds up his brand only to sabotage it"

it's also the plot of incredibles 2 and i hate it as it's so stupid and contrived
I mean everyone has their own opinion when it comes to film, but I thought it was a good film.
(though I was 6 when it came out)

Last edited:
the first cars film was alright, pretty sure i saw it in theatres for my birthday when it came out

i literally haven't had interest in watching the sequels

the first cars film was alright, pretty sure i saw it in theatres for my birthday when it came out

i literally haven't had interest in watching the sequels
The second is good, despite what people say, I havent seen the third one.

Third one was great. I think the whole thing with all these really old movies getting remakes is that the people who loved it when they were young grew up and wrote additional stories they wanted for those movies, if that makes any sense.
Also, Toy Story 4... I loved it, I hated it, it made me cry. That's all I can really say.

I love cars 2 also, the spy stuff and espionage is COOL and the action is COOL, all the bullets shooting, its similar to 007 movies aka james bond.

Ive only seen the first one. And I dont remember the story

So kinda like a fairytale?

Cars 2 is horrible. It was a pretty transparent attempt to try to sell toys rather than tell a good story. Also features a weird amount of violence like torture scenes and even on-screen deaths, but that's a G rating, yeah. There's a lot of exposition yammering on and unexplained plot contrivances. The plot twists make no sense, like the twist is just for a sake of a twist. It also stars that annoying god awful tow truck Mater and try to pretentiously guilt-trip the audience for laughing at him for being the expected comic relief (and not to mention some of the jokes they rely on stereotypes).

I like how the third one just pretended the second one didn't exist.

who's hyped for cars: road trip

also did anyone see the two new shorts on disney +?

Reiterating what I said, Cars 2 is a poor film, reflected by my opinion, which coincides with general critics, audience reaction, and resulting morale drop from the studio. The plotline makes little sense, the twist is forced and convoluted, and the messaging is confusing and self-contradictory. The jokes are not very good, the scenes are not appropriate for a G-rated film or for a Pixar film, a lot of plotlines are just explained away and get lost easily. Also, Mater. It came right after some really emotional and heartfelt movies too, if I recall correctly, after the very good Toy Story 3, and Cars 2's message is something like "it's okay to be yourself" but delivered in a really shallow fashion and in the form of guilt-tripping audience members for having them laugh at comedy scenes. Again, there's probably a reason the characters in the film didn't reappear, not even a mention or cameo, and the plot is just forgotten completely after this film. Only thing going for Cars 2 is special effects, but that's nothing worthwhile because the other films have good special effects too and are expected to look good.

I'm not sure what part of "agenda pushing" was in Cars 3 except for a predictable and a bit forced ending (albeit the ending had potential but how it was pulled off, I didn't like) but if the "agenda pushing" critique amounts to "female character does something important" I don't really want to hear that.

The story in Cars 3 is probably the best story in the franchise and is a topic worth depicting in a kid's movie about eventually failing and not being able to catch up (Rocky did this too). I just didn't like how McQueen's young rival is depicted as a smug asshole to make the thing cartoonish and force an antagonist. Jackson Storm could've just been friendly and likeable, but still competitively better (kinda like people I lost to in Smash friendlies, like they're better than me but they're still super friendly and good sports), and not much would change except it would really focus on age rather than trying to beat an asshole.

Again, while I like the idea that McQueen coaches Cruz, it's not a plausible scenario where she could just enter a competitive tourney and just effortlessly get to 2nd place and do some trick that lands her in first. What would've been a more satisfying ending is that she does surprisingly well, shows potential, but still ends up losing due to inexperience and no training (it's been established very firmly that she didn't join competitive racing due to intimidation), and this could end on a note of a new generation of racer starting out.

Back