Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

There was a Pokemon 2019 Press Conference, and while the announcements aren't quite earth shattering, there is one interesting announcement of note: Pokemon Home.

unknown.png

Essentially Pokemon Home is the successor to Pokemon Bank, as it has the capability to retrieve Pokemon from not only Pokemon Bank, but also Pokemon GO and the Pokemon Let's Go games. The interesting thing about this chart is that only Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield has a two-way transfer, meaning that Pokemon Home is Gen 8's Pokemon Bank.

Thank you for reading.

The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™ said:
ffs does this mean i have to pay for pokemon home as well as bank??
If you want both services I would assume yes. You could instead transfer all of your Pokemon from bank to home and then stop paying for bank, though.

And so, after the new trailer is posted, we have some new Pokemon! First, the legendaries Zacian (Sword) and Zamazenta (Shield):
fXLn3b9.png

nXt1xVs.png

For other Pokemon, we have:

1) Gossifleur (Grass) with Cotton Down/Regenerator
eqsIrXS.png

2) Eldegoss (Grass) with Cotton Down/Regenerator; Evolves from Gossifleur
wcvveLQ.png

3) Wooloo (Normal) with Fluffy/Run Away
CZLZ1V3.png

4) Drednaw (Water/Rock) with abilities Strong Jaw/Shell Armour
8WpSD7S.png

5) Corviknight (Flying/Steel) with abilities Pressure/Unnerve
iJpGjC7.png

Thank you for reading.

Drednaw and Corviknight are already two additions to my new team

also wooloo you adorable fucker, I might add him to my team as well

I'm undecided on which Legendary is the better one for me.

As for the others, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, and Wooloo will be additions to my growing Pokemon collection!

To me, the biggest surprise was Dynamax, as I was like "WHAT THE FLUSH!?" when I saw the giant Gyarados and then the giant Raichu.

Also Female Trainer throwing the oversized Pokéball was epic.

I hope we get a Corviknight plushie in the future. Instant like. I also like how that turtle looks a lot. The the announced ones so far don't disappoint. People might harp on the sheep for looking generic, but to me, that's what I like about it.

New legendaries look pretty lame though. I'm not really excited for wolves even if wolves are supposed to be England stuff (I think).

about the legendaries - i was thinking about picking up shield because the sword wolf didn't look very appealing, but after seeing the trailer (which wasn't posted here for some reason), he just looked badass with the sword, and i'm thinking about some awesome lore to go along with that

so now i think they both look equally badass after seeing them in the trailer and now i can't decide which one to go for

i'll check out more information before deciding, as some of the pokemon might be version exclusive

I know that not much has been revealed about Zacian and Zamazenta, but does anyone have the feeling that they'll both be Steel/Fighting-types?

i think they'll both have steal, but i doubt they'll have similar typing in their legendaries this generation

it'll probably be something like steel/flying for mr. sword and steel/ground for mr. shield

Wheatley said:
i think they'll both have steal, but i doubt they'll have similar typing in their legendaries this generation

it'll probably be something like steel/flying for mr. sword and steel/ground for mr. shield

At this point though, we don't exactly have any uber-leveled legendaries that are part Fighting-type (excluding mega evolutions). And with Zacian carrying a sword around in its mouth, it would surely qualify for the Steel/Fighting-type combination; Sacred Sword is a Fighting-type attack after all.

that's fair

i still don't think they'll share typing though, it's more likely that only one of them will have steel fighting and the other will have something else

if that's not the case and they actually do share their typing, i get banned from this forum :yoshi:

also how the hell did i misspell steel as "steal"

Wheatley said:
that's fair

i still don't think they'll share typing though, it's more likely that only one of them will have steel fighting and the other will have something else

if that's not the case and they actually do share their typing, i get banned from this forum :yoshi:

also how the hell did i misspell steel as "steal"

In a way, Zacian would be the offensive Steel/Fighting-type, while Zamazenta would be the defensive Steel/Fighting-type; same HP and Speed, but the offensive and defensive stats would be swapped.

There are also a few revealed characters in that trailer.

First, we have the Champion Leon, who is purportedly the champion. It's pretty unusual that they revealed the Champion early, and not in the "we didn't say so-and-so is the Champion, but they are in fact the Champion" sort of way. The reveal is surprisingly quite direct, so I am reserving a possibility that there might be a twist in the end:
490px-Sword_Shield_Leon.png

The next is your rival Hop, who is the younger brother of the Champion Leon. You can tell they are related due to sharing some facial and physical similarities:
166px-Sword_Shield_Hop.png

Following these two, we have the designated professor of the region, Professor Magnolia. Unlike Juniper from Unova, Professor Magnolia is an old lady, which is a first. Unlike Juniper, there is no senior for said professor (if you don't know, Cedric Juniper is the father of Prof. Juniper).
209px-Sword_Shield_Professor_Magnolia.png

What Magnolia has is a granddaughter, so Professor Oak's not the only one who has a featured grandchild. Here's Sonia, who is an assistant to her grandmother. This sounds pretty similar to Gary Oak's relationship with his grandfather in the anime.
277px-Sword_Shield_Sonia.png

Finally, the game has Gym Leaders, and one of them is Milo, who has some hunkish body proportions. While his bodybuilder built is often commented on, what I find amazing about him is that, like Cilan of Unova, he has sclera that matches his skin.
310px-Sword_Shield_Milo.png

Thank you for reading.

Leon looks really dumb, even if I understand the look they're going for it's still just so bad. why is your stupid facial hair a different colour to your actual hair. Dog with knife is my favourite between the two doggos. Milo's shoes are actually portals into another dimension. I don't care for the big mode but it looks like it might be a gym/raid only thing so that's fine. Pokemon revealed are fine, I like Corviknight the most but I don't see myself wanting to use it when I actually play.

Back