Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mii Gunner's outing

• Mii Swordfighter's view of Waluigi's return

• The missing Fighters and the villain reveal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Oh yeah, I adjusted the poll at the top so everyone can now select not one, not two, but your three favorite entries in the story so far! (I know what mine are!)

SO, since World of Plight turns a year old on the fifteenth, I thought that this weekend I might set up an SSBU arena just for fun! If you want to join the fight, let me know so I'm not sitting in an empty arena by myself for like an hour.

It'll be on Saturday, but as for a specific time, I'll announce that tomorrow.

All right! So, as far as a time goes, it should be from 5:00-6:30 CT on Saturday! Like this message and/or respond here if you can join!

I will post more information on what the rules will be and whatnot.

As well as a passkey, so don't miss that.

OK, so details:
The arena will be called "World of Plight" and locked. The passkey to get in is 04726.

The rules will be four-for-all with a max holding of eight. The top two will leave each round and all items and spirits will be off. The FS meter will be on, however. You'll be allowed to pick whatever stage you like and I might set up that chat thingy. I think that's it.

I've had Blitz and another friend of mine confirm joining, and another who might, so we can only take four more people.

To recap all information, tomorrow from 5:00-6:30 CT (That's not a set end time, really.) with the above rules in place.

Just for the heck of it, I'm only going to play as people who wrote me entries. Just FYI.

Well, I think that's it. See you soon!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO WORLD OF PLIGHT!

I can't believe it's been a full year since I started writing for the 'Shroom. (I'm making a big deal about this because it's a big deal to me.) Thank you guys for all the help and support I've gotten!

To celebrate my story's anniversary, I've drawn this special poster featuring (almost) all of the important characters from the past year. Magolor04726 (Wait, that's me!) is on the right, and Toad is posing triumphantly beneath him. Mr. Game & Watch is parachuting in next to Dr. Mario, and Meta Knight, Mii Brawler, and Bowser are at the bottom. Wario shows some muscle above the mysterious alleyway while King Boo creeps into the picture. Above him are the missing Fighters: King Dedede, Luigi, and Isabelle. Waluigi in the bottom right corner with a flashy fire and above it all, The Magic Master oversees everything. And there in the middle, the Smash Ball flares into view bearing the title.
World of Plight Year 1.jpg

(I worked hard on this. Link, Pit, Mario, and Ganondorf unfortunately didn't make it into the picture.)

I hope you've enjoyed the story so far and will enjoy the story from here on out, as well as the picture! (Something HUGE happened! Can't wait for Saturday!)

-Magolor04726, CROWNED Ruler Supreme.

GO READ WORLD OF PLIGHT! RIGHT NOW! SOMETHING HUGE HAPPENED!

Your two new favorite characters will join the World of Plight cast this month!
Foes Approaching.png

plight1​
/plīt/

noun​
a dangerous, difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation.​

Similar:​
predicament, ​sorry condition, ​sad state, ​trouble, ​difficulty, ​mess, ​dire straits, ​extremity, ​bind, ​circumstances, ​situation, ​condition, ​case, ​state, ​dilemma, ​tight corner/spot ​hole, ​pickle, ​jam, ​
fix, scrape

Po and Gary Slack off!.png

(Drawing by The Green Knight, lettering by me. He'll post some concept art for these two in his art thread later, so don't miss that!)

Currently working on WoP.

Quick! Name a Fighter who you'd like to see a short entry by! (Provided they haven't already written one or gone missing of course. Also, it may be tough for me to write about several of the characters, but I'll do my best.)

Ten-four, coming up!
I'm probably gonna completely misinterpret him but whatever.

Yes! I'd love assistance with that! I'll let you know when I need help.

If this post gets ten total reactions, I'll make a diagram/map of what I imagine the Smash campus to look like in this story.

If Hat Kid ever does get in smash, please write an entry for her.
I don't know much about her, so I might need help with information on her. (Personality, references I can make, stuff she normally says, etc. Also, I'm not asking for this information since I likely won't do one by her.)

I'm working on making some YouTube videos for this. Basically the same as the Shmaluigi stories and they'll be on my main channel.

I just finished mapping World of Plight through to the very end. It... honestly surprised me with its length. It'll run for well over a year from now (and maybe a little bit after, too.) But for now... I have some ideas for two other stories I might submit to the 'Shroom and I'll tell you a little about them now.

One idea is a spin-off/sequel/follow-up for World of Plight and it'll basically be about the missing Fighters. (It'll probably be relatively short, and I may even just include this as a regular entry at some point.)
The other idea has minor tie-ins to WoP but is otherwise a totally new story. (I can neither confirm nor deny that we may or may not be heading to Planet Popstar for this one.)
Oh yeah, I also think I might rewrite some WoP stuff and post it in the thread so it, you know, makes more sense in some cases and in general is written better. (I may even add some bonus content. Who knows. I certainly don't.)

BUT, until that day, I hope you keep reading World of Plight and enjoy it!
-Mags

P.S. Be sure to read the 'Shroom next week! Something HUGE has happened!

Back