Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No. Avoid it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
SMG1 is so awesome I can't stop playing it. I'm about to get all 120 stars (hope there's something after that) and I'll finish it soon. I think it's the best Mario game I've played in my life!

But, it would be unfair to say that without trying out the second one, right? I heard it has Yoshi, and that sounds cool. However, the game is more expensive for some unknown reason, and I wouldn't like it to be too similar to the first one.

What do you think?

It's good. Not as good as the first game, but still good.

I don't like the game, and I don't like overly binary poll options like this either.

Fidelroyolonda Smackonmybuddyboosters III said:
It's good. Not as good as the first game, but still good.

Pretty much this, though Throwback Galaxy is my all-time favorite galaxy out of the two games (if you know me, you know why :P).

I have more nostalgic feelings towards the first one, but both Matio Galaxy games are masterpieces, and I still prefer Galaxy 1 over Odyssey.

Both of them are worth playing, really.

Do I like Galaxy 2? No. If you're on a tight budget, should you buy it? No. Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 a good game? Yes. Is Super Mario Galaxy 2 very similar to the first one? Yes.

If you like more of the game, Galaxy 2 is for you. You get some nice levels. Many of the concepts in the first one are reused, and you'll feel that immediately when you first step on Space Station Galaxy with sameish layout, music, and even first boss fight. The game looks and sounds nice. The game controls great like always, though. And with the reused components, that includes the negative aspects of the game including using a power-up for only a tiny portion of the game, a post-game that's entirely filler, and extremely frustrating portions / gimmicky minigames. The boss fights, in my opinion, are a downgrade and more forgettable than Galaxy 1's. The Red Star and the Ice Flower are wholly absent. Yoshi is barely in the game, by the way, don't let the packaging fool you. If you don't like the hub world, you'll like how Galaxy 2 replaces it with Starship Mario. If you like the space setting of Galaxy 1, well, Galaxy 2 has significantly less outer space. I feel there are much more 2.5D segments than I like. If you liked the final boss and story of Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2 is unanimously agreed to be a downgrade.

Co-op mode is much better though.

Well, it's pretty good, but it's not as good as SMG1. It has a smaller hub world, SMG1's music is better, the levels in SMG2 are less creative and good. Buy it, but just to tell you that it's not that good.

Galaxy 2 is just Galaxy 1 with Yoshi and without depth and proper setting.

As much as this will make me sound super bias, i will still say a gigantic chunk of the first game's shine is Rosalina's presence and background, as that's the only thing that makes the game have something really deep to experience aside from Bowser kidnaps Peach for the 34435th time.

Without it, we see the consecuences, aka Galaxy 2. A game that's still great but simply lacks that setting that the original had for a Mario game.

in other words, i think what makes the 1st game more memorable is Rosalina's arc, as that's what people remember the most when Galaxy is somehow brought up.

If you love SMG1 that much, you should definitely play SMG2 because it is basically more of SMG1. I would agree with others that it's not quite as good as the first one, but still very good.

Cosmic Cove and Slimy Spring are good ones too.

Though there are some galaxies that are ripoffs of previous one, example number one being the two gravity based galaxy.

Heck they even have the exact same sidequest.

On the bright side of things though, Clockwork ruins, Space Satellite, Chompworks and Cosmic Cove are the best levels in the game.

And the game itself has some pretty good tunes too, like Space Satellite, (Buoy Base doesn’t count it was used in Galaxy 1) Melty Monster, Yoshi Star and many others.

Oh yeah, Slimy Spring was one of my favorites in the aesthetic department.

SMG2's got a soundtrack that rivals and arguably even beats SMG1's soundtrack. Besides what Koops mentioned, there are tunes like Fluffy Bluff Galaxy, Fleet Glide Galaxy, Bowser Jr.'s Boomsday Machine, the final level and final boss music, and Starship Mario.

Haven't made it that far, but you need to give it a play after you're done with your playthrough of Galaxy 1.

It is indeed really good; like some people already said, it's like SMG1 v2.0, in that it's extremely similar to its predecessor and even borrows back some stage concepts.
Personally I found both great but I enjoyed Galaxy 1 more, I think it was slightly better and less gimmicky than its predecessor, as I think SMG2 made a bit too many Power-Up/Yoshi/Vehicle focused stages compared to the first one...

Plague Knight said:
SMG2's got a soundtrack that rivals and arguably even beats SMG1's soundtrack. Besides what Koops mentioned, there are tunes like Fluffy Bluff Galaxy, Fleet Glide Galaxy, Bowser Jr.'s Boomsday Machine, the final level and final boss music, and Starship Mario.
Meh, in my opinion, Hightail Falls brings it down. Same with the Rainbow Ball rolling music. Ugh.

Princess Mario said:
Meh, in my opinion, Hightail Falls brings it down. Same with the Rainbow Ball rolling music. Ugh.
Is that because they're both essentially reused from other games? I see your point, but I don't mind it as long as there are enough original songs in the game.

Nah, those two just sound bad.

The Rolling Ball one should've used Mario Kart Rainbow Music from Mario Kart 64 instead. :/

Back