Super Mario Party

Octo-nite8 said:
Ant-Man said:
So we're getting online right.
Cause if so this *bleep* will be wild
Yep, online play for a number of minigames. Sadly, no online for the actual party mode.
Why does nintendo hate us so much

Interesting that there are 20 characters, and the locked ones in the demo are Dry Bones, Pom Pom, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I like how the top row of characters are the good guys (I assume DK and Diddy are in the top row) while the bottom row contains the Koopa troop.

I wonder if this game is compatible with the Pro Controller, and I hope it does since both have motion controls. Would really hate to see that the game is half Joy-con only.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Looks like Europe is getting a Super Mario Party + Joy-con bundle, so now I am wondering if there is going to be the same for the US. I was looking to get this game, and also wanting to get a Joy-con set, but unfortunately I already ordered a Joy-con so I can't take back the order. Would have saved myself some money if the bundle discounts both game and Joy-con. Ah well...

Looks like they already revealed all playable characters in the game.

Sigh.

Well if it's a demo (as the title of the video claims) there might be more characters later, doesn't it?

Ant-Man said:
Octo-nite8 said:
Ant-Man said:
So we're getting online right.
Cause if so this *bleep* will be wild
Yep, online play for a number of minigames. Sadly, no online for the actual party mode.
Why does nintendo hate us so much
I'm guessing it's because it'd be hard to keep playing online with the same person for 1 hour or however long it takes. They might disconnect halfway through for whatever reason and then you would have just wasted half an hour. Though that wouldn't be a problem if it was friends only and not randoms.

Games like Civilization V, which last much longer than a Mario Party match, let you save your settings and resume where you left off, so it is entirely possible to include online functionality for longer games.

Hell, Fortune Street had online, lasted longer, and has a smaller playerbase than Mario Party, so there really is no excuse to leave it out. Online should have been in Mario Party since at least 8.

Octo-nite8 said:
What did online play do to Mario Party, kill its bff?

A new mode, River Survival is shown off, and it's entirely cooperation based, even comes with 4-player cooperation minigames that weren't seen since...like Key-pa Away from the first Mario Party, I believe?

always did like those co-op games.

MarioParty7Pre-releaseTitleScreen.png

Characters stranded helpless on an island while Mario sails on a boat.

You know, this game is basically like Smash Ultimate. Pretty much everyone from the Mario Party franchise is playable, except Toad, Toadette and Spike.

But then that means it's not what you said it was like?

Blade Knight said:
You know, this game is basically like Smash Ultimate. Pretty much everyone from the Mario Party franchise is playable, except Toad, Toadette and Spike.
Also missing Birdo and Blooper.
So "EVERYONE IS sorta HERE!"

Spike and Blooper appear in some minigames.
Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro, Boo, Shy Guy and Mony Mole are playable, so they won't appear as minigame characters.
Maybe Birdo will appear in some form.

Blade Knight said:

then no, it's not like Smash Ultimate then lmao

Lucario said:
tHiS iS sTiLl A dEmO, kEeP tHaT iN mInD.

It looks pretty complete to me at this point, with DK, Diddy, Dry Bones, and Pom Pom being locked away.

It's less than two months before release anyway.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
mario.png

feature-01.png

Looks like we got some fresh new artwork!

This is the first time in my life where I see Bowser holding a dice (because I don't think he has any Mario Party 4 artworks like this one).

Oh hey I just noticed.

Bowser was never playable in any Mario Party before in normal means.

This game sure does change things up a little.

Back