Will Bowser EVER get his own game?

Wait a minute, what are you talking about? Were you mocking me in that other thread as well?

Stooben said:
The only time Bowser would ever get his own game is if he were to somehow be on a mission to rescue Mario, or whatever.

In other words, Bowser would have to become a softy.

Actually, they could make a game where you play as bowser and do bad instead of good. Just because someone gets their own game does not mean they have to be the "good guy" in the game.

Most game developers that usually target their games to children and adults (Everyone (6+) usually try to make their players play as a protagonist so young player can have "a positive imagination (thoughts)". They usually think that if they let children play as an antagonist, they will develop "a negative imagination (bad or evil thoughts)" and mimic them. For example, Mario saving the princess is supposed to give children a positive imagination since saving or rescuing someone who is in danger is a good thing to mimic. Nintendo probably thinks Bowser knocking down a fortress with his bare hands and setting it on fire can give children a negative imagination and may lead them to becoming a terrorist or something.

Overall, I think game developers could simply just say DON'T TRY THIS AT ALL!

Nintendo probably thinks Bowser knocking down a fortress with his bare hands and setting it on fire can give children a negative imagination and may lead them to becoming a terrorist or something.
and when they see mario murder several koopas it gives children a negative imagination and leads them to committing genocide right

chillv said:
Actually, they could make a game where you play as bowser and do bad instead of good. Just because someone gets their own game does not mean they have to be the "good guy" in the game.

Most game developers that usually target their games to children and adults (Everyone (6+) usually try to make their players play as a protagonist so young player can have "a positive imagination (thoughts)". They usually think that if they let children play as an antagonist, they will develop "a negative imagination (bad or evil thoughts)" and mimic them. For example, Mario saving the princess is supposed to give children a positive imagination since saving or rescuing someone who is in danger is a good thing to mimic. Nintendo probably thinks Bowser knocking down a fortress with his bare hands and setting it on fire can give children a negative imagination and may lead them to becoming a terrorist or something.

In Mario Kart, everyone is your enemy. Road rage and aggressive attitudes help you win races. In Mario Strikers Charged, knocking characters into electric fences is something you must do to win matches. I wonder how much child terrorists there are now.

Bubble Man said:
Nintendo probably thinks Bowser knocking down a fortress with his bare hands and setting it on fire can give children a negative imagination and may lead them to becoming a terrorist or something.
and when they see mario murder several koopas it gives children a negative imagination and leads them to committing genocide right

Baby Luigi said:
chillv said:

In Mario Kart, everyone is your enemy. Road rage and aggressive attitudes help you win races. In Mario Strikers Charged, knocking characters into electric fences is something you must do to win matches. I wonder how much child terrorists there are now.

Yes, thats just what I mean Babyluigi and Bubbleman. Only game developers like nintendo have those fears. Not saying that they won't include at least some cartoon violence in their games but when they do, they usually put in violence in a way that they know is impossible for children to even try. For example, is it really possible to throw a shell at someone on the road or in a race. Is there really a such thing as electric fences on a soccer course. The only game that nintendo is lenient on with violence or doing crazy stuff is wario ware and super smash bros (From what I've seen). Then again, those games are rated at least E10 or T so they aren't targeted towards young gamers anyway. I think that nintendo wants they're mario games to stay at least appropriate for young children at the ages of 6+. Most game developers that target their games to teens and adults usually don't care about the welfare of younger children if they were to see or play the game.

I overall think that nintendo shouldn't have these fears at all. There are games that have even worse stuff such as gore, swearing and other stuff that I cannot say because its way too inappropriate.

Bubble Man said:

Baby Luigi said:
chillv said:

@Bubbleman Actually, he only steps on them and kicks them off cliffs but to be honest, It's not really possible to do that for real. It especially can't lead to someone committing genocide, maybe animal abuse but not genocide.

@babyluigi 5 words. Those affair are not possible.

Those were some good jokes you too made. Okay my turn.

In wario ware touched there is a microgame where you strip wario of all his clothes, sometimes even until he's naked (but with a leaf covering his "you know what") so basically I wonder if that could lead to children turning into pedophiles or rapists.

Sure they are. Just persuade anyone to install electric fences in soccer fields

And if that don't work, you don't need electric fences. Just some tackling and some round-house kickin'.

A game starring Bowser could have the potential of becoming one of those must-have classics. Yeah, those games that will reach every single Top 10 Games list for the console when its time cycle ends. Kind of like Conker's Bad Fur Day, given how fresh it would be. I mean, you don't get to be the bad guy every day. All this if it's made by a good developer, of course.

coughcoughrarecomebackpleasecoughcough

Owain said:
Think about it. Everyone else has. Your opinions?
I don't say that Bowser would never get his own game, but in your list some others like Toad haven't get it too. And it's not like every character should get a game which would cause infinite loops (Daisy series, Rosalina series, King KRool series.....).

It should be that we can find a new genre of game, theme and backstory that only Bowser fit in and fans would buy it. Like SPP, it's just a substory of NSMB where Peach didn't really get her own story outside the box. Rather than giving them own games, I hope those characters can get more major appearances in existed series.

I'm still rooting for Waluigi to star in marioverse's first FPS game :rolleyes:

Maybe it can be Waluigi and Bowser 8)

Bubble Man said:
Ghostony said:
I'm still rooting for Waluigi to star in marioverse's first FPS game :rolleyes:
Waluigi was not in Yoshi's Safari.

Yoshi's Safari wasn't really an FPS to begin with. It was more like a rail-shooter

Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
Mario, Luigi and Bowser share the starring role.
DUUUUUUUUUH NAMES IN TITLE

TheRedOne said:
Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
Mario, Luigi and Bowser share the starring role.
DUUUUUUUUUH NAMES IN TITLE

The Legend of Zelda says hello.

Plus, we're talking about a game where Bowser is the sole star.

nope. It's the magic of the Mario series.

Yoshiopolis said:
I agree, when Yoshi got his own game it was completely fucked because Mario wasn't the main character.

Luna said:
Yoshiopolis said:
I agree, when Yoshi got his own game it was completely *bleep*ed because Mario wasn't the main character.

It's better in Wario's Woods, where Mario doesn't appear at all

Bowser was a protagonist in SMRPG, SPM and BiS. TTYD also had "Super Bowser Bros." segments. I doubt he'll get a starring role without Mario, though, simply because he's usually the bad guy, and the only time he agrees to do anything good is when he and Mario have a common enemy, thus making Mario still a protagonist.

Fawful said:
Bowser was a protagonist in SMRPG, SPM and BiS. TTYD also had "Super Bowser Bros." segments. I doubt he'll get a starring role without Mario, though, simply because he's usually the bad guy, and the only time he agrees to do anything good is when he and Mario have a common enemy, thus making Mario still a protagonist.

The premise is what Bowser does in most his daily life. In theory, Bowser spent his most life beating Mario and Mushroom Kingdom, it's very hard to think that he have personal schedule without those things. Unless a new enemy catches Browser, forcing Bowser to beat him in that game.

If Mario can appear in a Warioware game, perhaps there is nothing called own games or subseries.

Stooben said:
Interesting.

The second Bowser battle in TTYD was somewhat hard. But that's only because you didn't get a break between fighting Grodus (those annoying little Grodus Xs <_<), and then fighting Bowser...AND Kammy.

Unless you leveled up with Grodus, which I did.

Back