Luigi's Mansion 3

First 18 minutes. Basically just the opening cutscenes.

Something about King Boo stealing the Mario bros catch phrase amuses me.

tbh everytime I watch gameplay footage of LM3 I kinda regret it because I wanna see all that stuff for myself when I play the game. It looks gorgeous!

I always do enjoy a good game over screen.

My sister and I have been playing this game for quite some time since we got it on release date and we've found it extremely enjoyable so far, and I dare say it's my favorite of the Luigi's Mansion games. I've gotten into the game without watching any sort of gameplay footage whatsoever, playing it blind, which I tend to do. It pretty much plays like a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon sequel than anything else but I'm okay with that since I really liked Dark Moon much more than the original game; in fact, generally speaking it's pretty much typical Luigi's Mansion stuff but with extra moves, but I've always wanted more Luigi's Mansion stuff so that's great.

Local co-op with my twin is a god-bless feature to have thanks to Gooigi. We both have plenty of fun exploring around the hotel, even though my sister tends to constantly stick the plunger on my head and multiple lolz attempts to spawn in the rain only to melt down.

The game oozes with charm, and you most see it in the opening cutscene. Characters are extremely expressive, and I love the subtle stuff you find in the character's rooms such as Red Toad being a golfer, Blue Toad liking music, and Yellow Toad loving dessert, and of course, Mario having a love of food. When I destroyed their luggage in their rooms (naturally), this is my only reaction to what's inside them.

Which I think makes the lack of dialogue from Mario and Luigi all the more jarring. I know it's been...Mario series tradition to sometimes not give them dialogue, sometimes do, and it's consistent from Luigi's Mansion games and in general to have characters speak their thoughts but christ sometimes I wish they drop it because it ultimately acts pointless when the characters they're talking to just speak out their thoughts anyway (it wouldn't be any less awkward if Luigi directly told E. Gadd, "My friends are still in the mansion, we should stay!" rather than E. Gadd just repeating what he "said". They even gave Peach a one-liner in the opening that she could even not have spoken dialogue at all.

Which I think makes the lack of dialogue from Mario and Luigi all the more jarring. I know it's been...Mario series tradition to sometimes not give them dialogue, sometimes do, and it's consistent from Luigi's Mansion games and in general to have characters speak their thoughts but christ sometimes I wish they drop it because it ultimately acts pointless when the characters they're talking to just speak out their thoughts anyway.

Now I haven't played many Mario spin-offs so maybe they have more "dialogue" from the bros than this (besides Paper Mario), but it seems like they gave as much dialogue to Mario and Luigi in this as possible imo. Not necessarily written out words in text boxes, but Mario's "Oh hey bro" and "Ohhh, doggy!" were cute and you could tell what Luigi was saying when he implores E. Gadd to stay in the hotel. "B-b-b-b-b-b-but - M-m-m-m-m-Mario!" is a good line (though I do wish he said something like "P-p-p-p-p-rincess?" when he got out of bed, seems like they're putting all the focus on Mario being kidnapped again. Having one of the D-pad buttons call out "Princess?" would be nice).

Dunno, I know this would probably never happen, but I really wish they took a risk with that part of story-telling with the Mario Bros. imo. I don't mind the little quips Luigi makes in the game but I miss moments where, like, in the first Luigi's Mansion game, Luigi actually has written dialogue to himself and I appreciate that sort of thing.

That scene with Mario at the food area almost makes up for the lack of dialogue. Not like Mario has much screen time before he gets turned into a beautifully rendered masterpiece anyway.

This game is the best of the three Luigi's Mansion games. I also love the animations, they're among the Mario series' best

Amen to that, I dare say that alongside BotW, this is probably the Switch's best looking game; I haven't even experienced any frame drops and I'm almost to Floor 9, that's an incredible achievement to go over halfway through the main campaign without dropping frames.

This is the first Luigi's Mansion I've played (other than a very brief portion of the original) and I really like it! I just beat the Godzilla boss and spared Morty because he was nice to Luigi. Then the cat ate my elevator button so that's what's next for me to do :P

I really enjoyed how creative the boss battles have been, and the most recent floor having a scene come to life when Luigi looks through the camera (controlling Gooigi) whereas exploring it without the camera it's just a bunch of useless props. That's so cool, and the way you have to carry items between them to eventually be able to burn the web around the megaphone. This game is fantastic!

Bruh. Go play Dark Moon after this.

Did you have a constant urge to shoot Toad off the balcony?

Not interested in getting it but I do love those costumes.

I want to see Nintendo make a Luigi's Mansion game that's actually scary. I don't mean boos and other ghosts that come off as playful, I mean go full Silent Hill...okay to maintain that E10 rating, go HALF Silent Hill? Better? Ok. I want there to be a Luigi's Mansion game to have a psychological edge to it. Something people would never expect when playing a Luigi's Mansion title, or any Mario title in general (Unless it's Super Paper Mario which is the closest to a horror Mario title).

big funny bump

that definitely sounds like something old nintendo would do, but nowadays nintendo doesnt like to make mario "dark"

I mean I guess I was surprised when I saw bowsers fury, so they can surprise me again

That sounds really lame.

Back