Countdown to Ultimate Finale: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Who is your favorite newcomer from Ultimate?

• 4e. Dark Samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13e. Daisy

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 25e. Chrom

• 60e. Ken

• 64. Inkling

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 65. Ridley

• 66. Simon Belmont

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 66e. Richter Belmont

• 67. King K. Rool

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 68. Isabelle

• 69. Incineroar

• 70. Piranha Plant

• 71. Joker

• 72. Hero

• 73. Banjo & Kazooie

• 74. Terry Bogard

• 75. Byleth

• 76. Min Min

• 77. Steve

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 78. Sephiroth

• 79-80. Pyra/Mythra (Interchangable)

• 79. Pyra

• 80. Mythra

• 81. Kazuya

• 82. Sora

• Total voters
squid kids my choice

Plant is still my favorite so far.

Top pick's Chrom for me, even though that's kind of cheating since he's just another variant of the classic Marth moveset. After him would be Simon and then Ridley.

It's been more then a week since the release of Hero! Has he impressed to become your new favorite?

I'm still on Inkling right now, but I think Banjo might be an actual challenge when he releases. (Banjo won't be up on the poll until a week after he releases. Though feel free to tentatively say Banjo will be your new favorite)

On a side note, the forum change has kind of helped with polls. You no longer have to entirely restart the polls when adding a new choice. (Though I suppose on the down side you can't make new polls yourself in the same thread. Unless if you're a mod I assume). And if you voted last time you don't have to vote again, but if you had a change you can freely change your vote.

After extensive playing with each newcomer since I got the game, I can honestly say that right now, my favorite is K. Rool. He may not be the "best" of the newcomers but I always have fun goofing around as him.

Banjo has been added to the poll!

And with that, I also think Banjo has become my new favorite newcomer of this game. I've never been a longtime fan of the Banjo games, but this inclusion just feels right after so many years and the seeming impossibility of it because of Microsoft's grasps on Rare. The moveset they have is simple and feels right at home among the 64 and/or Melee characters. Fitting of a character that still feels like they are part of that pantheon of Nintendo characters and franchises from the eras that the first two games represented..

I think I've become a Banjo main now. Playing as him feels so good, especially with the down throw and the side special. Sonic was my main before, but I guess he works as my secondary, as I still really enjoy playing as him.

I gotta say, only 3 DLC characters have stuck with me: Banjo, Terry, and (so far) Byleth. Byleth is really fun to play, Banjo I like due to him being the only cartoony character (and he has a good moveset imo). Terry is also really fun. Joker and Hero were big on my list before but I think that was just after-release hype. The same may happen with Byleth though so we'll see.

My answer is still a hard Banjo. He's the single high point of the DLC for me and, at least in my opinion, the only DLC that's actually worth buying (I mean I guess there's Terry too but he never interested me specifically).

All Fighter Pass characters provided me with unintentional humor in the game concerning their mods and whatnot.

Joker finds himself unintentionally vaporized by us as a teammate in team battles. Loves being blown up and working for UPS.

Hero is an ice cream man who has every single one of his MP menu named after Baskin-Robbins flavors. If you want to consume all your MP and blow everyone up, select the "Fruit Overload" option or if you want to commit suicide, pick the "Banana Split" one.

Banjo has distorted, pitchshifted, multiple guh-huh, death and Star KO noises and loves saying how much he's Banjo.

Terry brought his amazing King of Fighters stage, which remains to be my favorite new stage in the game.

Byleth is a goofy, cartoony Russian dude who likes saying "Blyat" and "cirnaya blyat taryelka" (for the male counterpart) and makes cartoony noises and "Blyaaaaaa" when he dies while the female one is equally as cartoony and goofy as the male one with an intense scream and likes saying "nyet" over and over again.

Ya I'm like "OMG I love Byleth now".

I'm really proud of us two having to put value and a lot of fun in something a lot of other people didn't. I initially didn't, but we spun it into a positive thing.

Well, when it comes to switch modding, what's the barrier you're facing?
For Switch in particular, it's really just the risk of getting your console banned (which I especially don't want, being an NSO subscriber) and there being no known way to unban it. I haven't had a whole lot of incentive to either, seeing as I already have a homebrewed Wii and Wii U.

But what I really mean is, in general, I just don't really have the knowledge or experience required to make elaborate mods. Really the only mods I know how to do myself are text and music mods. I've wanted to be able to create my own graphics mods for quite a while, but from what I've seen it's a pretty advanced process and I can't quite understand it.

Ya I'm like "OMG I love Byleth now".

I'm really proud of us two having to put value and a lot of fun in something a lot of other people didn't. I initially didn't, but we spun it into a positive thing.

Join the FE side, LGM.

Well I can't get over some bad character design. I'm not fond of how designers have a tendency to remove armor in weird places (F!Byleth is... no). I thought Fire Emblem was reowned for tasteful armor but guess not.

F!Byleth's design isn't a usual one. There's some pretty cool armors.

Terry might actually be my third favourite newcomer (behind King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie). He's a lot of fun to play, to the point where I've learned how top perform command inputs. He has a unique stage that's far better then any walk-off stage, and having 50 songs also helped. I've managed to learn a lot about fighting games because of him, and the music of SNK games.

Overall, I think the Fighter's Pass was worth it. Three characters that brought great music and were fun to play, one of which is from one of my favourite games, and another had a unique stage and got me to learn about a genre of game I didn't know much about previously. The low point for me was Byleth, but I'm not going to let that ruin a brilliant set of DLC.

Oh yeah, Terry's stage is definitely great. I usually hate stages without pits because they tend to have walk-offs but they managed to make it work here. His was definitely the best stage in the DLC.

The breaking walls is so much hilarious and fun in 8-player Smash, I love the extra sound effects and how the characters freeze in place before dying.

Them freezing in place is them having flashbacks of their entire lives before the train of thought crashes.

Back