So where the hell is DK JR?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Cranky said lots of times he's the grandpa of DK, and that he's the original DK. That means that DK JR is his son and the modern DK's father :dk: .

But... where is DK JR now? is he just missing, or dead? He hasn't been seen for like 20 years or something.

DK-Jr.png

Weird right?

He's been replaced by Diddy Kong, pretty much. Diddy Kong's original intention was to even be a redesign of Donkey Kong Jr. Even his pre-release data from Mario Kart: Double Dash confirms it.

My headcanon for him has always been a harpy eagle killed him.

this character is dead and buried underground deep deep deeeeeeeeeep down.

i wonder why people choose to forget this for 2 seconds.

He's the current DK as far as I'm concerned.

I see Cranky as DK's father and not grandfather.

Mr. Saltman said:
What a weird headcanon
It was because I saw an animal book and I saw an illustration of a harpy eagle attacking a monkey, and the monkey's position reminded me of DK Jr.'s trophy pose in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The image stuck for me.

NINTENDO64--Donkey%20Kong%2064_Jul12%2023_24_05.png

He's his father.

Pink Donkey Kong Jr. killed him (and then formed a wacky heist duo with Blue Bowser)

DK lives with his grandpa Cranky. He should have been living with his dad DK JR. But maybe Mario killed him or something. So this might be the reason he kidnaps Pauline in the Mario Vs DK series.

Mcmadness said:
He's his father.

I fully support this; unfortunately, DK64 is the only game where DK is said to be Cranky's son. The Cranky > Donkey Jr. > Donkey lineage just overcomplicates things and leaves us with a lot of questions. It really shouldn't be quantum physics. It's a fictional, barely used lineage and Nintendo can retcon it at anytime, yet they are still ignorantly adamant about Cranky being Donkey's grandpa...

My thoughts on the matter are in this mindless junk thread, sorry guests.

EDIT: Man I can do better here's the same information but less of a disgrace.
KgBfGCQ.png

He's only his dad in DK64. In everything else he's his grandpa, so I think it was a mistake.

Obviously it was a mistake but I hate unnecessary extras so it's my headcanon.

I believe DK JR. is the current DK and is the son of Cranky Kong, mainly because of the fact that DK JR. appeard in Super Mario Kart but was replaced by DK in other Mario Kart games.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
I believe DK JR. is the current DK and is the son of Cranky Kong, mainly because of the fact that DK JR. appeard in Super Mario Kart but was replaced by DK in other Mario Kart games.
Same, either that or he got replaced by Diddy Kong or Kiddy Kong, most likely the former.

On the other hand the grandparent theory would not explain the canon from the current Mario the Jumpman and Pauline, unless the ones from the original arcade game were actually their grandparents. But since Miyamoto didn't say add this to explain Pauline's role today, I assume the grandparent theory is also forgotten now. Stanley is pretty much deleted from the canon just like DKJr.

And put DKJr aside, not sure if future DKC games would have anything to do with DK's unknown father.

Dorayaki said:
On the other hand the grandparent theory would not explain the canon from the current Mario the Jumpman and Pauline, unless the ones from the original arcade game were actually their grandparents.

That's why (one of the crazy Mario) fan theory(ies), that Jumpman and Mario are not the same character, was born.

Mcmadness said:
NINTENDO64--Donkey%20Kong%2064_Jul12%2023_24_05.png

He's his father.
Nah, some grandparents just call their grandsons "son" or "sonny". In reality, Cranky has always been the grandfather of the current DK.

Here's my headcanon for the original DK game:

Mario (Jumpman) was a crazy 8-year-old kid who had adopted Cranky (DK) as his pet gorilla. Cranky is over 50 and already has a son at this point, despite Mario's young age. He treated Cranky badly simply because he was young and didn't know any better. He always dreamed of being a carpenter, even though he eventually decided against it. Cranky was tired of Mario's insanity, got cranky (pun intended), and captured Mario's closest friend, Pauline (Lady).

Soon after, Mario put a stop to Cranky's madness, and punished him for his actions. He had a very cruel and unusual form of punishment. So when Cranky's son came and tried to help him...Mario was trying to electrocute him. Poor guy. Anyway, DK Jr. eventually saved Cranky, and the two of them soon ran away from Mario's torture. They eventually met Stanley, but that's a different story entirely.

Before long DK Jr. had a son of his own. This Kong was named DK III, the current DK. Mario and Pauline were about 17 at this point. And by the time Mario turned 26, DK was an adult with a girlfriend (Candy Kong) and a loyal adventure buddy (Diddy Kong). Cranky is now 70, DK Jr. is now 50, and DK III is now 30. DK Jr. is still out there, hanging out with Toadsworth, Cackletta, Fawful, and Lubba in "The Room of Forgotten Characters".

He's retired, and gone from the public eye. Now Cranky Kong and modern Donkey Kong (whom I view as Donkey Kong the third) have to pick up the slack.

Thank you for reading.

Back