Mario Enemies that you would like to see return

You know, I just thought of a Mario enemy that should return: Wario!

Yes, that Wario, where he had never have a villainous role since Super Mario Land 2, and if he does, he should bring Waluigi for the ride too!

Thank you for reading.

You know, now that I'm thinking, Wigglers disappeared for a while, I mean they weren't in ANY game on the Switch so far (exclude Tropical and Mecha Wiggler). They also could've been in Odyssey.

I think it's on par with the Galaxies, actually.

Princess Mario said:
You don't see people besides me exactly clamoring for the cuter Gotchawrenches, do you?

I don't see people clamoring for anyone from WC, and that's sad.

Captain America said:
Is it really? I've always liked the new enemies in galaxy so maybe it wasn't as obvious.
Check the corresponding enemies lists in the wiki, and come to your conclusion.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Galaxy

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Odyssey

Saltman said:
I don't see people clamoring for anyone from WC, and that's sad.
A rice snack thing playable would be dope!

Broozers. Though I saw a Super Mario Party screenshot with a Broozer in a minigame.

i need more of these fellows
150px-Tweeter.jpg

also id like plenty of super mario land 2 enemies to appear elsewhere. like ants and f boys.

Captain America said:
A lot of classic enemies are missing from Odyssey for some reason.
Not quite to the extent of Sunshine, though. Galaxy and Odyssey had Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Piranha Plants, among others. Sunshine didn't even have that, although certain variants did appear (Electro-Koopa, Polluted Piranha).

However, Sunshine and Galaxy had Boos; Odyssey didn't.

Everyone said:
They should make new ones WHILE bringing back old faces.

The recent 3D Marios are creative with new enemies, and some of the older ones have even been brought back from a long hiatus like Charging Chucks, Bullies, and even Ninjis appeared in Super Mario Run, which makes me think they might appear in the next 2D Mario as airship enemies.

I probably should have said this earlier, but in my mind I was thinking about the M&L series when I said that. (We all know how souring Paper Jam was.)

Anyway, for the normal series, I'd like Lakitus in 3D for once. They were in Odyssey, but technically they were Fishing' Lakitus. I loved them in Galaxy 2, just don't know why.

That's because they weren't annoying in that game.

They were even useful... well... the spinies were but still.

Chain Chomplets! How could I forget the subspecies that I literally designed a kart after?
Along with them, literally every other Sunshine enemy that hasn't come back. Especially the Sunshine Bloopers that look so much different from normal Bloopers. They seriously need a distinguishing name.

How about Cataquacks? They appeared in two consecutive 3D Mario games that were unrelated, plus two Mario Kart games. Then they simply vanished! (Toadsworth makes a similar case, although he's not an enemy. And it's understandable since he probably retired from any game appearance due to his age.)

Super Radio said:
How about Cataquacks? They appeared in two consecutive 3D Mario games that were unrelated, plus two Mario Kart games. Then they simply vanished! (Toadsworth makes a similar case, although he's not an enemy. And it's understandable since he probably retired from any game appearance due to his age.)
I'd like to see them in a 2D setting honestly, they've always been 3D enemies, they could be used to reach higher jump-trough platforms (or even a Star Coin) without a jump-enhancing Power-Up by luring them to where you want them to be just like in the 3D games.

However two enemies that I'd really like to return would be the Chuckya or the Heave-Ho:
Chuckya64.png
180px-DSHeave-ho.PNG

They could be used both in a 3D and a 2D game: in a 3D one they'd both work exactly like they did in Super Mario 64 and Super MArio 64 DS; in a 2D one the Chuckya could try to folow you around and try to pick you up for throwing you either left or right, while the Heave-Ho could fling you on the opposite direction that it's facing and instead of following you it'd just go left and right and turn near edges like a red Koopa.
I think they'd make neat obstacles in a 2D game if accompanied with short spiky pits around them.

Honestly, I see either the Heave-Ho or Cataquack return, but only one of them since they share the same behavior. And Cataquack is more likely given the fact that it's a tad bit more popular.

They do have their differences, though. Cataquacks toss their victims straight up, while Heave-Hos toss their victims backwards in an arc.

Cataquacks should return someday. But not annoying. The Mad Piano from Mario 64 too, but not as scary as there (I believe the pianos, Chain Chomps and MawRays were scary in that game because of the low quality)

Miles Tails Prower said:
Cataquacks should return someday. But not annoying. The Mad Piano from Mario 64 too, but not as scary as there (I believe the pianos, Chain Chomps and MawRays were scary in that game because of the low quality)

You may have a point, since the low quality makes every object less distinguished, so I can see how a Mad Piano would behave differently in a more modern game, likely getting a newer look and slight movements to give it away. I do wonder if introducing the piano now would be less scary, only because if Mad Piano were to be introduced now, they will be met with more suspicion given how the Mad Piano itself is well-known among Mario fans at this point.

Thank you for reading.

The Mad Piano is in Mario Party 8 as a background element remember?

Albeit minus the teeth.

It's also in the minigame specter inspector, if you count a piano that plays itself a Mad Piano.

Isn't that more of a Kirby enemy though? Unless Gordos already appeared in Mario and I'm not aware of it.

Back