DK is not exactly a Mario character

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
Welp... it's official. It's explicitly stated now in Mario + Rabbids that Donkey Kong lives in a separate dimension from Mario.

36222534_1700094240046418_2437216253387997184_o.jpg

"Somwhere in another dimension", written white on black.

It seems to be the first ever clear statement regarding DK's connection to Mario's world, rather than implications such as DK appearing in spin-off titles, the Country references in Odyssey or the Chained Kongs in SMRPG. I was always convinced both worlds are the same and occupy the same planet...

Personally, I don't agree with the sudden change. It just gives some Donkey Kong purists a reason to blow their own trumpets. What are your thoughts on this?

I'd honestly take the "another dimension" thing as a joke. Mario + Rabbids already has a lot of far-fetched implications as it is.

Any reason to claim that the DK franchise is separate from the Mario franchise is good in my book.

Every Mario game takes place in its own dimension.

Everyone said:
I'd honestly take the "another dimension" thing as a joke. Mario + Rabbids already has a lot of far-fetched implications as it is.

Perhaps.

Propeller Knight said:
Any reason to claim that the DK franchise is separate from the Mario franchise is good in my book.

Why?

Princess Mario said:
Every Mario game takes place in its own dimension.

This is the correct answer.

I wouldn't think too hard about it.

I imagine the set up in Mario + Rabbids is used because the DK stuff is a paid DLC, which means not everybody would have it. The setup makes it so that there aren't any hooks in the main adventure that necessitate completing the DK parts. I also won't take it too seriously, given how the Rabbids messed with the world anyway.

The only thing I am not sure is how Rabbid Peach managed to get together with the group, since Rabbid Peach is the only one of the original 8 that follows the group in that adventure (here's your chance to explain it, people who seen the DLC's story!).

Thank you for reading.

Back