You forget a thousand things everyday…
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Cosmic Cowboy
Surprised this thread didn't exist yet.

Anyway, talk about the Subscription Service that the Nintendo Switch has.

Yeah so in conclusion...

Case closed.

Ngl I like the SNES games but I barely have want to play them because I've played them before, just like NES. Add some Game Boy (Color), GBA, or GC games and I'll definitely keep my subscription going forward.
And for the love of crap make playing Online with friends a default option going forward. You shouldn't have to patch it in four months after release like SMM2.

At its launch, I was on that "NSO sucks" train, but after thinking about it more and with all the improvements made in the past year, it's really not too bad. Online should still be free, yes, but I feel that the low price combined with the extras that come with it actually make it a good deal. It has flaws, but they're fixing them, slowly but surely.

The reason there isn't this topic is that discussion of Nintendo Switch Online is already done in the Nintendo Switch thread. Since you have posted a topic about it, perhaps I should chime in on my thoughts on it.

I think that the biggest appeal of the Nintendo Switch Online has to be the online play, because the only significant feature to get with it is Cloud Saves (although quite a few games don't support it). If this service worked like PS3 and Vita in which online play is not one of the features of the paid service, I am sure it would be far less popular since quite a number of games are best enjoyed online, especially Splatoon 2, and online play is the prime reason for this service. In this case, it's quite crafty but admittedly strategic that they set up the service under those circumstances. Still though, I felt that it's best to start up the service like what Sony did for PS3/Vita and then prop up the service to be robust, so that it has better features other than cloud saves and it would make for a better offer.

I am glad that Nintendo has a few offerings that made the service worth it, namely Tetris 99 and the NES/SNES Online offerings (and at one time, a game that's completely free to play for a week), but I felt that they should also offer perks economically. By which, I mean that members will have much better discounts compared to the non-payers, like maybe if a game like Breath of Wild is 30% discount normally, for NSO members it's 40% discount. What they did for the Vouchers is not bad, but I felt that it should be more ongoing than that.

I am sure this had to happen sooner or later, and while I vastly prefer a perennially free online service, I can also understand why they had to resort to a subscription service eventually.

Thank you for reading.

About two weeks ago Nintendo of America reuploaded the NSO overview trailer with some slight edits to showcase newer games that use this service. In response to it getting yet another litany of dislikes (gamerant.com), they decided to take it down for once.

Not that anyone would reasonably care about this; I just find it chucklesome. Is there a dictionary synonym for corporate cowardice?

About two weeks ago Nintendo of America reuploaded the NSO overview trailer with some slight edits to showcase newer games that use this service. In response to it getting yet another litany of dislikes (gamerant.com), they decided to take it down for once.

Not that anyone would reasonably care about this; I just find it chucklesome. Is there a dictionary synonym for corporate cowardice?
They've actually reuploaded it before, apparently.

Yay, now Super Mario Party has better online, apparently.

I wish we could get access to more game systems like N64, Game Cube, GBA, Game Boy (Color), 3DS, etc. I also wouldn't mind the original Rampage game even or ports for like Rampage World Tour or whatever from the N64. The Switch is more than capable of handling it so why not use it? I hope someday in any case.

At first I assumed that Nintendo would have added N64, or even any other console, last year. Now I pretty much accepted that there will only be NES and SNES games on the Online service.

Back