Will Bowser EVER get his own game?

Fawful said:
Stooben said:
Interesting.

The second Bowser battle in TTYD was somewhat hard. But that's only because you didn't get a break between fighting Grodus (those annoying little Grodus Xs <_<), and then fighting Bowser...AND Kammy.

Unless you leveled up with Grodus, which I did.

Why are you quoting and responding a 4 year old post?

Baby Luigi said:
Fawful said:
Stooben said:
Interesting.

The second Bowser battle in TTYD was somewhat hard. But that's only because you didn't get a break between fighting Grodus (those annoying little Grodus Xs <_<), and then fighting Bowser...AND Kammy.

Sorry, I don't really look at dates too often.

Fawful said:
Baby Luigi said:
Fawful said:
Stooben said:
Interesting.

I don't either, but you can kinda tell it was an old post without looking at the date

Baby Luigi said:
Fawful said:
Baby Luigi said:
Fawful said:
Stooben said:
Interesting.

I don't either, but you can kinda tell it was an old post without looking at the date

I was looking at the first page of this thread, just to see how it started and such. Didn't realise it started so long ago... God, why am I making up excuses? Yes, I see now it was old, but I didn't know if anyone had mentioned that strategy (level up when beating Grodus), so I just pointed it out.

(And, just in case you couldn't tell, I'm a noob to forums lol)

Fawful said:
(And, just in case you couldn't tell, I'm a noob to forums lol)

Everyone starts out as noobs to forums

If you hang around, you'll get used to it

Stooben said:
Snowstalker said:
SolarBlaze said:
Okay, but would you mind telling me what Mario game (prior to Galaxy or Sunshine) where Bowser was actually hard to beat? As far as I'm concerned, Bowser's easy to beat in EVERY game he's appeared in.

Super Mario 64 (final battle)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Bros. (unless you had a flower)
SMB3 is the only one of those I found difficult.

I found SM64 pretty hard. In fact, it's the only Bowser fight I have trouble with (besides sunshine's glitchy crumbling tub :mad:).

The only time the Bowser fight was hard in Super Mario 64 and that's the final boss fight

I think it would be cool if they made a game from Bowser's point of view where they made it seem like Mario was the villain and when Bowser kidnaps Peach it seems like he's rescuing her.

Carlos said:
I think it would be cool if they made a game from Bowser's point of view where they made it seem like Peach was the villain and when he kidnaps her it seems like he's rescuing her.

You mean if Mario was the villain?

If Peach is the villain, why is he rescuing her?

Peach being the villain (like, she's not possessed or anything) would be interesting

Baby Luigi said:
Peach being the villain (like, she's not possessed or anything) would be interesting

I could see Mario terrorizing the Goombas (by stomping them), who turn to their leader, Bowser, for assistance. I don't know what Peach could do to be a villain, she doesn't seem very threatening. But you're right, it would be interesting...

(Yes I know she has defeated Bowser in Super Princess Peach, and maybe elsewhere, IDK but I couldn't see her appearing to be evil, if you know what I mean)

Fawful said:
I could see Mario terrorizing the Goombas (by stomping them), who turn to their leader, Bowser, for assistance. I don't know what Peach could do to be a villain, she doesn't seem very threatening. But you're right, it would be interesting...

(Yes I know she has defeated Bowser in Super Princess Peach, and maybe elsewhere, IDK but I couldn't see her appearing to be evil, if you know what I mean)
Not so much of a straight-up villain, but if the narration's biased enough, and you've got an audience already rooting for Bowser, making Peach seem like a callous heartbreaker is quite doable. Same with Mario: if you gloss over the fact that Bowser's the instigator of all the Koopa-Mushroom confrontations, the plumber cuts quite the swathe of death and destruction wherever he goes.

But Nintendo doesn't want Mario to be anything but a hero, nor do they want Bowser to be a sympathetic villain (there's only a couple overtly "poor Bowser" scenes even in the games where he's a protagonist, usually about his lost castle), so that's not gonna happen. But his recurring RPG turns as a charismatic anti-hero is better than nothing.

Fawful said:
In this point, it's easy: Peach just got bewitched like PMTT did, and becomes an evil queen. Once Bowser defeats her, she will return normal and nice again.
However, subesries/own games should get more original or independant story, which doesn't feel too relevant or similar with traditional SMB series.

The premise is not to make Bowser a good guy by making other characters (both original or existed ones) evil at the same time, and we don't really have to do that. Like Wario, he just run for his money and doesn't really show to be a totally good guy in his games. He just faces some competitors/partners, not evil bosses.

Solar Blaze said:
Stooben Rooben said:
The only time Bowser would ever get his own game is if he were to somehow be on a mission to rescue Mario, or whatever.

In other words, Bowser would have to become a softy.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the only reason Bowser would help Mario is so he could destroy him, himself. It's kind of like in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door when he once stated that no one's allowed to kidnap Peach without his say-so; he probably feels the same way when it comes to other villains (who aren't affiliated with the Koopa Troop) try to destroy Mario.

Not to mention he just all-around sucks these days.
Super Mario Galaxy would like a word with you, buddy.
You mean that 6-year-old game that still looks very good?

1. The post you're quoting is nearly four years old.

2. Where in that post did I say that Super Mario Galaxy looked bad?

3. Is it me, or are you always singling me out?

Solar Blaze said:
1. The post you're quoting is nearly three years old.

2. Where in that post did I say that Super Mario Galaxy looked bad?

3. Is it me, or are you always singling me out?
I...umm......uhh........*Sigh* I'll just go away now.
*Step step step* <:(

Walkazo said:
He wouldn't become a librarian.

Brain blisters, ya know?
You remind me of my kid sister
She read so much she got a blister
A big one, I mean big, on her brain
What a schnook

I suggest that Bowser get his own spinoff, where he leads his Koopa Kingdom against the same new villain created for the Mario games. Only it would be a darker, violent, badass action game that is the antithesis of the Mario games, and not comical like the Wario games. Something that older, action-game-loving people could enjoy. Shigeru Miyamoto may hate violence in games, but there must be someone at Nintendo that can adapt the Wii U to a more possibly M-Rated game like this. I think it's important to give Bowser a total badass edge to be a potentially M-Rated game, even having become a permanent ally. We could even have enemies that can shoot up towards the giant Bowser and hurt his health points.

So something along the lines of the game you created for April's Fools this year?

Nah, an FPS wouldn't fit Bowser's style.

It would be awesome to have him star in a more mature game, tho. A nice, blood-spattered grey-vs-black morality setting, instead of the happy-go-lucky white-vs-grey Mario games (because let's face it, Bowser's not as evil as he says he is). The only time Bowser wins is when he's up against a worse evil, so it'd make sense to have him up against a nastier foe here too, instead of making Mario the antagonist (although come to think of it, that worked out okay for Donkey Kong Jr.).

Back