Super Mario Party

I repeat myself, what's the hold up? What are the developers afraid of, that they'll contract dysentery in Chiang Mai after implementing online?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Can I just point out

DnGMceRWsAYnr0X.jpg
the appropriate way to refer to enemies. None of this "he" nonsense. :-X

this was posted on reddit and then on gamefaqs so shoutout to those that post it first.

New board revealed, name unknown

en7ex6w178m11.jpg

King Bomb board with Classic Layout, no Star Rush layout meaning that the Star Rush mode is optional.

38bb5bw2i8m11.jpg

i think they are really trying with this game.

Shame the box cover is so ass deceiving, since it looks cheap compared to the presentation of the game.

they are clearly aiming for a minimalistic design this time around as oppossed to the overly saturated presentations from before, which is nice for a change.

The menus are also overall like this.

I honestly don't love it but it works on a design perspective.

When I think nice, clean, and minimalistic, I don't think Mario Party. Over saturation and Mario Party go together like cake and confetti.

Yes, confetti in the cake when you are trying to eat it.

The older Mario Parties' (1–4) boards were pretty minimalistic, though not quite to this extent.

All this talk of confetti and cake and confetti in cake is making me think of Pinkie Pie.

And it's not making you think of the cakeyest parts of Mario Party. :???:

Cakeparty.jpg

All 80 minigames from the JP website-

They seem like a lot of fun.

Also i find out that in the JP website there's a section to unlock stuff with amiibo, such as stickers.

Birdo actually appears as one.

BEve3Mc.png

Maybe Birdo will get an amiibo soon?

The best part with the minigames is... Mario Party Rhythm Heaven! Seeing the rhythmic minigames makes me very happy.

Thank you for reading.

Is it all the mini games? Like did they say so?

Birdo is not playable in this game so..why?

Probably appears as an NPC.

the stickers are activated by amiibo i think, so i speculate that Birdo will get one soon along with other characters-

Swiftie_Luma said:
the stickers are activated by amiibo i think, so i speculate that Birdo will get one soon along with other characters-
I don't think so, because King Bob-Omb appears as a sticker there and there's no way he's getting an amiibo. The characters who don't have amiibo will probably be unlocked with non-Mario amiibo or by re-tapping an amiibo whose sticker you already got.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Hey you never know, Sakurai is unpredictable and nobody predicts King Bob-Omb in Smash ;)
But this is Mario Party :???:

inb4 we get King Bob-omb in Smash.

i just realized this but

i like how the sticker of wario is him losing, or at least it appears to be him losing

nd cube knows how much we use mario party as an outlet to beat up wario it seems. maybe they browsed mariowiki's minigame articles and laughed with us.

J & Siph said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Hey you never know, Sakurai is unpredictable and nobody predicts King Bob-Omb in Smash ;)
But this is Mario Party :???:
Oh I know. I was more joking about the amiibo part than anything else.

He'd be so off-the-wall that I'd not even be mad about it lol. Real talk, how about we get him, Petey, and King Boo all as bosses in the adventure mode. Maybe even Goomboss.

As for the stickers in this game I'd wager it's more likely that some are from amiibo and others are gotten in other ways.

Eh, could be worse. I mean, it's not like two joycons were ever supported, it's always just one. Would make sense to make it restricted to one player as well. I don't see how this affects portability aside from the minor inconvenience of having to detach joy coins and insert a jig in the right part of the Switch.

Well, yeah. The game has motion controls. I thought that would have been obvious.

Back