Mario Enemies that you would like to see return

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
While I did find that there is already an existing thread on this subject, I imagine that the responses might be different compared to the last time it was asked. As an example, Chargin' Chucks was one of the enemies that people liked to see returned, and now they do! Besides, we have new people since that time so they could provide a new perspective on things.

I will start with a few of my own:
- Cataquack
- Chuckya
- Mouser
- Triclyde
- Rex (the dinosaurs from Super Mario World)
- Electrogoomba

Thank you for reading.

I want Tweeters to return. I also want:

-Scuttlebugs
-Skeeters
-Lil' Brr/Cinder
-Ninjis (ok they were in Mario Run but that was one game)
-Whomps, they have been gone for a little while.
-Koopatrols, Mario Pinball was their only non-Paper Mario Appearance.

Bosses:

-Mecha Bowser
-Eyerok (ok there was an the snow ogre in Mario Tennis Aces, but Eyerok himself was gone in a while.)
-Mouser
-Super Mario 3D World bosses, like Hysstocrat, King Ka Thunk, Moltey Bossblob.

Any enemy from the first 3 Paper Mario games in particular. But RPG enemies in general, they had some nice designs that shouldn't be put to waste. This applies to bosses/villains too, but everyone's grandmother knows that opinion of mine by now lol.

Rex should be used more often. It was in the Superstar Saga remake but no recent original appearances afaik. Also the Amazing Flying Hammer Bro. Preferably in a 3D game. SMB2's bosses as well of course, particularly Wart, and Tatanga because why is nothing from Super Mario Land 1 except Daisy (who if I'm being brutally honest, got all her unique attributes from later games and was just a Peach stand-in in SML) ever used in anything?

Shellcreepers. Like the actual Shellcreepers that bite you if you try to stomp on them. (Yes, that's what actually happens in the arcade Mario Bros., you just need to look close enough)

Man, looking through that old thread takes me back.

Anyway, a lot of the Super Mario World enemies. Rex, the Dino Rhinos, and the Jumping Piranha Plants. Angry Suns from SMB3 would also be interesting.

A lot of Paper Mario enemies. Some have big potential to be memorable, like Spania (which doesn't even need a redesign since it's stated in-game that they are made of paper), Magiblots, who could work like Zelda's Wizzrobes counterparts, and as TG stated, Koopatrols.

Seriously, they can borrow so much.

Everyone said:
Magiblots, who could work like Zelda's Wizzrobes counterparts

That's what magikoopas are for.

Well I still think Kammy was a perfect solution to the Magikoopa/Kamek similarity issue. At least maybe give Kamek a red robe like in SMRPG. Magiblots still look cool though so I wouldn't mind them back. I mean how isn't a blob of darkness with glowing eyes freakin' cool?

I thought they were a bit try hard myself.

Princess Mario said:
as well as making Kamek feel generic

Eh, it's not like we've ever had a hard time figuring out which one is him.

Master of Dimensions said:
Well I still think Kammy was a perfect solution to the Magikoopa/Kamek similarity issue. At least maybe give Kamek a red robe like in SMRPG. Magiblots still look cool though so I wouldn't mind them back. I mean how isn't a blob of darkness with glowing eyes freakin' cool?

Exactly.

Honestly, they're the only Super Paper Mario exclusive who don't look stupid.

Well yeah, but I was talking about enemies...

Ok Floro Sapiens aren't bad when you put it that way.

Neither are Underhands. They're cool too.

They're not necessarily bad, most of them are just... dope-looking. Take the Boing-Oings, Pigarythms and Muths. Imo these are the derpiest things in the game.

Oops, forgot BoneChill. While the boss fight is easily the worst in the game, you can't deny that a lot was put into his design. Even the Death animation seemed more developed than the fight itself. Honestly I would've preferred it if they either gave him a bigger amount of HP or just didn't allow to spam Luigi's jump. Tried the method where you throw icicles at him, and it's actually a fun alternative.

Am I the only one who thinks that they should make new enemies instead of recycling old ones?

Of course, I do have old favorites, like Cataquack, who I'd love to see in a 2D game.

They should make new ones WHILE bringing back old faces.

The recent 3D Marios are creative with new enemies, and some of the older ones have even been brought back from a long hiatus like Charging Chucks, Bullies, and even Ninjis appeared in Super Mario Run, which makes me think they might appear in the next 2D Mario as airship enemies.

About Kamek's lack of design difference from other Magikoopas, I figure they should go with something like his cloak from Super Princess Peach. It lets him have a suitably "wizard" addition to his design without making too major in changes.

Saltman said:
Sorry, but

2163851-trophy279.png

is far superior.

Poor Eggplant Man. He's way too underrated.
You don't see people besides me exactly clamoring for the cuter Gotchawrenches, do you?

Moldomré said:
Am I the only one who thinks that they should make new enemies instead of recycling old ones?
They make new enemies all the time.

It's just that a whole deal of them are one-offs. The day Cluckboom, Choppah, or Flaptack make a triumphant return, wake me up.

Bring back anything.

Bring back anyone.

But leave the fucking Choppahs forgotten in space, fate that they deserve.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Ninjis.

haven't seen those in a while.

matter of fact, bring back the SMB2 enemies.

At this point, I think Ninjis will come back. They already do appear in the recent Paper Marios, and their Super Mario Run appearance only further cements their place in the Marioverse, and I am now kinda convinced that they will show in NSMB Switch (or whatever 2D game is there). Welcome home, brothers...

As for other SMB2 enemies, if they ever want a Scarfy equivalent, they need to get Phanto back. I really like that enemy's design depsite the fact that it's a mask. Albatoss should be back too, tossing Bob-Ombs. Bob-Ombs made it to modern Mario, so if they want something to throw Bob-Ombs at you that is not a cannon, they could get that. Sadly I doubt they would return considering ParaBombs exist.

Everyone said:
As for other SMB2 enemies, if they ever want a Scarfy equivalent, they need to get Phanto back.
Oh, but Phanto came first. Kirby then had Hunter Scarfy, which behaved extremely similar to Phantos.

latest

Back