Super Mario Party

Lucario said:
Well yeah but this game's version looks a hell lot like the one from the earlier Mario Parties.

Although I have very little knowledge of how most of them do it so... ok. But still I think that too is cool.

Stuff like that satisfies me.
Well, in Mario Party 6 characters inexplicably grow and shrink when they move positions, and they make a noise if they advance.

Hzqk1Qi.png

In Mario Party 4, there are dice blocks that spin around to show movement.

Mario Party 5 is just characters floating around like in the select screen, but not sure if they react.

Mario Party 8 doesn't have any of that, but not sure about Mario Party 7 either.

I wonder how the Single Player content will be like for this game, since Mario Party games tend to have them. The first two Mario Party games have a Mini-Game quest, while most Mario Party games have some form of Single Player game, usually in Story Mode and Solo Mode (I think Mario Party 10 doesn't have a strictly single player mode; feel free to correct me on this one). Would be swell if they have a Mini-Game quest similar to either Top 100 (though understandably not as long) or the first two Mario Party games (but not Endurance Alley).

Lucario said:
Lookin' good so far though.

Also after each minigame they display the new rankings while those who advanced are shown happy and those who went back are shown to do some kind of losing animation, which is pretty much like Mario Party 64, if memory serves right.

Neat

Lucario said:
Well yeah but this game's version looks a hell lot like the one from the earlier Mario Parties.

Although I have very little knowledge of how most of them do it so... ok. But still I think that too is cool.

Stuff like that satisfies me.
In Mario Party 1 and 2, the characters will react if their position changes. For example if Mario ranks down, he will tip his cap down (1) or shrug (2). Mario Party 3 instead changes expression if the character is either first or last. The winning expressions are the same as if they are selected in the character select screen, but their losing expressions are more unique (example: Mario will place his hand on his eyes if he is in last).

If the Mario Party 7 videos from the recent Runaway Guys is of any indication, there isn't any expression changes until the Final Results screen.

Thank you for reading.

Makes perfect sense, considering the mode requires the use of multiple Switches, and there's no Download Play on Switch.

Why on earth is Donkey Kong a secret character? Remember when Mario Party used to treat him like a normal member of the crew? Oh well. Atleast he's in the game. And so is Diddy.

Unlockables can get strange. It was weird seeing Wario as unlockable in Mario Kart 7.

Pizza Time! said:
They should have a "Party Guest" version, like in Star Rush.
I hope they do. The only game that has a downloaded version for single copy play is Namco Museum (Switch version), where you can download a copy to play Pac-man VS with other Switch players. Mario Party has always offered single cart play so there's no reason to change that now.

Princess Mario said:
Unlockables can get strange. It was weird seeing Wario as unlockable in Mario Kart 7.
I don't think Wario being unlockable was strange, but instead, Peach being unlockable in Fortune Street (Wii) is much weirder only because she is the only Mario character to be an unlockable in that game when you expect her to be a default character, and yes, this is the game where even Bowser, Daisy or even Birdo are playable from the start.

Thank you for reading.

I haven't been paying to much attention to this game, but did characters always have dialogue when you recruit them in party mode?

Interestingly enough, the JP version of the trailer showcases more of Rosalina, she gets the dice and the star instead of Bowser.

Pom Pom is also more prominent.

Now I entertain the thought of promotion being bright and colorful and happy, including "Party with your fun friends" and all those other little taglines, but the artwork of characters screaming vulgarities, showing obscene gestures, being drunk on warm Heineken, and breaking their Joy-Cons.

char-daisy.png

I'm always happy when my favorite girl gets new official 3D artwork. Now if only she could get one in her biker outfit
Then again, I'm always happy when anyone and anything gets new official 3D artwork. Seriously, I got stupidly excited about the Cape Feather's new artwork for MK8D.

Man, these renders are really high-quality! Look at the fabric of Luigi's overalls and how the L on his hat is stitched on.

Ewww that's gross. Waluigi in freaking overall leggings...

Man those latex (?) overalls really make Waluigi look off compared to everyone else.
Then again, I suppose that's the fun of comparing the Mario Bros and the Wicked Bros. Like a weird spot-the-difference puzzle.

For some reason, Mario and Luigi get metal buttons, while Waluigi and Wario get plastic buttons. And check out the cap and glove textures.

By the way Daisy's hair looks like crap, which is a shame because Odyssey seemed like we're going to have decent hair, but Mario Tennis Aces and now this game are decidedly steps back with the cheapo bumpmapping instead of sexy hair strands.

It's so dumb that the online multiplayer is only for minigames

Back