Are there any spirits you think they chose the wrong character to represent?

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
Tamagon's a big one for me. Everything about him makes it clear that he was a predecessor to Yoshi, right down to them making the exact same sound when they hatch. So why did they use tiny Ridley instead? Also, it's kind of a shame they didn't have the 3DS Pac-Man stage to use for the battle.

Also, the Blanka battle should have involved Pikachu in some capacity. Even in Ryu's classic mode, I'm not sure Donkey Kong's the best match.

Idk... Haven't played much spirit battles yet...

However, as an active user of the Lilina spirit, I can say that Zelda would've been more fitting than Palutena. Especially considering Lilina is daughter of a marquess, royal figure, pretty much like Zelda's a princess.

Why is Smoky Progg Mario? We already have a playable frog in the game (Greninja)

I've seen many bad representations for spirits (I have half of the spirits at this point), but in particular my sister threw a fit when I did the Arceus battle...because he's represented by Corrin. I will say that that's a pretty bad representation.

But it's not all bad. I always joked that Revali and Falco were one and the same, and Smash proves that they indeed are! Now for Ganon to be represented by Falco (because I also like to joke that Revali = Ganon).

King Dedede said:
I've seen many bad representations for spirits (I have half of the spirits at this point), but in particular my sister threw a fit when I did the Arceus battle...because he's represented by Corrin. I will say that that's a pretty bad representation.

The idea is that Corrin's dragon form resembles Arceus

I thought Dedede would be a better fit for King Knight because Dedede has the spankin' coat too.

Pheromosa said:
King Dedede said:

The idea is that Corrin's dragon form resembles Arceus
I just like hilarity of God being represented by fucking Corrin

I like God being represented by a goat stuck in a fence

Plenty, but I can't remember who they were at the moment. But I've also caught onto the cleverness of some of their portrayals. I even wondered if, for the newcomers, they designed some of the alts specifically to go with a certain spirit. Cause sometimes the newcomer used is just perfect for the spirit.

tfw Fire Flower spirit exists but not the fucking primary character alt for it

They went with female Corrin's black-haired alt for Camilla's spirit instead of, you know, the purple-haired one.

Donkey Kong representing some black guy from Punch Out as well as Diddy Kong representing some black guy from...another game I don't know.

I know why they picked those monkeys to represent them but it does have rather unfortunate unintended undertones that some people may pick up from it :F

donkey kong is mr sandman because both are hard hitting punchers, and also donkey kong was in punch-out

as for diddy kong as dee jay, i can see a little connection in that dee jay is a cheerful guy who loves music and dancing, and diddy kinda fits that style, especially considering his guitar based attack in donkey kong 64 and appearance in the rhythm based donkey konga.

not quite the question thats in the topic title, but i remember thinking that the fly and swatter assist would have been a good fit for the buzz buzz battle

Wait a minute. If Mr. Game & Watch basically turns into Stanley for the bug spray attack, couldn't the Stanley battle have been against a G&W favoring that move? And on that same train of thought, why doesn't G&W turn into Donkey Kong Jr. when using the key attack?

Baby Luigi said:
Donkey Kong representing some black guy from Punch Out as well as Diddy Kong representing some black guy from...another game I don't know.

I know why they picked those monkeys to represent them but it does have rather unfortunate unintended undertones that some people may pick up from it :F
oh wait i misread your post, i thought you said you didnt know why

Because Prince Peasley are both sexy anime princes.

In my eyes that's good, but if you had Luigi show up alonside him, that would be even better

it's pretty weird that the dice block was Mario instead of Game & Watch favoring Judge. Probably a few more I ran into during WoL that I thought were a bit off, but that one stands out to me the most since it's from the recent event.

Probably because there's already a Judge spirit and there would be considerable overlap? Still would've made more sense...

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
Question: Why is Prince Peasley represented by Marth? Why not Weegee?
Or a Mii Swordfighter with the Prince's hairpiece that fits Peasley's aesthetic perfectly. Luigi should've definitely been in the battle though helping out his boyfriend

The only one I can think of atm is Candy Kong being represented by red Bayonetta instead of Zero Suit Samus in either of her last 2 alternate costumes

tamagon stood out to me too. wasnt yoshi inspired by tamagon? why ridley?
anyway besides that i cant recall anything

Oh yeah, Ridley looks more like Rajaion than Charizard does. Ashnard's battle should've had Ganondorf and Ridley, then...

Although Idk if that would've made it harder or easier than it already is, so I guess I could be thankful.

Back