What are you doing in Mario atm?

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
Personally, I've been hitting all the cyberscore.com WRs for Captain Toad! I've gotten all the Episode 1 WRs, and I'd reccomend you try it out, its really fun! I've also been playing through Super Mario Sunshine again, with the bare minimum Shines to fight Bowser. Also, I've been doing some New Super Mario Bros. Wii hacking, with Reggie!, in anticipation for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

What have you been at?

I've listened to cops shoot Waluigi to death in the Mission Row Police Station.

I've been trying to collect the Gold Parts in Mario Kart 8. I finally collected the Gold Kart, and I'm really close to the Gold Glider as well! I'm also working towards the Gold Tires.

I've also been replaying Mario Party 8 lately, and it's a lot more fun than I remember. I played some of the Star Battle and watched the AI make some dumb moves.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
I've been trying to collect the Gold Parts in Mario Kart 8. I finally collected the Gold Kart, and I'm really close to the Gold Glider as well! I'm also working towards the Gold Tires.

I've also been replaying Mario Party 8 lately, and it's a lot more fun than I remember. I played some of the Star Battle and watched the AI make some dumb moves.

I have Gold Mario, Gold Kart, Wheels, and I gave up on the Glider because griiiiiiiiiiind

I'm replaying colour splash

Parakoopa144 said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:

I have Gold Mario, Gold Kart, Wheels, and I gave up on the Glider because griiiiiiiiiiind
I'm playing the Wii U version, and the unlock requirements are slightly different from Switch.

-Gold Glider doesn't require the DLC cups on Wii U, but it does on Switch.

-You have to get 10,000 coins for the Gold Glider in the Wii U version, as opposed to the 5000 required on Switch. Yeah, that means twice as much grinding on Wii U! Ugh.

-Similarly to the Gold Kart, DLC is not required to unlock the Gold Tires on Wii U. Alternatively, those ultimate grinders can opt out and collect 15,000 coins instead on Wii U (but who would even bother).

-Gold Mario does not unlock on Wii U.

Ultimately, it's slightly easier to get the Gold Kart and Gold Tires on Wii U. But if you thought the Gold Glider was a grind on Switch, guess again.

The unlock requirements for the Gold Standard in Mario Kart 7 is unadulterated misery (you need 20,000 coins to unlock it) and I don't think any of the devs playtested to see how long you need to spam Grand Prix cups to get it.

It's softer in Mario Kart 8 despite still a large number because of multiplayer races counting, "only" 10,000 coins, and the fact you can race in more than 4 race-tracks at a time before you're forced to go through menus again and that crap.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
The unlock requirements for the Gold Standard in Mario Kart 7 is unadulterated misery (you need 20,000 coins to unlock it) and I don't think any of the devs playtested to see how long you need to spam Grand Prix cups to get it.

It's softer in Mario Kart 8 despite still a large number because of multiplayer races counting, "only" 10,000 coins, and the fact you can race in more than 4 race-tracks at a time before you're forced to go through menus again and that crap.
Oh...I haven't played MK7. I've wanted to get it, though. But that grinding sounds like pure evil.

I played as my most hated characters and yes, Yoshi for a while, just to cure the boredom I was undergoing, that's how I remembered that experience.

In MK8, I'm not really grinding. I just play and collect coins naturally...mostly from multiplayer races. And now I have about 9700 coins.

But MK7 seems like you HAVE to grind to get the Gold Glider.

i've spent some time over the last couple of days replaying super mario 3d world
gonna aim for all green stars, stamps and gold flags (but not beat every level with each character because thats dumb and doing that once five years ago is enough for me)

Ghostly Yoshi said:
In MK8, I'm not really grinding. I just play and collect coins naturally...mostly from multiplayer races. And now I have about 9700 coins.

But MK7 seems like you HAVE to grind to get the Gold Glider.

Yep, 10,000 coins to get it. The Gold Standard required you get 15,000 coins, but luckily, it's actually the easiest tire to get because all you need is at least one star ranking in all races (and stars aren't all too hard to get in Mario Kart 7 and 8, unlike Mario Kart Wii). Naturally, you might get the Gold Glider fairly easily just because of normal gameplay of driving through and unlocking everything you need but with some egregious grinding on top of it, but when you need to get the Gold Standard, it's like replaying the game again, but with no sense of progression whatsoever.

So in turn, you start playing as characters you never play as because at least it's a different experience.....

oh and also, there's getting 10000 VR if you wanna the alternative way to unlock the Gold Standard which is probably just as bad as a grind.

thank goodness the gold standard isn't tied behind a microtransaction because it seems utterly ripe for that

Got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last week, currently just trying to win a bunch of cups in 150cc

I love the idea of a super cool, ultra secret Golden Car unlockable, but it shouldn't be so tedious. Why not have it like this.....
Gold Standard: 3 Star all Cups
Gold Wheels: Beat all 150cc Time Trials
Gold Glider: 3 Star all Missions

just bring back mission mode already

Parakoopa144 said:
I love the idea of a super cool, ultra secret Golden Car unlockable, but it shouldn't be so tedious. Why not have it like this.....
Gold Standard: 3 Star all Cups
Gold Wheels: Beat all 150cc Time Trials
Gold Glider: 3 Star all Missions

just bring back mission mode already
I dunno, three stars on every cup is a bit much. At least one star should be required, like what they already do.

3 months ago: Waiting....
2 months ago: ...waiting....
1 month ago: .....nah, they're not releasing any worthwhile SMO DLC.

Internally: ............waiting.......

Being honest, haven't played much recently.

Last thing I did in an official game was collect the 120th star in Mario Galaxy before beating Bowser and unlocking Luigi, but if we're talking unofficial games...

I'm currently playing a SMBX episode called New Great Castle Adventure and have something like 88 stars out of 95 required to beat the game.

"The good edition"

:P

I just beat all the 200cc staff ghosts in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. With all kart parts unlocked, now there's literally nothing left to do in the game.

The hardest record to beat was the yellow puppy in Ribbon Road. I'd say more about it but it's unlike me to curse :(

I can say it for you.

What's even better, we can rustle up someone's jimmies in this forum.

That little yellow bitch can go fuck herself.

(ya hear that Koops!?!?!?!?)

Back