Will Bowser EVER get his own game?

A Bowser beat-em-up game would be pretty fun, I have to admit. Run around and beat the crap out of people with nothin' but your fists, your teeth, and your fire breath.

It would be awesome to have him star in a more mature game, tho. A nice, blood-spattered grey-vs-black morality setting,

No no noooo

The only way I can see Bowser getting his own game is if he somehow becomes a full-fledged anti-hero like Wario, which I don't see happening anytime soon. Bowser is meant to be the main villain and antagonist of the Mario series that you constantly face off against, similar to how Eggman usually is with Sonic. Bowser's Inside Story is the closest thing we'll ever get to a Bowser game.

RED said:
Bowsers Inside Story could be classified as a Bowser game, but by that logic so is Super Paper Mario and Mario RPG.
Same answer: it's still that Bowser appears in the traditional SMB theme, but he got more focus in those times. It's not that Bowser has his own story outside the SMB box. That's actually enough if he is considered as an important member of SMB titles.

It so, he probably won't be able to be the bad guy. In fact, I don't recall seeing any game where you play as the bad guy.

Walkazo said:
But it's no no noooo fun without copious amounts of blood! Have you no taste?

I love blood! I'm my own little Plasmavore.

Well, technically, Bowser is an antagonist. It would be hard getting his own game.

RED said:
Bowsers Inside Story could be classified as a Bowser game, but by that logic so is Super Paper Mario and Mario RPG.
Yeah, but Bowser's Inside Story was centered around him a lot more than the other two games were.

Cucurbita Pepo said:
Walkazo said:

Well, technically, Bowser is an antagonist. It would be hard getting his own game.

Tell that to Shadow The Hedgehog.

You should read the first few posts...

Anser said:
Cucurbita Pepo said:
Walkazo said:

When has Shadow ever been a full antagonist?

Even in Sonic Adventure 2, by the end of the story he wasn't really an antagonist anymore.

Anser said:
Cucurbita Pepo said:
Shadow and his companions are now closer to Wario bros: rivals, while Bowser should be Eggman's counterpart. But Eggman seldom plays a hero role in games.

If you say that Bowser already has a position in a main series, it's somewhat correct. Giving him a game equals giving Luigi a Mansion.

SuperLuigiWorld said:
I don't think so. I think Nintendo likes to keep it to the good guys!With the exception of Super Paper Mario
You forgot super mario rpg.

In ttyd there was like a super bowser bros. minigame after you got a crystal star sometimes, where bowser is trying to get to where Mario is to steal the crystal stars or whatever.

They could make a Platformer where bowser is on his way to kidnap the princess and build his castles, but it is very unlikely

SuperLuigiWorld said:
I don't think so. I think Nintendo likes to keep it to the good guys!With the exception of Super Paper Mario

Umm, Wario isn't exactly a good guy.

If Bowser gets his own game, I would like it, but I doubt I'd play it. Super Bowser Bros. is quite funny, though.

Back