Super Mario Party

Well it's revisiting the roots, but also superfying them.

Can we have costumes for Super Mario Party 2? Puh-lease?

Only if the popguns are real guns this time.

never understood why acknowledging the existence of firearms or making them real would raise the age rating for a game.

yet stabbing Bowser with a sword is just fine.

they made bowser's skin melt off in new super mario bros. ds.

but somehow, just showing a realistic gun (that shoots paintballs of course) is bad

what are they even trying to accomplish anyway? Guns exist. Kids know this.

I mean I understand why they did that for toy guns IRL but in a video game?

Also aren't these guns in Splatoon? Must've confused them for half assed orange juice sandwiches I guess.

And believe me when I tell you that a lot of the young'uns are addicted to Fortnite because in their eyes, it's good because it's popular.

A lot of them. They probably can be an army on their own.

The point is, guns are really what you can call the safest choice when it comes to questionable material.

I mean, I get it if they shoot actual bullets and caused gore because that isn't suitable.

But...like just getting rid of guns and replacing them with plastic popguns...it doesn't really change things all that much other than just aesthetics.

Granted, it does look really out of place in a game like this, so that could be a valid reason to change them to more cartoony variants

DiddyPistols.jpg

yup, this is old Mario party alright.

Pizza Time! said:
New video from Nintendo Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPefFPVOL8

We have a good look at the main hub.

From the video, it's interesting to see some new items. One is the Star Pipe, which works similar to Mario Party DS with the only difference being that this version place the character right before the Star. Another item is a golden block that gives a Star if timed properly.

The video also stars Arino, which is a huge plus in my book. Also interesting that everybody is wearing matching colours with the Joy-con colours.

Thank you for reading.

Lookin' good so far though.

Also after each minigame they display the new rankings while those who advanced are shown happy and those who went back are shown to do some kind of losing animation, which is pretty much like Mario Party 64, if memory serves right.

Neat

That's virtually in most Mario Parties.

Well yeah but this game's version looks a hell lot like the one from the earlier Mario Parties.

Although I have very little knowledge of how most of them do it so... ok. But still I think that too is cool.

Stuff like that satisfies me.

[quote author=Mario Party 10 page on Nintendo official site]
Bowser crashes the latest Mario Party, the first installment of the series on the Wii U console.
[/quote]
That word "first" seems to imply that Nd Cube was working on another Wii U installment. Perhaps Super Mario Party was planned as a Wii U game?

of course they were. thats all they do is fart out mario parties.

They literally took the three worst Mario Party 8 minigames and put them in there.

No Fast Food Frenzy, No Buy.

That's why I haven't played a single Mario Party game that isn't Mario Party DS.

YFJ said:
I honestly think Top 100 should be remade with much more content. It was a great concept, but it was also a huge missed opportunity.

it's made to pretty much cash in nostalgia and a dying system

also, no mario mechs is rather criminal. instead, we got triple jump because people loved button masher minigames, right?

mario party 8 had a very mediocre selection in top 100. one of them is just you raising a bloody flag and it lasted like 3 seconds. another is just a repetitive motion cleaning game. the last one was where you shoot cards and i say that's all right but there are far better battle mario party 8 minigames they could have picked. how are those top 100 or even close to it.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
instead, we got triple jump because people loved button masher minigames, right?
Excuse me, but you can't overlook how we got repeat offender award-winning Tug O' War in that game.

i wanted to pick another minigame from mario party 5 to compete with it, hence why i mentioned triple jump and not the minigame you want to play when you want air bubbles on your palms of your hands.

Back